main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL! Don't worry, I'll probably end up giving in anyway! :p

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Thanks for posting those sarge! I had forgotten. I am now caught up through Episode 6.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    I post to entertain :D

greyjedi125 likes this.
  4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm curious as to how streaming is affecting TV production; a large number of people I know tend to catch up at the end of a season instead of following it week-by-week, and I wonder how that affects funding and cancellation.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't think it affects it nearly as much as the DVR continues to, honestly. I mean, general ratings are probably down across the board because of streaming, but that's a bit different.

Penguinator likes this.
  6. chunkeymodest

chunkeymodest Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2010
    I have never heard of Battle Star Galactica(?) before. Is it any good?

7. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I really enjoyed it. I think it fulfilled a hole that I had in my sci-fi/fantasy fandom with a tv series that centered around a fighter squad. Some of the series goes a little bit out there, but the rest makes those parts worth the watch. I didn't watch it when it was originally out but watched later.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I liked the show as well and am enjoying Blood and Chrome too. We need a NuBSG RPG... [face_whistling]

[​IMG]

HanSolo29 likes this.
  9. chunkeymodest

Jun 17, 2010
    well, I tried the rpg forum on here, but I got burned because no one wanted to play with me because I am a newb.

10. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006

You realize you're posting on the RP forum right now. What do you mean?

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm with Sey on this one, I haven't seen you around except in here. And most here can tell you I am a RP-a-holic with seven characters I post as.:confused:

12. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    He's talking about the Games/RPG forum, guys, the one that deals solely with dice-based RPGs proper. At least that's what I suspect. Dajuan and friends still run a couple of dice-based Stars Wars RPGs there, but it's much more a sort of chat-style play -- no descriptive writing, no description as such, mostly just results of dice rolls, which is what distinguishes it from gaming here.

Chunkey, we'll talk all kinds of RPG here, but basically we play freeform, "systemless" RPG for the most part, with a couple of exceptions (notably, my D&D campaigns.) :D

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Someone needs to give Sey a medal for her last Shadow War post.

Bloody brilliant.

14. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
  15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    We're much nicer than Games: Tabletop, and they're not allowed to run games there anymore anyway. :p

16. chunkeymodest

Jun 17, 2010
    yes, i meant in the rp games that are actually going on. im a she by the way, and damn proud of it:p
    I'm also a ditz so ignore my stupidity;)
    hi sinre. never see you in the cantina anymore

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Now I'm just confused. :confused:

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    There are actual games going on here. What are you getting at?

19. chunkeymodest

Jun 17, 2010
    -bangs head against wall- i meant a non social thread. sorry, im a total ditz and i can barely remember how to spell my last name on most days. its 14 letters long.

20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    There are non-social threads here in this forum. For instance if you click on the link Shadow War, you'll see people posting in a role playing format.

21. chunkeymodest

Jun 17, 2010
    thats what i meant. i was part of one of those, then dropped out since the only people who ever tagged/responded to me were my eparents.

22. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok so you had a bad experience, but that doesn't mean you don't try again. A lot of the ti me in a game you're not with everyone who is playing the RP and you're in groups. That makes things easier for the players to interact and the GM.

23. chunkeymodest

Jun 17, 2010
    well, actually well, im not going to go into why i left, because it involves my parents and some issues they had with another player. i want to start again, i just dont know where to go or what i want to play.

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, the big thing is to look around and see which premises you like, then contact the GM in question. Barring those cases where the game is only open to a small number of players, I'm sure they'd be willing to help you get into the game.

25. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Yeah see its no fun when people bring drama into games. Leave all that stuff at the door and just have fun. And while e-parents are cool and all, don't let them drag you into their problems. That's not the way to conduct oneself on the boards here. You'll miss out on a lot if you do allow them to drag you down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.