main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.9 - A Necessary Bond - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe to sneak up on Mandalore, Obi needs an unmarked ship... to not be spotted.

PS: In the latest episode, wasn't Grievous's speeder a Hasbro vehicle concept?!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    "It was a dream. Like the ones I used to have about my mother just before she died. It was about you. You explode in battle..."

Order66Survivor likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    that makes sense

4. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan
    there is only one thing that could have made this episode the best episode of the show..
    [​IMG]

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed. We will see. After all I think an unmarked ship would work.

As Obi-Wan said once to Grievous: You know me too well. :D

DarthTalgus likes this.
  6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I believe it's explained in Shadow Conspiracy that Anakin lets Obi-Wan borrow it.

7. Master_Gallia

Master_Gallia Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Excellent episode!!!

+4 for Ahsoka's subtle and not so subtle growth as a Jedi.

....and no it doesn't bother me that she does a better job of holding off Grevious than Obi Wan.

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Great, great, great episode! One of the best arc endings there is!

+Pirate chase was very well done in terms of scale and scape as well, even if it was a minute or so lengthier than it needed to be
    +Hondo as usual was hilarious
    +Grievous was actually threatening, they've been on a roll with him since Massacre
    +The younglings were great
    +There was something oddly endearing about Hondo helping Katooni build her lightsaber
    +The pirates/younglings versus battle droids was awesome, even if it was a tad bit too brief
    +Ahsoka versus Grievous was brilliant, loved the choreography, especially Ahsoka's constant aiming for Grievous's lower torso and Grievous's wheel-spin manuever
    +Huyang/R2 had great pairing, well done with the choice of David Tennant I must say, well done!
    +Yoda's lightsaber adventure? This just makes me want the show to catch up with Huyang again!

Overall, a 10/10. Kudos to the TCW team for another solid arc. Brilliance it was!

9. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Well that was.. kind of dull. Nothing surprising really happened, it seemed like a generic ending to the arc. Glad Young Jedi is over.

10. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I didn't like this episode that much, I'm disapointed that there wasn't much of a battle between the droids and the pirates. I want to see more arcs that have a big focus on the actual war like the Ryloth arc and the Citadel arc.There could have been a full arc involving a battle with the CIS on Florrum involving Grievous, a flesh CIS commander and a Super Tacical Droid...

11. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well, to add my voice to others, this was a great episode, and a good finish for the best arc thus far this season, and I'm probably going to go ahead and rank it 2nd in my book, right behind the Geonosis arc, as far as best arcs of the series go.

Very glad to see David Tennant in action one more time. His exchanges with R2 reminded me very much of R2 and 3PO though Huyang wasn't nearly as blindly condescending as 3PO tends to be. For just this episode anyway, I think Huyang and R2 made the better team. Huyang is more of a droid of action, I think, than 3PO is.

Interesting to see Katooni spontaneously be drawn to the pirates during the final conflict there. Maybe after the fall she'll hide out with Hondo's gang. That would be funny.

Speaking of which, what do I always say? Hondo was Hondo. That covers it nicely. he never holds grudges, it's never personal. It's always about profit, or more basically, his own self preservation even if that means selling off Jedi one minute then allying with them the next. I'd love to know what makes him tick. Hmm...may Katooni's curious too.

Was mildly disappointed that we didn't find out who Hondo's mystery client was with the creepy fixation on female Jedi who are either dead or alive.

Good to see Ahsoka and Grievous cross sabers one more time. Of course she couldn't beat him. But again, she was able to hold her own till she made her escape. Even so, I nearly laughed when he stood on the cliff and shouted that he would never be defeated and I thought to myself "That's really the wrong thing to say when you're standing at point blank range..." Luckily for continuity, Hondo's aim isn't the best.

Loved the bit at the end, of course, with Hondo tallying up his losses. He gets the line of the episode in that scene in my opinion "A couple of them died... ...I think."

You know what I think made this whole arc such a treasure for me, though, is that it had a little bit of everything in it that was associate with Star Wars. It had The Force, it had lightsabers, it had a couple of space battles, it had rogue characters (pirates in this case) that you can't decide if you love 'em or hate 'em. More so, though, it had "the journey", simplified though it may have been. Six younglings who started four episodes ago, thinking they were off on a field trip, more or less, traveled the journey of discovery, learning more about themselves, each other, and what it means to be a Jedi. I sense they will return to the temple very different people than they were when they left.

I'm sure as the season progresses I will continue to enjoy future episodes, but, at least for me personally, they're going to have a hard time topping this.

12. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    -Okay, so I'm watching this...and wow, I'm surprised at Hondo's studiousness with the Jedi Order. He even used "saber" instead of "lasersword". DId he become genuinely interested in the culture after the first season or what?

-Grievous is actually threatening yet still misses huge, obvious openings to slice Ahsoka in half.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Generic!? This has been one of the most solid arc since Geonosis. Really consistent and great pace. Even Umbara does not have that.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
  15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, to each his own. I think it is genius compared to the **** of S4.

PS: Wasn't the Canyon that Grievous chase Ahsoka the same canyon that Aurra was chased by Ahsoka?!

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    -Hondo. We should make "Hondo" an official GFFA equivalent of "awesome". By the next season I want to see people say "That's sooo Hondo, man!" or "There's this totally Hondo Italian restaurant that just opened around the corner, you gotta try it."

-ASP-7 Droids! I did not see we might see those ever making an appearance again.:cool:

-Nuna for dinner! I loved those little critters's since Jabba flicked that one unlucky Nuna down from his private Boonta Eve balcony.

-Loved the way Grievous threw the holo-transmitter in front of Hondo's feet. Glad to see Dooku got back to him on-screen, as compared to Pre Viszla's off-screen reunion with the Count.

-While the Battle Droid arguing with R2 was a fun scene I would have preferred a more elaborate sneak in by the Jedi.

-The Younglings seemed too overpowered. From the Rodian Padawan being able to fly a cruiser by herself, to the way they fought off the Battle Droids to them being delcared one of the most powerful by Huyang (although that could be viewed as a bit of a pep-talk).

-I didn't like how confident the Younglings' body language was when they were confronted to duel with Grievous. Doesn't help his scare factor.

-A Battle Droid commander identifying himself as "OOM"! And did I see Pilot Battle Droids with blue marking finally appearing on the show?!

- Loved the idea of Grievous having his own ride, in the form of a cool speeder! Something to make him, by default, more menacing.

-Grievous spider walk, glad to see it made a return. It's one of those bizarre things that add so much to his character, as does his overly vulture-like jolt, which has been more defined lately.

-Slave 1, well who would have thought R2-D2 would have been on the ship that would later turn out to steal Han Solo from our heroes? I guess that's why R2 spins around in all directions during his take-off, he was full of joy. :p
    A cool surprise to see it used "for good" like that.

17. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    Really enjoyed this episode. The relationship between Hondo and Katoonie was a little strange, although kind of cute; it came across as if she had a little crush on him. And who knew Hondo was so good with kids? xD

Hondo had some great lines yet again; the ones that stuck out were when Katoonie said she had his back ("Great... I feel so safe!"), and "Some of them died!... I think."

InterestingLurker likes this.
  18. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Really enjoyed this episode. A good way to end what has been a solid arc. For a story that I wasn't interested in, it has sure been an impressive one. Very strong, the characters are likeable and I hope we get to see the Younglings again in future. Hondo was the highlight of this arc. Fabulous. One arc I could probably watch again and again. :)

19. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, Anakin hasn't exactly used it recently has he? :p

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    It's still his :p

21. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    It doesn't surprise me that Anakin would lend Obi-Wa the Twilight. Obi-Wan would need an unmarked ship, and he's his friend, he knows how important Mandalore is to Obi-Wan. Besides, it's not like he knows OBI-wan is going to get it blown up. :p

22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Why does this show try to sometimes portray Hondo as good, especially in this episode? He is evil. It has shown many times that he doesn't care about innocents dying, as long as he gets profit out of the situation. And sometimes, he kills or hurts people simply because he can, even though he is not getting any profit out of it, like beating up Ahsoka, or the implication that he killed the previous Circus dude.

When it comes down to it he is a pirate, so he is not a good man.

So i don't know why Obiwan and the clones didn't arrest him in this episode. His actions he did in this episode do not erase his past or future actions.

Since he is still a pirate he is going to keep raiding people of their goods in the future and innocents will be killed in the process. And isn't a jedi's job is to fight evil? So why allow Hondo to walk free?

Makes no sense. They have locked up bounty hunters, so why not pirates?

It's as if Lucasfilm is disneyfing pirates.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    After that Anakin will never lend anybody a ship of his.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    unless it's someone he can truly trust and won't destroy it :p

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Disney-Star Wars presents: Attack of the Miniature Jedi
    Wow, what a finale! This arc has renewed and restored my faith in Star Wars. (Ok, that's a bit dramatic and may just be my typical gushing about episodes featuring Ahsoka).
    That may be the closest I've come to actually believing Ahsoka was about to get killed. I was wondering why Grievous did not slash at her with his two free lightsabers, but he seems to forget about his free arms at bizarre moments when fighting any Jedi.
    + Best action scenes in the entire arc from the chase scenes to the pirates charging into the droid army to Ahsoka vs. Grievous.
    + Hondo expertly redeems himself. He's certainly not over-used.
    + Grievous was at his most sinister and most deadly.
    + Love the return of Slave I.
    + "miniature Jedi" line from the droid had me literally laughing out loud.
    - plot convenience of Grievous not just killing all the pirates plus Hondo just to keep things simple, efficient, and problem-free.