main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Do you want Prequel characters to appear?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CaptainRegor, Nov 22, 2012.

1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    We all want the original gang to return but would you like to see an appearance of some prequel characters?​
    As we know nothing at all about the new trilogy, who knows when it's set it is likely to be in a age appropriate for Mark Hamill (as he is very likely to return) so the Jedi Order is probably back.​
    We also are guessing that they'll not follow the EU so they have free roam for their stories so...​
    Force Ghosts could be done...​
    Yoda, would be very easy to return as he is a CGI/Puppet,​
    Anakin, looks like Hayden so that's easy too​
    Obi-Wan, well put some makeup on Ewan and he could do it?​
    What about Qui-Gon?​
    Maybe some old Datacrons for some reason get's accessed and we see some of the dead non force-ghost jedi?​
    Characters like Jar-Jar, Watto and Typho might be alive.​
    Old Holocrams?​
    Maybe even as simple as a painting of Queen Amidala on Naboo?​
    I know I would like to see some of the prequel characters return in some form I feel that it would make it more consistent, It's a safe bet we'll get C-3PO and R2-D2 again of course likely a bunch of Original Trilogy characters but how about some mention at least of the prequel characters?​
    You may say, but they weren't in the original trilogy at all and that worked fine, well there comes my point about the Force Ghosts should they return and be in all 3 trilogy's?​
    Personally I would really like Ewan return as Obi-Wan alongside, Mark & Co​
    So bottom line and the hole bunch of text is all to really:​
    Would you want to see any prequel characters return if so who and how?​

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I'd love an elderly JarJar to appear.

Both because I like him and it would upset people ;)

3. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    I would love to see Yoda, Qui Gon and Anakin as force ghosts. With Obi-Wan it's more difficult since Alec Guiness is dead, but with the amount of technology that exists now, who knows?

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    No just no

5. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    If Chewbacca is still alive and in Episode 7 than he would be a Prequel Character. He was in Episode 3, 4, 5,6 and now 7. All they need is Peter Mayhew...I am sure he would do it.

6. San-Tarah

San-Tarah Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2012
    Papanoida locked up in the same room with JarJar in an insane asylum would be neat.

7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    A fiftysomething Lux Bonteri in the New Republic Senate?

8. Tensionhead

Tensionhead Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    didnt jarjar die on alderan?

id like to see an old vos

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Not really.

I'm fine with a cameo, if they don't overdo it and if it's more of an easter egg. I am fine with a "bigger cameo" if it serves a purpose in the story. One Force ghost, maaaaybe two. We don't need a load of them floating around, their appearances are supposed to be a kind of a big deal.

My main problem with these suggestions is that I get the feeling that people just propose characters to appear in the ST just for the sake of them being there. Very rarely is any real reason for their appearance or presence given. There is really no need for any known characters to appear, unless a) very minor easter egg cameo b) they have a concrete reason to be in the story and do not steal the spotlight from new characters we're supposed to see.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Mace Windu landed safely on an airspeeder carrying a giant memory foam mattress for Jabba the Hutt, so I'd like to see him finally emerge from exile.

11. Master Hamahiga

Master Hamahiga Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    No PT characters are needed.

12. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Except for TC-14.

Fettcrom likes this.
  13. Master Hamahiga

Master Hamahiga Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    LOL. I can live with that

14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'd like to see a Force Ghost or two in a cameo role for plot purposes, but otherwise no. Most PT characters are dead/unimportant, so there's really no reason to add them in without a really good reason.

15. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Can you? Can you?!

[​IMG]

Fettcrom likes this.
  16. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Yes. The more the better. It is all about the climax. Each film can get better. The Original Trilogy should be better than the Prequel Trilogy because each film is suppose to be better than the last one. If I see Die Hard 1, then I am expecting Die Hard 2 to be cooler. I am expecting Die Hard 3 to be even cooler. Each James Bond film is suppose to get better. So, if the OT are better, then that is good. And the ST should be even cooler. The ST should merge the best of the best of PT and OT together. The story can pick up faster. In the Return of the Jedi, the main characters went strait to rescuing Han Solo.

Because those characters were already introduced. So, later films can get back to the action and spend less time on setting up the characters. But, of course they will have to take the time to introduce new characters, but I love cameos and bringing back characters would be like cooler than the Expendibles 2.

17. Varguitas

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd like the idea of a painting of Padme in like Leia's house or something. That would a nice treat.

18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'm expecting—and hoping—to see Anakin's Force ghost. Apart from that, none come to mind.

It'd be fun to see an aged Jar Jar, but we have no clue whether the story really requires us to visit Naboo again.

19. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Maybe Jar-Jar is still the a or maybe the prime senator for Naboo?
    Yeah I'd bet we'll have some connection to Anakin in the new films like a ghost would be best

20. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i could imagine all three: Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin to appear. hopefully to Luke. with luke telling all of three of them, "I did the best i could. i just hope it was enough." i wouldn't mind seeing Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen reprising their roles as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker.

21. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Yeah, I totally agree. That final scene of the three Force ghosts suggests that they're always going to be there for Luke; Obi-Wan even says so literally earlier in the movie: "Yoda will always be with you." It seems like an obvious metaphor for how your parents, teachers and so on "never really leave you" (forgive the corny expression). Not showing that would be inconsistent with that scene and that idea, IMO.

Maybe, depends on where they take the story. If the Republic is completely rebuilt (new & improved) at the beginning of the story, then I'd say yes. If the galaxy has fallen into a dark ages or something at the beginning of the story, then perhaps not. But I don't know. [face_dunno]

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  22. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    and they never do, i believe that. i mean i know the time will come when my own mentor (he ended up becoming a second father) and my own father will pass away and i know that they will never truly be gone because i will always have their teachings with me. so it's not corny.

TreborSabreon and Count Yubnub like this.
  23. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    One word: Dex.

That is all.

kataja and CaptainRegor like this.
  24. Varguitas

Nov 20, 2012
    That would be nice, as well as an older version of Ahsoka.

25. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I would love to see a Quinlan Vos cameo.