main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Jaden Korr

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Silas Nightstalker, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Just prior to NJO you also had the Shadow Academy stuff etc, which would have hit the number just before the Vong.

2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Corran (a part-time Jedi, still heavily involved with Rogue Squadron), Tionne, and Streen are mentioned directly - all of them members of Luke's original group. Kam Solusar would have been on the Staff - he has always been the resident Jedi Trainer and head of the Praxeum in Luke's absence.

Gantoris and Dorsk 81 are known casualties out of the originals - Brakiss went dark at some point.

I wonder if Kyp could have been the sixth instructor?

Don't forget Desann's/Fyyar's attack on the Praxeum in 12 ABY- there were certainly some Jedi Trainee casualties from that!

Anyone know when Dorsk 82 joined up?

3. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Streen and Tionne do get mentioned, but I wouldn't consider them shoo-ins. Luke mentions both being sent out to check on a Force-imbued location with no mention of them taking apprentices.

As far as Kyp ...

[​IMG]

4. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Wasn't Kueller an apprentice at about that time?

The Praxeum seems to have turned the first groups out pretty quickly (a matter of months for each group?); isn't it possible that Luke decided on a longer, slower, training regimen following a number of high-profile failures? The Senate/Leia might have insisted on that given what had happened to some of its members!

5. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Let's not forget the other factor - the "masters" instructing said students had just started their formal training a few years earlier. I'm sure there were more than a few stumbles by the instructors along the way.

6. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Granted!

7. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    OK, back to the Jaden is a clone/is there a clone of Jaden? They don't just set up a novel in which, a guy finds out he is a clone. Chances are he is not going to be clone of a no name character. There are already clones of Luke, Mara, Kam, and Lumiya running around. So who is Jaden's DNA based off of? Whose DNA does Thrawn have access to? Katarn? Durron? Kenobi?

8. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Already a Kyle-clone in the batch, IIRC.

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    So... Durron? Kenobi? Who else could it be? I mean could he be Gantoriss or Streen's clone?

How cool would it be if Jaden Korr was Kenobi's clone! Ewan McGregor, Lucas film wants you back to play your character again... "But he is dead" But this other character isn't who has his genes.

10. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    On the subject of Jaden being a clone (I haven't read these novels yet so I don't know the ins and outs of what was said) is it possible that part of it comes from C'baoth? We know that Thrawn only had access to the cloning cylinders after his first meeting with the crazy clone and I'm sure I remember a conversation where Thrawn or Pellaeon mentions cloning C'baoth again. Since this clone is an experiment of Thrawns it wouldn't surprise me.

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
  12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Ken Palpatine.

Darth_Culator likes this.
  13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Eh that I seriously doubt

14. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    It could not be Jorus C'baoth or Ken's clone as the Wook states that Jaden Korr was created by Thrawn in 1 ABY... 1 Year following the battle of Yavin. Enough time to run to Taatooine, find Kenobi's hut, and take a few gray hair folicles off of his beard trimmers.

15. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
  16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Jaden Korr was cloned in 1 ABY by Grand Admiral Thrawn and, in 9 ABY, Thrawn gave Korr to a couple who resided on Coruscant. (According to Wookieepedia, which sources Riptide aparently)

I knew there was crazy spike transfer stuff. But I didn't get knitty gritty until now...

thesevegetables likes this.
  17. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Okay thanks. You learn something new every day.

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    But it isn't revealed who he is a clone of... Why? There are clones of Luke, Mara, Kam, and Kyle. Yet the original Jaden clone predates that of the other four, which leads me to believe it is an Order 66 survivors/possible Sith Lord. He is human, which narrows it down to Quinlan Vos, Palpatine, Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan, and Ferus Olin... by my count.

19. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Isn't he a clone of some dude who looks like Jaden Korr? That's what a clone is, right? He's the Boba to an unknown Jango. I really don't think he's any of the above. And isn't Quinlan Vos like black or something? Jaden Korr isn't black.
    We don't know who he's a clone of. Probably no one has decided.

JediFan215 likes this.
  20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Either that or one of the Prequel Trilogy actors wants in to the Sequel Trilogy... It's all set up for a Kenobi clone that isn't Kenobi but a whole new character with back ground and personality, he just looks like Ewan McGregor

21. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The 1 ABY date has no basis in Riptide. It's nonsense.

And if Jaden was a clone of any NJO Jedi, the NJO Jedi would notice that this Jaden Korr fellow looked just like Kyp Durron, or Kenth Hamner, or whoever. He can't be a clone of anyone anyone in the NJO knows. Given the fact that the person we know as Jaden Korr is far too old to have originated as a clone under Thrawn, it's most likely that our Jaden is a clone of the original Jaden, who then replaced him with a copy of his memories and whatever programming Thrawn wanted, or whatever the hell mad science was going on there. Jaden is probably Jaden, and not Sharad Hett, or Jorus C'baoth, or Qui-Gon, or Revan, or whoever.

22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Probably... :( I just want some answers, you know?

JediFan215 likes this.
  23. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    This I doubt, I'm afraid - the Wook, being what it is, can get false or misunderstood information slotted into it.

Thrawn didn't find Mount Tantiss until 9 ABY.

Robimus likes this.
  24. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    We need to get to the bottom of this, everyone whip out your copy of Riptide. We need to reach a censensus...

25. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Check the Outbound Flight Jedi as well, if C'Baoth had samples etc. taken then so could they all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.