main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Seven Psychopaths, last night.

Twas ok. but IN BRUGES was way way way better.

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Howl's Moving Castle

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    How To Train Your Dragon

4. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
  5. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    oh i might see anna karnana too.

oops sorry karinannin

crap knannari

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It's okay; I still can't even pronounce it. :p

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Kuh Ren N Uh

8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Just saw Lincoln. It was a little...speechy...but it was really good. Pretty good acting by everybody.

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I did a OT Marathon today. Very rarely do I get a whole day to veg out on the couch with my kid. No soccer, no shopping, no work.

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  10. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Argo. It was ... wow...

Just kinda a bummer it wasn't always historically accurate. But hey, whatever it takes for DRAMATIC!

11. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    oh? how and where did it differ?

i just got back from life of pi. very good. not spectacular, but very good.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Linkin. I did not know much about the 13th Amendment fight in the House so that was interesting... if it was historically accurate. I also liked that he cursed. It's the little things.

DarthTunick likes this.
  13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    From Dusk Till Dawn... I really, really enjoyed it. The script/plot/story was interesting, and Clooney did one hell of an acting job. Cheech Marin in 3 roles was a hoot as well.

14. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    For one thing, the final tense moments in the airport of "are they on to it or not? are they gonna get caught?" is made up for dramatic effect. There never was any suspicion, they were home free. [face_laugh]

15. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I saw the Red Dawn remake. When getting a ticket, I actually said "one for the Red Dawn remake" because I can't call it Red Dawn. I can't really judge it as a standalone film but tried to imagine if I were an impressionable tot watching this just as I was when I eagerly watched the original. A hypothetical situation with North Korea just isn't the same as a plausible one with the Soviet Union of the early '80s. Surely a lot of people don't know North Korea from Hong Kong so it might not matter. Even kids had common knowledge that the USSR had massive fleets, tank divisions, troops, etc. North Korea's capabilities aren't as well known nor are they as great. In the original the airborne units came under the disguise of commercial airliners, not squadrons of transport planes that somehow got to the US. References just seemed to pop up for reference sake without fitting into the plot sensibly. Still, most of the characters weren't as significant, especially the enemy ones, and the cinematography was typical modern dizziness.

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The Amazing Spider-Man. It's interesting in a cultural way to see how public perception of geeks and nerds has shifted in this era of comic-book films-in the original of these films, Peter is a loser, no bones about it. This Peter, however, has geeky cool all over him. Also, the love story is far and away better-never understood why Peter was nuts about a woman that treated him like garbage for the majority of the films, and Emma Stone has far better screen presence, as well as actual things to do besides scream a lot. The Lizard is a fairly minor-ish villain, as well as apparently a fan of the Ras Ah Ghul Guide To Gassing Cities, but the scene in the credits does a good job of reminding us the real mystery, and villain, is still out there.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    27 Dresses (2008). What a sexist piece of garbage. Before that was License to Wed (2007). What a creepy movie. He should have been arrested and thrown into prison. To purge my mind of both of these "comedy classics" HBO had Harry Potter and the Deadly Hellows parts 1 and 2 back-to-back. Or Deathly Hallows. Something like that. I then went to sleep with peaceful thoughts rather than with tears of agony.

18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It's out? Crap I lost track. Guess I know what movie I'm seeing this weekend :p

19. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Black Christmas (1974)

20. San-Tarah

San-Tarah Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2012
    Young People F;;ing

21. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Nice title.

22. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    "Good Will Hunting"

23. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Battleship.

24. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    My Neighbor Totoro- watched it with my daughter

Merlin_Ambrosius69 likes this.
  25. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    I just saw the film yesterday, and have been rather shocked by the reviews to be honest. I thought the movie was fairly easy to understand, but I guess not. I want to point out that the hypothetical situation actually involves an invasion that is organized via a coalition of forces (Russian, Chinese, North Korean). The opening makes this fairly clear along with the flags/symbols seen throughout...so I'm baffled that so many people (including critics) are walking away from this film thinking "North Korea." Another criticism I read claimed this movie was a Tea Party "wet dream" and that it was a big middle finger to the federal government, except it wasn't. Another criticism was that the film is pro-American...I'm not sure where to go with that since...it's a remake of Red Dawn...it's going to be pro-American...not sure why that's a bad thing.

In my opinion it's a fun film with ok acting and amazing action sequences. It's no worse than any other simple action flick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.