main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation If the Sith feature in the Sequels...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Spam Bot, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Um, yeah. The point, here, was that they were wrong and that the Sith weren't extinct after all, and had never been.

2. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    Because one Sith survived.

3. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Personally, I don't give a crap about the prophecy of the Chosen One. Prophecies are notoriously vague and/or hard to decipher, so it could easily be changed into something that allows for more Sith to play a role in the GFFA. The new sequel should definitely feature the Sith, they seem like the only group that has the necessary gravitas to truly challenge the Jedi. Additionally, any new threat who is identified as a Sith would gain instant credibility within the story and from fans.

4. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    One only needs to watch an episode of The Clone Wars to know you can have a darksider or lightsaber weilding villain who isn't a Sith Lord. Bringing back the Sith after the events of ROTJ is more of a cop out than having a villain who isn't, and just screams a lack of creativity on the writer's behalf.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    ....and you know this how?

Anyway, it's semantics. All you need is a Jedi to fall and you have an adversary to fight.

6. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Exactly. All Sith are fallen Jedi for some reason or another.

7. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    I get the feeling that no single villain will be a legitimate threat to Luke one-on-one, so it would make a ton of sense to have the new threat boast overwhelming numbers.

A sith army is just what the doctor ordered, I would say.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  8. Master Hamahiga

Master Hamahiga Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I've said it before too.......ah no!!

9. Master Hamahiga

Master Hamahiga Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree....it can really be that simple.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hell no! They suck.

11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Yeah cause that's what we need, a thousand Jedi and a thousand Sith all waving around lightsabres.

No thanks.

12. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Personally, I think we need to get over the whole "Chosen one, balance of the force" Anakin Skywalker business for Star Wars films to go forward.

13. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Darth Maul is very much alive in the Clone Wars and we do not yet know his fate. He may pass on what he has learned to future Dark Siders or may even re-emerge himself once Sidious is dead

14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I WANT Sith in the sequels! (I not only want one Sith, but I want an entire army of them!) I think it's a Jedi fallacy to ever think the Sith can be extinct while they still exist.'

They NEVER went extinct the first time around either.

IMO, as long as the Jedi exist, then so will the Sith. It's a VERY large Galaxy.

tsunami1138 likes this.
  15. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I thinks its possible that the sith could return. Luke could possibly turn to the dark side? Would he be wearing Jedi robes though??

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Darth Plagueis pretending to be a reborn Vader to screw with Luke's head.

17. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    The Decieved trailer makes it look like a pretty awesome prospect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVyJP92TiVg:)

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  18. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I loved those old rebublic trailers...the make the arena in AOTCs look like crap..lol

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    Agreed.

20. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Personally, having found them interesting in Clone Wars, I think the Nightsisters - perhaps one, perhaps more - would be a good route to go down in terms of villains in the ST, although not necessarily the only villains. They use the "dark arts", are involved in lots of scheming and intrigue. Perhaps a Nightsister might court the dark side after, for instance, locating Sith holocrons on some long forgotten planet. I can sort of see it in my mind's eye now. After the opening crawl, we see a lone ship descending toward a dark, forbidding planet, a brief obscured shot of the pilot .....

However, as I've said several times in different threads now, though: no cloned/resurrected Maul/Vader/Palpatine stuff in the ST, please. That would just be scraping the barrel in terms of storytelling. I don't care if that happened in the EU, I just don't want to see it. I think it would ruin Star Wars for me if they did that.

Varguitas likes this.
  21. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I would love for Mother Talzin and her Nightsisters to be explored in the sequel films, if The Clone Wars doesn't get to.

22. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Trouble with that is familiarity breeds contempt. Im already in Yawnsville when considering yet another "Sith threat", let alone an army of them. That has all the trappings of your typical "same ****, bigger pile" gratuitous sequel.

23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Continuity, man.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Have the sith in the background. They're not running the show, but their presence is noted. Make the villain either a corrupt senator that doesn't like the way the Alliance is handling things, or make it a vengeance seeking imperial officer who wants to create a new empire of some sort.
    ....or just make all the villains a bunch of Gungans. Reverse roles and whatnot.

25. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Actually I think it would b out of place not to have the Sith or at least a Dark Jedi. That is part of Star Wars.
    Would b interesting to see Luke trying to deal with a student of his falling to the Darkside & declaring himself a Sith.
    But if ur going to have Jedi playing a significant role in the next movie, you need a significant Darkside nemesis. The Sith r perfect for that. But please no Daisyduke wearin clown face Nightsisters.