main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation If the Sith feature in the Sequels...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Spam Bot, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    1. It has been, it doesn't have to stay that way.
    2. We already saw that story. The student fell to the Dark Side in Episode III. Telling the same tale with different characters is likely to be a lot less interesting than some new concepts would be.

2. MandalorianWrath

MandalorianWrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    Sith coming back would deal a blow to the Prophecy itself, but that's about it in my opinion.

As far as Anakin's character arc is concerned : Have the prequels made his 180 at the end of ROJT more poignant? What I mean is that before the PT came out, there was no "prophecy". Anakin did not destroy the Sith, he only killed Palpatine. But that was enough to all of us. It still gave me goosebumps.

When I watch ROTJ, I don't get teary-eyed because Anakin killed the Sith and fulfilled some Prophecy we know nothing about, but because he returns as a good man, abandons all hate, and saves his son, while bringing the Empire down. I don't give a damn about the Prophecy, what it really meant and who was supposed to fulfill it... "A Prophecy that misread could have been" if you know what I mean. All we really know about it is what the Jedi tell us, and Jedi have a history of seeing things "from their own point of view".

The prophecy matters not (to me). I wouldn't mind seeing Sith in the sequels. Anakin's return would still be as powerful and meaningful to me as it was before. I'm far more open to the idea of Sith than to that of Time Travel.

Pro Scoundrel and tsunami1138 like this.
  3. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    No, he's right. The Chosen One stuff was dumb in 97 when Lucas first brought that nonsense up and it's dumb now. Star Wars is no longer The Tragedy of Darth Vader. Get over it.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  4. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Why ever not? The OT didn't stop being the Adventures of Luke Skywalker simply because of the addition of the prequels. Why then would adding a new film to the series prevent the original six film saga from being the Tragedy of Darth Vader? Their stories can run concurrently and don't have to extend across all the films.

It actually reminds me a bit of the Legend of Zelda series, where different parts of the series focus on different main characters -- but all their legends together are what make up the series and give it its character.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  5. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I would love to see a Sith or Dark Jedi in the new movie fighting against Jedi because just about any other threat won't seem big enough. With out dark siders the threat won't seem all that serious, to me.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Dumb canon is still canon. You can always start a thread about decanonizing things.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't think the Sith would be a serious threat if you brought them back.

Cantina Bassist likes this.
  8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    They would be if they had the remnants of the Empire under their rule and having newly created, powerful weapons at their disposal.

9. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    The Virgin birth and chosen one crap sucked....I LOVE star wars but come on its not Jesus wars.
    I hope Disney and episdoe VII erase that **** from living memory

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    The miracle birth and the chosen one stuff is all straight out of Campbell.

11. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't think there is any way sith will be included if Lucas is at all involved. He has been very explicit about the nature of the chosen one prophecy. There are many ways around this, such as a story involving dark Jedi, nightsisters, or some other dark side using power without specifically being "sith."

I wouldn't mind sith showing up in the future, but for sith to reappear within Luke's lifetime does seem to undermine Anakin's role.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  12. Master Hamahiga

Master Hamahiga Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    There needs to a be dark side force users of some kind....if you have Jedi then you need their antithesis, the sith.

13. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    The game of thrones point of view thing worked really well where no side is really good or bad but out for themselves...there are evil characters in each camp. The Jedi were pretty bloody arogant and I loved seeing them fall ( mace you tool ). This could be done in the ST with different power players trying to "rule".
    Old Jedi...New Jedi...dark Jedi luke as the balance...generals...admirals...senators...gangsters

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    As long as I get awesome lightsaber battles I don't care what they call themselves. :)

LANDO_ROCKS and Saurion-Fett like this.
  15. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Lucas was also very explicit that VII VII IX would not be made and that the story of Anakin had been told it was over there is nothing after that so....Lucas has said = Grain of Salt

Pro Scoundrel and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  16. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I am predicting Palpatine made a holocron that some dark Jedi finds and trains under the memory of the Sith Emperor...

17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Don't need sith to have darksiders. Dark Jedi have existed before, in fact they existed even before the Sith organization was created.

I agree we need to have darksiders in Episode 7 because i expect lightsaber duels, but that doesn't necessarily mean we need a sith to do that.

18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    My thinking is, and always will be, dark Jedi. Luke's just spent 30 years rebuilding, and we've got some new hotshot who's too big for his britches. Problem is, he's super powerful, and Luke's super old. Dark Jedi brings followers with him, and they can collectively threaten the Jedi for three movies - no problem. It's not Sith, but there's still a logical and obvious reason for the absolutely necessary saber duels. Revan and Malak, anyone? (Obviously not them, but in that style.)

19. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Star Wars without the force would have the possibility of become too much like Star Trek. If they remove force-using villains, then they might have to start having wars with the Romulans and the Borg and what have you.

20. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    They would be awesome to see in live action.

Varguitas likes this.
  21. metr0man

metr0man Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    Who says the Sith are the only ones who can use the dark side of the force? Just have them be villains who never learn or care what the word "Sith" means.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The villains should be Rakata: Sith in all but name.

23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Give me battles like this and I'm good with any villain they choose.

tsunami1138 likes this.
  24. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Kids these days. They don't care about story or characters, they just want loud, noisy, in-your-face battles and they'll give it a 10/10. But what else would I expect from the generation that grew up on Michael Bay's Transformers flicks?

I kid, I kid. :p

TreborSabreon and agentkrycek like this.
  25. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    There's this great quote from the book The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi is which he says to Luke that while the Emperor is dead the dark side of the force will never go away. The temptation will always be there but in terms of a true Sith even in the EU there were dark acolytes but never ACTUAL sith. Even the One Sith are not technically sith because they violate the Rule of Two. So you will always have people who use the dark side. But Sith? Never