main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justified anticipation and appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    awwwww yeaaaaaa

if you arent watching Justified you are almost as tetched in the head as the people still not watching breaking bad

season 4 is coming in january... first teaser has been released and is quite spoiler free - the only thing it reveals being that, oh yes, there will be blood. but how could it be otherwise in a show about elmore leonard's kentucky badass, US Marshal Raylan Givens?:

bonus video for fans:

and the show's unofficial 2nd themesong (conspicuously missing from this past finale :mad:):

annddddd another version that's also cool in case you aren't in a harlan mood yet:

MarcusP2 likes this.
  2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Currently my favourite show. Another one of those great US series which is not aired here. I have to get it mailed from the USA.

Seriously though the end of last season. Keepaway with the severed arm....gold.

3. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Oh and he's a Deputy US Marshal.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I've watched this series in a really stupid order, due to me coming to it late, but I agree it's superb. I'm looking forward to the 4th season.

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I turned out to have been justified in my anticipation of and appreciation for the efforts of the Obama re-election team.

6. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Enough with the Justin puns, Timberlake. It's not funny anymore.

7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I started the first season and while I do like it, I'm not all that fond of the case of the week format. I thought the racist rednecks were going to be a series long struggle from the first episode, so when it was wrapped up so soon I was disappointed. Does it change to a overarching story format, or stay as the story of the week type series?

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Long running arcs happen; season 2 has perhaps the best of these. The show does develop its characters as it goes along, which is one of its strengths. I recommend staying with the series.

9. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    You could make an argument that there's been an overarching story from the very first episode.

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    They pretty much abandon case of the week eps by the third season, IIRC.

11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    its kind of like buffy and dexter at first with very concrete "season villians"/"big bads" who kind of loom in the background the whole season even when they're not directly in on the action and then there's a big cluster**** reckoning with them at the end which owns. as mentioned this was best executed in the second season with mags bennett and the bennett clan, largely, in my opinion, on the strength of margot martindale's stellar performance as mags

but yeah they become more integrated with each season and less with the cases of the week.

12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Finished Season 1. Overall it's good, I'll watch the rest, the entire show is worth it just for Raylan, Arlo and Boyd.

13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    you won't be saying that next season but yeah i could see how you would say it in season 1

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Really it's not the focus past season 1.

This has consistently been one of the best shows on TV the last three years... definitely hoping that keeps up for S4. Raylan is one of the best characters, period.

15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    eh, raylan's alright, btu the show's standouts have always been its villians. boyd, mags, neal mcdonough

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well as far as leads and heros go. Obviously Boyd is the best. But he wouldn't work without Raylan. And vice versa.

Also, Raylan is super attractive.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    all true i must admit

18. DDMAN26

DDMAN26 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2002
    Love this show.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Last night I had a dream that I was going back to work in a writers room for a new season, but instead of it being for a show I already worked on it was for Justified. But it was very nonchalant as if I'd worked on it last season and knew everyone. Graham Yost was there, but so was a friend of mine from another show. Then Walton Goggins came in and I was chatting with him about what he did over the hiatus.

I blame this thread.

20. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm getting caught up with Justified now. I'm a couple episodes in to season 2...man, this is a great show. Goggins and Olyphant are great.

21. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    justified is back, *******. whatch'all think?

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Shoot I thought this thread was about being excited for things that are coming up and being justified for doing so. Oops.

Fantastic show though. Glad Timothy Olyphant is back at it.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Definitely interested to see where this is going. Joe Mazello, crazy snake preacher. Good start.

Raylan's car getting stolen with a guy in the trunk is classic.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    ****ing furries.

25. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I did think of this board when I saw that scene.

So far so good. Arlo seems to have taken a level in crazy.