main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    A Thank
    A Thanksgiving to remember!!!

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010

3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Gosh, I wanted to respond to this a long time ago! Too busy! Argh.

Mmmmm... Dark chocolate covered Obi-Wan... That is definitely going on the list! Yummy. I need a good twist though, going to brainstorm about this :) Can I just say that I love, and it makes me so happy, that you think chocolate covered Obi, and the next thought is *yep, Ash* :p :D Lol. I'm just happy I can contribute something unique and worthwhile to the community. A million face loves! Which is too complicated to do on my phone.

Having thanksgiving lunch with all of hubby's family and then thanksgiving dinner with my family :D A lot, but fun, and my mom cooks light, so it's all good.

Story wise, I'm working on a very important piece to me. I've labored over it for months and I'm so fretting over it - Miracle and Daddy's first moments. I hope it captures a fraction of the emotion I want it to. Posting soon :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

laloga likes this.
  4. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    tsk,what would Master Yoda think of that? And Asajj Ventress might have beaten you to him. :-D

5. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Me too. I'll be looking forward to it.romance? With whom? Boy, I have to get. Used to this format.where do you go to get an avatar?

6. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hope everyone is having a good day. We seriously thought about goign out to eat, but staying home just seems more appealling. Getting ready to do breakfast, then later BBQ hamburgers. Just another Sunday to us it seems. :)

Romance in the new book, another author's love interest for Obi for us to debate about...;)

Later!!

7. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Now, now... all females will go out and get drunk if he agrees :p

I'm also very curious about the romance part. Something to look forward to [face_thinking]

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Me drunk? I'm affronted, hic. A leettlle tipsy, maybe, but drunk - sorry, in college I saw too many get drunk, and some got mean. Their idea of a good time was being unable to remember it the next day. That's not my scene and never was. The closest I ever got was an office Christmas lunch at a restaurant where every time one looked up, one's glass was being topped off and I surely must have exceeded one or two max drinks. Luckily we had a designated driver to get back to the office - I was mainly sleepy and time seemed to have slowed down.

On the subject, if Obi-Wan truly got drunk, wonder just how he'd react and what the circumstance were - the closest "canon" we've got is him getting high on spores on LOE and merrily decimating battle droids while staggering.

9. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    An absolute FAVORITE scene of mine. though later inthe same book, he and Anakin (in the name of gathering information) make a foray to ten bars in succession, and later can't quite remember where they parked the ship - ha!
    And what in the blazes is that neon blue stuff he chugs at the Outlander in AotC, hmm?
    Looks like it coudl put hair on your chest.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  10. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] that part was hilarious.

11. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    As evidenced by his ability to wreak havoc on his foes while blitzed, it's clear that a drunk Jedi could be a very dangerous Jedi. I have this visual of an inebriated Force user staggering down a disreputable back alley, while the garbage cans and litter randomly levitate in the air and the gang of ruffians who try to accost him end up sailing through the air clear into the next district.
    Jedi culture places so much emphasis on focus and control that it does seem an unlikely scenario, I must say.
    Thinking of doinf a short piece with Quinlan Vos in it, in which a bottle of bootlegged Corellian rum makes an appearance. .. Obi-Wan does not approve.

Valairy Scot and FARK2005 like this.
  12. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Loved that scene - it was adorable. I'm trying to remember the 10 bars...that was when they were in the outer rims for months, right? What book was that?

Anyway, we just watched "Brave"...great Pixar animation, and loved all the Scottish accents, the music, and this story that took place in Ewan's homeland...[face_love]

Last night we watched John Carter...really, really good sci-fi. Elements of it, including some of the sound effects, reminded me a little of some scenes from the prequels.

13. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Happy Thanksgiving, all.... here is an appetizer...
    [​IMG]

Veloz, serendipityaey and obimom like this.
  14. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    So excited to see this new chapter of Miracle go live! It's...it's amazing. Truly amazing. [face_love]

Happy Thanksgiving to you! :D

serendipityaey likes this.
  15. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Imagine both Quinlan and Obi-Wan drunk.... oooooh boy [face_laugh]

Valairy Scot and laloga like this.
  16. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Perhaps that is where "I never did enjoy hanging out with you." comes from;)

Veloz likes this.
  17. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    EXACTLY. That quip deserves some explanation. There is at least one misadventure implied in that statement.

Veloz likes this.
  18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

Ruth, I would love to see you write that...;)

Weekend off, then overtime hours next week. Where's Val?

19. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Val is at the Outlander, having one of those neon blue drinks in hopes of picking up a certain Jedi master at the bar.

Jedi Master Kenobiwan and obimom like this.
  20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, blue is my favorite color...and Obi-Wan the only male I'd consider picking up at a bar.

Kahlua and Brandy it is for the cat names - name has "mom approval." How was everyone's T-day?

21. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hi Val!! I just finished tweaking my chappie again...and then posted it. I looked and looked for any more of those little mistakes..couldn't find any more.

Anyway, I had toned it down quite a bit after you read it, and then just now may have heated it up a little again...:p Oh well...

Anyway, we didn't do that much...mainly rested and watched movies and ate...We saw John Carter (really liked that one...and the guy who played John Carter was pretty handsome...not like Ewan of course, but he got my attention somewhat. , then Brave and then the new Spiderman movie...all good.

Hope you had a good day yesterday. I like your kitty names and glad your mom approves.

The Phantom Menace and The Attack Of The Clones was on tonight, didn't watch them, but I was aware that Obi-Wan was on my TV...;)

Tried to sneak a peek a couple times during AOTC when my hubby went to the 'fresher" but it was all commercials then when it did finally come back it was "them"[face_phbbbbt] ...instead of him.

Going to bed...I have tomorrow off, so I'll probably be around some, it depends on what we do here.

22. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Ohhhhhhh... I can't make face loves on my phone, but a million face loves!!! So good Deb, it was so romantic and simmery, and sexy and just yum. It was perfect, I loved it!! Mmmm... Good dreams tonight! Great job! I know I haven't reviewed 22 yet, I got ahead of myself... I can sense sexiness from 5 chapters away and I can't resist :p I will go back though :)

Swoon!!!! Loved!

obimom likes this.
  23. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001

What you said. Plus the fact that he knows how to use his Force powers for good.

24. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Fundamentally? That he bears the torch of the Jedi tradition through the "Dark times" into the next era, in utter exile and alone. It was full of pathos in A New Hope, but after Episode III, with the added layer of Anakin's betrayal, it becomes so achingly noble that I think the character stands out as one of the finest examples of patient, suffering nobility in fiction. The wry self-distancing and occasioal snarky wit create a sense of /armor/ over a compassionate heart, which works quite well to make the character human and sympathetic, a tenuous balance of idealistic crusader and warm individual. From Obi-Wan's first line in TPM (I have a bad feeling about this...) to Old Ben's small, peaceful smile as he allows Vader to strike him down, you have this lovely story arc of a soul who sees the very worst possible tragedies in his lifetime, but who endures and deepens into a final and complete wisdom.
    For the record, the character's appeal has absolutely /nothiing/ to do with Obi-Wan Kenobi's uncanny youthful resemblance to Ewan McGregor. After all, we are luminous beings, not this gross matter.
    RIGHT, girls?????

FARK2005, obimom and Valairy Scot like this.
  25. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    By the way, Ash and Deb, Obi Wan was getting so much loving in your fics that I felt the Force was out of balance, so I skipped ahead a few chapters on mine and wrote some nice, torturous bits to make up for all the good times.[face_devil]
    Ah..... a perfect long weekend. !!