main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Jedi in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LawJedi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    And apparently Luke's training only lasted about 20 minutes :p

Seriously, Yoda must have told him something during all that time they sat in that hovel.
    And even if he didn't, Luke had like 30 or more years to find out a thing or two about the Jedi Order. The only question is how much and how much of it will he adhere to in his own teachings.

2. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    That is something I've wondered. How long is Luke actually training on Dagobah? The movie makes it seem like it's about 2 days, but given that he was training for at least the amount of time that it took the Falcon to limp to Bespin on sublight, does that mean that it's about 2 weeks?

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    At least - I think there's something about how long he was away from the Alliance (in total, including rescuing Han) in Destiny's Way.

4. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Brand new here.

I actually kind of like the idea of Luke doing the rule of the two. And I like it because it adds to the mirror relationship of the trilogies.

I'm thinking that if it's 30 or so years later, Lea has spent the last 3 decades reforming the Old Republic and it has not been easy. There's strife everywhere. And the citizens of the Galaxy are completely distrustful of all force users. Even though it's considered an ancient religion, they don't want any part of Jedi (were normal citizens even aware of "Sith"?) Perhaps they don't know of her abilities. Or perhaps she never truly went thru the training and developed them, but for the time being she's been in the political spot light. (For now)

I think that Ep 7 could introduce some major threat - perhaps some relic from the Empire. And a few times throughout the movie and mysterious figure immerges, trained in the ways of the jedi knights...and Saves the Day!!! (A mirror to Maul, showing up at the end of Ep 1 and being a foil to the heroes) And as suddenly as he arrives, he disappears again, without a word, leaving the main characters wondering; who was this figure. Was he the master, or the apprentice.

Perhaps the movie follows this strange figure back to some secret spot on some distant world. We see him meet up with another strange fellow, dressed in dark robes who reveals himself...to be Luke. The Master.

Luke is in hiding. He's now a legend to some. Someone who disappeared long ago, maybe even thought dead. He's biding his time, knowing that most citizens aren't ready to trust the Jedi again. And to be honest, perhaps he knows the Jedi don't quite deserve that trust. He's spent his time, hunting down old Jedi relics and learning about the force - with some particular help. And taking on an apprentice.

Episode 7 could mirror the PT, The Phantom Menace. Meaning, the Sith were on the outside, but secretly pulling strings and maneuvering pawns into place. I'm not suggesting that Luke is a shadowy figure, or a bad guy, but in order to get things done, the Jedi are now on the outside of the system.

Ep 8 and 9 could be then about building that trust back up. Luke could take on a few more apprentices, and by the end of 9 the New Republic has no choice but to accept Luke's help. He sets up the Jedi Counsel (again, mirroring Ep 3, when the Temple was on fire, now it's rebuilt) and uses his new band of Jedi to go up against the last foe.

Just my few ideas on things. That's all.

5. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
  6. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    DarkGingerJedi

Very nice idea, man. It makes quite a bit of sense and has a lot of potential.

7. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    The NJO has largely gotten rid of the personal Padawan-Master system. Now groups of trainees study in a room with an instructor. Teacher and class, instead of personal tutor.

8. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    This x a million.

Say no to a dozen Jedi kids being taught by Luke.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, the most experienced Jedi alive would never teach a bunch of kids at once.

[​IMG]

10. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said that I preferred Luke being taught by Yoda one on one.

Maybe you can teach kids the basics as is shown above in the PT but I don't think you should have dozens of almost-Jedi's being taught by one master.

11. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    well if they are going to go with skywalker protagonists, follow the prequel trilogy, have them as padawans promoted to jedi knights at the end of movie 1, jedi knights in movie 2 and in movie 3 have one of them take luke's place.

12. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    So... in Episode VII:
    Jedi Knight - Jaina Solo and
    Jedi Apprentice - Ben Skywalker

tsunami1138 likes this.
  13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    yeah sure let's go with that.

tsunami1138 and Kyris Cavisek like this.
  14. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    I'm not talking about younglings. I'm talking about once they reach the stage when they take on a Master. At that point, the Master can only have one Padawan. So technically, Luke can have one Padawan and still teach a bunch of younglings. The problem is that he's the only master. So that would cause a dilemma. Does he break the rule and teach more than one Padawan?

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  15. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I'd like to see middle-aged Skywalker children with some adolescent grandchildren. Do a Harry Potter thing. I'd be down to see Emma Watson as Leia's granddaughter.

16. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Will the Jedi still be able to build their own lightsabers or will these be regulated by the republic? Stricter controls on an organization that is very high risk. Your basically asking a group of people who believe in mysterious force, to govern peace and justice, however they can quite easily forgo their morals and become almost invincible by turning to the darkside. How do you keep those crazy hippies in check??

17. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    If the new ST takes place around 30 to 40 years after ROTJ, it is very possible that a Force-sensitive person born sometime around Battle of Endor and found by Luke a few years after is now an experienced Jedi Knight, or even a Master, capable of taking on an individual apprentice.

Someone who was born just during the Battle of Endor would be 30 or 40 years old in the ST, so it is quite possible that Luke has quite a few experienced Jedi helping him out.

18. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Exactly, not to mention many fan favorite EU jedi could "sliding time scale" their ages to make them slightly younger than Luke ie. 30's or 40's. Katarn Durron and Horn would be three easy examples for this case

19. DarthMateous

Aug 1, 2002
    No Emma Watson please!

20. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Hasn't she said goodbye to acting? Thought I heard that somewhere.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Keep other franchise stars in their franchise. Rumor has it that Mark Wahlberg will be in Transformers 4 cause he wants to be part of a franchise. Let's look for good stars unconnected to other franchises (except maybe flops)

DarthMateous likes this.
  22. DarthMateous

Aug 1, 2002
    Sure....that's possible. Let's assume that most Jedi take 15-18 years to become a Jedi Knight. That means that Luke would only have had time to train 2 Padawans in 30 years (under the rules of the Jedi Code) and would be in the process of training his 3rd.

Also, we all know that Anakin was the youngest Jedi Put on the Council ever and he was 22-years-old. Usually Jedi have to earn the rank of Master to be on the council. So let's say it takes someone around 25 years to become a Jedi Master. That would mean that there would be at THE MOST only 3 Jedi Masters in the Universe IF Luke was the only one to train Jedi. So IF Luke follows the original Jedi Code, at best, there would be 2 other Jedi Masters each with a Padawan. So there would be 3 Jedi Masters and 3 Padawans. Plus the Younglings. This, of course, is assuming that Luke follows the original Jedi Code. (If he doesn't, then the possibilities are endless.) So I imagine it would realistically take Generations to rebuild the Jedi Order.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  23. DarthMateous

Aug 1, 2002
    I'm not a fan. She plays a great teenager. That's it.

24. DarthMateous

Aug 1, 2002
    I don't want to see any EU characters in significant roles. There have been no significant EU characters in the movies so far and that's how I like it.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree that Katarn Durron and Horn shouldnt be significant characters. A vos or secura cameo at most, perhaps a mention. However what about the Solo kids? How do you handle that?

DarthMateous likes this.