main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Monument to Spam] 70,000 posts and 12 years

Discussion in 'Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Nov 22, 2012.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Milestone posts are so passé these days, but I'd feel bad using this post for some random reply and the JCC's been my home on the boards for quite a long time now, so a little milestone would be nice.

Now I know that everybody loves namedrops and I enjoyed writing them in previous milestone threads (I think I name dropped like 200 people in my 10k thread) but at this point I feel that I'd leave out more people than I remembered to include, and that isn't right. Moreover, I don't think that I can really top Dave's list anyway.

But it is Thanksgiving, and I am thankful that I've gotten to know most of you guys and am very thankful for every opportunity to hang out in person with JCers, because it's pretty much guaranteed to be a good time. So I'll do what I did on my 10 yr anniversary thread and write a little personalized thank you/name drop to everybody who posts in this thread -- except for Jabba-wocky (consider that an anti-name drop).

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Only 1000ish to go until you take the top spot! What are you going to do once everyone's gunning for you? :p

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Congrats on the 12 years! Here's hoping to waste another 12! :D

5. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Iellol. You are a madman. I would not, of course, have it any other way. Thank you for the memories of RPG's and JCC spam, of being n00b mods together and of your waxing rhapsodic over George H.W. Bush, Princess Anne, and bicornes. May I meet you in person some day! You can be the guy holding the "[face_jello]" sign as I get off the plane.

BultarSwan likes this.
  6. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, it was time well wasted. :p

Congrats, Jay! *curtsies*[:D]

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Pffft. Do you think Caesar would have made such a pitiful speech? You disgrace the Republic and the Holy Roman Empire.

!!!

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I agree with Ender on this issue... congrats, though! Glad I met you, Jello. [​IMG]

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Gallant,
    Of course this is what Thanksgiving at home visiting your family amounts to. Of course. You are the (atrociously spammy) yin to my yang. I'm enormously happy and incredibly mortified to be your friend.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I have a feeling you will be the first to 100,000. Better you than Bib. Congrats.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    To hopefully 12 more years and beyond, Jay.

:)

12. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Congratulations, Iello. 70,000 posts and some actually aren't so bad. :p plz dont ban me. :p

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You did it! (By which I mean make the thread, not get to 70 K :p )

s65horsey likes this.
  14. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Congrats, Jay. Top, top JCer. I'm sorry about your Buckingham Palace pen. :p

15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Don't encourage his lack of words. He wants to be a Roman noble; Roman nobles delivered stirring oration.

Give us aural, Jay!

16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    He'll post one in the beezel monologue thread.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    @JoinTheSchwarz - Dave, I'm going to get you back for the "tough luck" bit some day. It'll be when you least expect it. Like an inquisition. Not to give anything away, but it'll involve stars and stripes...

Ramza - Ban them all? That's a valid reason, right? At any rate, it's a pleasure conspiring with you to repress the regular use--err, wait, this is a public thread, isn't it?

Vivec, it's hardly a waste, of course. It's been good getting to know you these past few years. I'm glad you're less crazy. :p

ophelia - Ah ophie, I often think back to our halcyon days modding the JCC together. Those were wild, wild times. Things are so much more settled now. I would absolutely love to meet you some day, you're an absolute riot and I'm sure we'd have a blast.

Mar17swgirl - Maria, it was great getting to meet you last year. I greatly appreciated your gift of that wine bottle. It was certainly different than what I'm used to. You and I appreciate the older, more traditional things, and that's rare these days. I wish you all the best.

Ender_Sai - Well, I'd have amended it to make a more stirring speech, but then you said something about the Holy Roman Empire so you clearly don't know what you're on about. But I'll forgive you, as you appreciate fine English tailoring and so few do. It was great getting to meet you a few years back, although Sydney establishments are clearly lacking when it comes to good brandy . . . fix that, will you?

harpuah - lol, awesome image. I've gotta steal that. It's been good getting to know you over the years, as you always bring a valuable point of view to most discussions.

solojones - Goofeth, I wouldn't know where to begin. So instead, I'll chastise you for being at home with your family instead of being around here for my convenience. What sort of priorities are those anyway? :p Anyway, I look forward to many, many more years of disagreeing with you about everything. :)

VadersLaMent - I imagine that'll be my epitaph "better than Bib." Well, you've gotta start somewhere.

DarthTunick - Thanks! I do hope that someday you manage to get yourself to Disneyland for one of our adventures. Someday. :p

Coruscant - Charlie++ (you deserved it for that one!)

PG - Yeah, I decided to make a thread after all, and do name drops of sorts. People like 'em. Anyway, it was great meeting you this year and I'm sorry that I didn't discover that awesome restaurant until after you left, but I can show it to you next time you're in town.

Everton - Let's hope this tag works, because I think there's a limit of ten per post or something. At any rate -- it was great getting to meet you last year. Shame I ended up missing most of my own JC gathering -- I didn't realize that I'd end up sending 7 hrs at Buckingham Palace. On reflection, I should have seen that coming. :p

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    congrats jello!

(i really just want my name drop)

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    @VadersLaMent - I imagine that'll be my epitaph "better than Bib." Well, you've gotta start somewhere. [face_laugh]

20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I like to imagine you smiled as you made this post. I will always remember you as the man that wore french cuffs to Disneyland.

21. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Aww thanks for the name drop jello!

22. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Congrats Jay.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Jello - You're one of the people I'm closest to on the boards and it is amazing that we have stayed friends after all these years and multiple heated disagreements. People used to tell me I was crazy to talk to you all the time and wondered what the heck we even discussed, but I never really listened to them and kept at it anyways. I'm glad we've spent time together in real life as well.

P.S. You still owe me a poster. =((

:p

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hey. You're the only non kiwi JCCer I've met! Have a Chardonnay on me.

25. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Congratulations!!!