main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, its a little cheeky, but really GG wasn't accusing anyone of trolling with the image - he was creatively asking if the user was serious or not.

Personally, I think its a little rude to break out the accusations about GG's posting habits, but thats just me.

2. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    She took out two of the Walkers in ESB herself.

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Having not seen the episode, I'm okay with some silliness in a kids show, particularly with episodes starring young children.

I definitely don't enjoy everything TCW does- I despise two of the fan favorites, Cad Bane and Hondo- but they have been improving steadily. The season opening wasn't bad at all; some writing hiccups brought on by the breakneck pace (which, as I've already noted, is unavoidable), but overall quite promising (though maybe it's because they finally saw fit to give Obi-Wan a Crowning Moment of Awesome).

That said, I would feel much better about saying they're improving if they wouldn't do petty things like kill Adi Gallia again. Numerous ways to get around that.

Esg likes this.
  4. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    This would be incredible.

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    TCW doesn't make sense to me, because I am still stuck on the old multimedia project timeline, which is the only Clone Wars timeline I care about.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I am sorry. It has been a frustrating day for me, and I posted rashly.

Though I do want to say that I would take this "crap" over the original Clone Wars cartoon any day...well, except the Grievous introduction episode of course.

7. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I do that all the time, don't sweat it :p

I like aspects of both shows, though I do think the quality of TCW(with one or two exceptions) has been in steady decline over the past three Seasons. I liked the goofy kids costumes in this one, but then I love Bombad Jedi as well so that might explain some of that.

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

9. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Oh, I definitely think TCW really needs to just stop taking itself seriously and go full-blown zany bizarreness. Really, the only time the show's ever been awesome have been when it just went completely insane. Anyone remember the episode where Ziro the Hutt talked about sharing the sunsets with the alien lady from RotJ while visiting Mama the Hutt? That was awesome. Anyone remember the episode where Padme gave an Important Speech in the Senate about giving poor people electricity? That was not awesome.

TCW needs more insanity, and less seriousness. I fully support flower-growing Ithorian padawans.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Disagree. Every time we see another episode with incompetent Padme flailing about and being unable to get a single thing done is another arrow in my quiver of arguments over why the Old Republic had to go. The political episodes are intrinsically hilarious.

See, when Princess Leia described her memories of her mother being "beautiful, but sad," she meant "sad" in the "pitiful, pathetic" definition of the word.

11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Hey hey, we haven't had a battle of Hoth yet in the show! Why is this?

blackmyron and Zorrixor like this.
  12. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Grievous hasn't yet recovered from his most recent beating. Don't worry, he'll get there.

13. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    wasn't that what the battle of Hypori was in the 2D Clone Wars.

Grievous in all his badassity, killing Jedi and completely wiping out an army and fleet of clones.

if anything, that deserves to be in #D clone wars, even though they can't possibly top the animation/AWESOME in that episode, or the beginning of the next.

14. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Yes, I am trolling you by asking you if you've even watched the episode in question before making a sweeping judgment on it based on a single image.

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I immediately thought of another bit of Classic Star Wars featuring circus performers. Can anyone guess what that might be?

HanJones likes this.
  16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, it's fine man. However, I should've picked an image that didn't say trolling on it, though. :p

17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Look, if someone had come in here six months ago and said there was an episode coming up about a group of Jedi younglings joining the circus, almost all of us would've scoffed. That's understandable. But doesn't it say something that everyone in this thread who's actually seen the arc thinks it's great? Isn't it possible that we didn't all go crazy at once?

18. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I'll give the dancing rose bush this: if it was designed to hypnotise you all and plant hidden subliminal messages that You. Will. Like. Me. then it did its job well. :p

Waru would be proud.

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I guess you could argue it was so bad it drove all who saw it hopelessly insane, and they remember it being good as a coping mechanism.

You know, like the King in Yellow.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The episode where Sy Snootles sang the Huttese version of "Anything Goes" as featured in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? Awesome is not the word I would use.

The shark called, it wanted to know what the hell that thing was that jumped it.

Valin__Kenobi and Zorrixor like this.
  21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  22. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Coming from a TCW-watcher who can't stand Darth Maul being brought back, how they ruined Boba Fett, Anakin having Ahsoka as an apprentice:

This current arc is excellent. If your issue is the focus on younglings, Anakin was a boy in Episode I, and lots of stories feature the Solo children as, well, children. Hondo is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters in TCW, at least this season, because he's always drunk. He threatens to sell Ahoska to someone who will use her for her body, and in the first episode there was an interesting, yet I'll admit predictable, story about the younglings defeating their own fears on Ilum. And Grevious manhandling clones.

This is the way TCW should be: Let Obi-Wan and Anakin do their own thing and focus on OCs.

23. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That's something many do not approve of

24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I hate it when the bad guys do things I don't approve of.

25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    TCW wishes it could be Han Solo at Star's End.