main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Robert Pattison wants to play Jar Jar for VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Poor Robert,,,the rotten stank of twilight is all over him....he may be a good actor but those movies are sooooo bad that he may never recover.

2. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    No jar jar or stuipid characters to provideo silly comic relief. Thanks.

3. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Honestly, I don't hate the cast from Twilight movies but I do not like nor enjoy any Twilight movies. I won't mind Pattison to be in the ST. I remember him more in the Harry Potter movie.

I think at this point, its cool to know big name actors want in and it will be cool if they do get their wishes. But for the love for the light side of the Force, don't let Shia Labroop near SW!!!

4. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't hate him. I hate his character; especially the way it ruins any chances for men to ever live u to women's expectations after his crap he pulled.

5. Attariel

Attariel Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    I would only be ok with this so long as he died. He was good in Harry Potter, mainly cause he died and it was convincing.

6. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Mayhaps Twilight will have the same effect on Pattinson's career as Star Wars did on Hamills.

7. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    ouch!

8. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    yep I say it might...but Twilight will be forgotten in 5yrs where Hamill will live on in pop culture even after he's long dead. Pattersons 10 years off a Cory Haim
    Also Star wars success was what sterotyped Hamill where Twilight is absolute crap. And the rotten stank of a vampire fad may have ruined a career as a adult actor.

gregvader123 and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  9. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    If I was Pattinson I would sell my soul to be in the ST

"Help me Mr. Lucas, you're my only hope!"

10. SarumanTheChef2

SarumanTheChef2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2001
    But, Jar Jar Binks is both Darth Plagueis and Anakin's father! It could work.

"Mesa playsa yousa for a foolie! The darkie side has mosafosa power. Yousa mistaskies aboutsa great many thingies!"

His lightsaber sparkles, so RPatz is IN.

11. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So... it'll make him a beloved voice actor?

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  13. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Are these from the sames sites that say he might be playing HAND Solo???

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But I thought they were still together. *rim shot*

15. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    What "stink"?

They are incredibly successful and he has gotten a lot of success because of them.

Just not my kind of vampires. Or werewolves.

16. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Not likely his voice sucks

17. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm sorry, but Jar Jar is already sparkly-glowey enough from the time Vader shot him out the airlock. If Pattinson plays Jar Jar in Episode 7, there would have to be a warning with the movie due to his presence blinding people in the audience because he already sparkles enough.

Pattinson + Jar Jar's Force Ghost = Bring sunglasses to the theater to view him.

18. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Most people who are not teenage girls would rather stab their eyes out with a sharp pencil than have to sit through that steaming pile of lama ****. Its right up there with Justin bieber and Nsync. Just because its marketed well does not make it a good movie.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  19. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    I think the thing is that that kind of role typecasts an actor and it is hard to take him or her seriously in a different role. I saw Water for Elephants some months ago (a non-twilight Pattinson movie) and the whole time I was watching it I was waiting for him to sparkle. I mean, I did have to get high to be able to force myself to sit through the film so maybe that had something to do with it, but still, I was thinking it.

It's distracting to watch an actor who has been so identified with one role. I mean, I'm doing it, and I don't even like Twilight, I've only seen them all because my roommate is a 20 year old girl. SPOILER BAD WRITING: The big battle at the climax of Breaking Dawn 2 (which is actually pretty damn cool) ends up just being a vision of the future that never ends up actually happening. I mean they actually did something really cool finally. My 20-year old roomate and her twin sister were on the verge of tears during the whole battle as Cullens were being beheaded and wolfs were being killed. It was surprisingly graphic. But then it turns out to be a vision that prevents the battle from actually happening. What a jip.

Sorry for the digression.

20. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Really??? Stab themselves in the eyes you say??? Most people???

I've seen a wide variety of people go see those movies and they been a massive success.

I made no comment about its marketing - and the books were pretty much all the marketing the movies needed (again - a wide variety of readers).

However, your original comment was about a "stink" from the movies being "all over" Pattinson, and my question was was what "stink"? - they have pretty much opened the door to any project he wants to do. I'm sure he doesn't consider that a "stink".

It would take a rather strange frame of mind to be bothered about an actor appearing in Star Wars just because he was a sparkling vampire.

If he is in it, he is in it.

21. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Well, that really is down to viewer, and not the actors fault. And you shouldn't do drugs ;)

That sounds kind of stupid - like the whole thing was a dream stories or those lame ST:TNG episodes that were "really the holodeck all along".

By the way, Greg, the whole " I've only seen them all because my roommate is a 20 year old girl" excuse is a tad flimsy. Unless she forced you at gun point or something.

And Breaking Dawn Part 2 is only in the cinemas, which meant you went to a cinema to see it and this is how the you know the writing is bad.:)

22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Maybe it's a trap.
    He'll walk onto the set and they blast him.
    "Stop that fairy! Blast 'im!" *ptchoo ptchoo ptchoo*

23. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

No, dude, he is a vampire.

Your thinking of Orlando Bloom. He was the fairy in LOTR.

24. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Haha! She exists, I swear! LOL.

When you live in a home with one tv and a female you tend to watch what female wants to watch to keep things peaceful ;)

We downloaded a camcorder version from piratebay and watched at home because there is no way I was gonna make the effort of getting up to actually go to the movies let alone spend money on it.

25. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    No, I meant the fact that your using her as an excuse is lame. She isn't making you watch it.

You could just do something else.

But really you are a fan.

And copyright piracy is stealing. And worse, stealing something you claim you don't even want to see.

Count Yubnub likes this.