main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Unpopular TCW Opinions

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Nov 19, 2012.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    If only

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    That's insane.
    I guess my opinion is so unpopular that no one even bothered to pay attention to it.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed. I've been skipping episodes if I see a certain writers name...

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I've been skipping everything these days. :p

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Which writers can I ask?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  6. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I dislike long episode arcs.

Esg and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Katie.

8. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Boba Fett in The Clone Wars > Boba Fett in the OT.

9. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Could be because you're in a room full of TCW fans. Just putting it out there ;)

Apropos of Grievous' origins, I share your opinion. I remember reading Star Wars Magazine ages ago which had a special feature about the good general and his background. I felt that the episode Lair Of Grievous needn't have touched the subject at all. It doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the episode though as I think there is enough room for both interpretations. It is another good example of TCW messing with established continuity, something which always irks me.

10. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    ^Read my mind.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Gotcha. You'd miss Jedi Crash though.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  12. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Katie Lucas wrote that one?

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Also Katie Lucas is the best dialogue writer ever

Lady_Skywalker87 and Dark-Fox like this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeppers. ^_^

15. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    How are so many of you fans of TCW? Is George Lucas seriously the Star Wars god to almost everyone and does the EU seriously mean so little to almost everyone?

16. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    TCW is as good, and often better, than any of the films save the original. It's also a million times better than ESB.

...how's that for unpopular???

17. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I don't agree with this, but I like it. Unpopular my shebs. =D=

I personally rank ANH, ROTS and TESB higher than TCW.

18. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Why should I even invest anything into the EU if they are likely to invalidate it in the future?

Tailsfan44 and Esg like this.
  19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    An unpopular opinion I have is that The Clone Wars has far, far, far, FAR, better acting than in Episode I & II. My friends think I'm crazy when I say it, as they don't even watch the show, but I find The Clone Wars's CGI and dialogue, especially in Season 4 and 5, to be far better than Episode II.

20. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Not the most controversial of opinions, particularly among people who watch TCW. Consider how many now associate Matt Lanter's voice with Anakin rather than Hayden Christensen's.

21. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    No back seat moderating please!

From my point of view, Lucas isn't a Star Wars god. There are many examples in the EU insights thread that you've contributed to in which things from TCW have conflicted with established continuity in an unnecessary way. Other artists - including the creator - changing things others have done seems disrespectful to me. The arguement could be made that it's Lucas' universe so he can do what he wants but that shouldn't excuse bad manners. I too share your worry about buying future EU material when it runs the risk of being obsolete in future. That really is an area that needs tightening up.

Having said that, I do appreciate Dave Filoni's attempts to insert EU elements into the series. My worries about future continuity notwithstanding, TCW is hugely enjoyable and I refuse to ignore quality Star Wars on a weekly basis due to fears about what may happen to the canon.

Respect to Katie Lucas. She has been behind some of the best episodes TCW has to offer and I love the journey she has taken/is taking Ventress on.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Uh.... there is no such thing TCW only mentions that Grievous decided to become cyborg at some point.... nothing else is told so there is no such thing as "TCW-version of Grievous' origins". They could construct a new backstory for him like they did for Asajj, with EU-elements and new stuff told in a way that doesn't give a detailed backstory but some kind of picture of why he is what he is.

I also prefer ROTS/TCW-Grievous over Genndy's depiction, but IMO TCW-writers use him poorly.

Esg likes this.
  23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    After she goes to writing school and learns how to write proper dialogue. Until then, no.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You know I'm in the middle of the road here. I like some of TCW and I like the Clone Wars multimedia project and I'll be livid if they retcon Labyrinth of Evil. But I think "George Lucas is the Star Wars god" is a fair statement, given that there would be no Star Wars at all (including Star Wars EU) without him.

That's not to say he should piss all over the EU simply because he can, but there it is.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I watched AOTC or a little more than half of it for the first time in a long while last night. I'm of the opinion they should go back and redub all of Hayden's lines with Matt Lanter.

Darthgoodguy and AkashKedavra_93 like this.