main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit I don't like the Sith Emperor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Slowpokeking, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009

Its an opinion I also hate peanut butter, no not just dislike, I find it revolting.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And now you've compared His Imperial Majesty to peanut butter. It's almost like you enjoy being hurtful. :(

DarthBoba likes this.
  3. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    I prefer Emperess Hoshi Sato

[​IMG]

And Emperor Paul Atradies has better art style

[​IMG]

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Vitiate is different... That's all. He just doesn't hold a torch to Sidious or Krayt.

5. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    oooh...

[​IMG]

Yay!

6. Scrubbed

Scrubbed Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    Personally, I'd like to see the Sith Emperor heavily altered.

First, I'd change the Emperor's real Gender to Female. We've had plenty of male sith already.

Secondly, I'd revise the birth. Darth Dramath attempts a ritual to claim a Sith's Sorcerers Spirit . But, it appears to fail. Dramath sleeps with a woman and the spirit goes from Dramath to the baby due to not wishing to enter a battle of wills with Dramath. Mother dies in child birth and the spirit dominates the strongly force sensitive child and takes over the planet. After the defeat in the second battle of korriban the Sith Spirit plans a ritual with the other Sith to launch a series of force storms at the Republic from Medriaas. During the middle of the ritual the child breaks the spirit's control and the ritual fails causing massive destruction killing virtually all life on the planet and pouring all of the rituals participants spirit's into a teenager. A century later, a Sith Sorcerer comes to visit the site and finds a decrepit old woman that spent the last hundred years using the dark side to stay alive with thousands of voices in her head and the raw power of all the voices combined. The Sorcerer attempts to abuse her as she has spent the last century fighting for her mind her first defense is attacking his and she dominates his mind and forces him to serve her and return to populated space. On Dromand Kaas she is also mistreated and lashes out and eventually assumes the illusion of the Sith Emperor.

Third, I'd revise her strength in the force Her actual personal strength ought to be slightly below revan/ skywalker ect. Her knowledge of techniques ought to be higher due to dealing with the thousands of Sith in her head and living 1000 years. Due to the thousands of Sith in her head she can draw on incredible amounts of raw power but, it also reduces her ability to shield her mind from them. As a result the actual displayed power will fluctuate based on need.

Fourth, I'd revise her motivation. She wants to live, to be free, and to be in control. The problems are the source of most of her power is also what reduces her freedom and she's old and probably a bit mad.

This leaves us with a ridiculously powerful character but with actual flaws and limitations. Rather than the warped mess that is the current Emperor.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    NO ONE UNDERSTANDS THESE FACIALLY INDECIPHERABLE ANIME REACTION IMAGES.

9. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    And why dose it have to be an Emperor why not an Empress? just saying.

10. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    No, he's a ripoff of Nihilus.

11. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I thought that was supposed to be a portrait of Chessalvakia's hypothetical female Vitiate...

but, yes. Wut?

12. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Your just a bunch of old fogeys

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To translate: Esg is unamused and has raised his eyebrow to the suggestion that Krayt was better than Vitiate.

Yes, I understood Esg.

No, don't tag me every time he does something anime-related.

14. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Eh, I'll stick with Nihilus. He was always more interesting to me. The worst thing you can do to a mystery is explain it. Unless you have a hell of a reveal to pull off, all that suspense is just going to lead to disappointment when everything unravels.

In short: Eldritch abomination Sith Lord > Talkative Sith Lord who happens to have copied former's power set.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  15. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    just on a larger scale of 'destroy and suck life out of everything in existence just to make myself immortal'

16. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I have a friend who thought that Vitiate should have turned out to be some Big Brother/Oz figure who didn't actually exist and was a myth propagated by the Ruling Council.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I would have somewhat liked that idea, but I find it hard to imagine the Council being able to work together without the threat of someone more powerful than them to hold them in check.

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I dunno man. I watch a lot of anime and I have no clue whatsoever who that character is.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't think I've ever seen an anime, I know nothing about them, but I was about 80% sure it had the same meaning as this:
    [​IMG]

Esg and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    As long as we get some flying monkeys out of the deal.

Zorrixor and Sable_Hart like this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's not a nice thing to say about Sith pilots.

22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Honestly I like him because he's voiced by Pinhead from Hellraser

Zorrixor likes this.
  23. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Really? That's awesome!

24. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Jadus' voice is my favorite male voice in TOR.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I quite like the Keeper, as far as voice acting goes. I can imagine Armand speaking to Cross in the same sort of exasperated yet highly cultivated tone.

Esg likes this.