main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Hiding water, a Siri-Wan adventure with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon art, complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Sep 13, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yup Cliffie coming.:eek:
    Safe?;)
    The title is 'Hiding water' and that can be[face_skull]

More action is coming

Chapter 7

Varanko

Ocean

Escape-pod
    Ash Ish Jobidal was pleased. His escape-pod was headed towards a part of the ocean that seemed devoid of intelligent life. A small city with some activity indicating an operating space-port was at least 50 K in the distance and of no concern for his friends in the Mantis Marauder. They would have their rescue operation finished and their prey – six Wanarian families and one senator and her aides – aboard before any rescue from that small city was initiated. And the Jedi? He hoped that the droids – droideka’s – could get their stun-grenades in before a lightsaber was activated.

Insect-like, that was the Mantis Marauder now swooping towards one of the escape-pods, his escape-pod. The bubble shape at the front had five beings inside – one on a captains-chair clearly visible and staring at the large view-screen that made up most of the bridge – all visible for Ash Ish in his roomy escape-pod. And he saw the two Mantis hunters – detachable scavengers – being made ready for action. They were droid operated and would rescue the escape-pods when they started to land and sink because of disabled repulsor-lifts.

A possibility of drowning would have the Jedi busy.

Mantis Marauder
    Victor Topenix was the human sitting in the captains-chair and with an overall view on the bridge with his friends – the Rojas brothers manning the controls. Two insect-like droids made up the bridge crew.

“That’s Jobidal,” Victor Topenix pointed towards the large view-screen that he could see from his high perch. “Get escape-pod oh oh two aboard.”

“Roger roger,” an insect-like droid replied. “Activating tractors.”

Victor saw the escape-pod being guided towards the cavernous belly of the Marauder and directed his gaze again at the view-screen where more blips indicated the passenger escape-pods.

“Now let’s see where Ilgaar is,” Foss Rojas was directing the scanner towards another escape-pod that was plummeting rather fast through the Varankonin atmosphere.

“Not that oh oh one,” Phil Rojas smirked. He had been following the telemetry from the escape-pods and had surmised that this was the captains-pod. “That’s filled with bridge meat meeting their doom soon. The large one, there, that one has our main prey.”

“I see,” Foss had the scanner moving towards the large pod and began to grin. “Seven humanoids and one rather fat one. That has to be the Wanarian senator. It’s pod oh oh seven.”

“What about the other two escape-pods?” Phil turned towards his brother who was busy and had swooped the pods oh oh nine and oh oh eight.

“They are added bounty but concentrate first on the senator,” Victor saw the results of that sweep on his screen. “Ilgaar is with a group of Wanarians in escape-pod oh oh nine.” He commanded “deploy mantis hunter one to oh oh nine.”

Escape pods
    “We are canned burgers with only the sauce missing,” Tim Dereika muttered. Someone was wriggling towards a blinking nav-comp.

“Shhnnnntttt,” Van Joban – a Ceitan agitated colours on his face reflecting in the lights of the nav-comp – murmured.

“Van Joban sorrhhhttt,” Captain Luuhcce wriggled with his arms to get near the place where the Jedi was busy.

“Sorrhhhttt Luuhcce aaiiiaa Jheedaii,” Van Joban blinked with his eyes.

- - -

“Yes. Good. Maybe. Do and don’t try or…”

“What’s that master Jedi,” Senator Onca Fierta – snuggled quite comfortably despite her large bulky form in one of the contoured seats of the large escape-pod for passengers – inquired.

“I am helping my padawan,” Qui-Gon stated.

- - -

“Do, yes master,” Obi-Wan had an intense look of concentration on his face. He was squeezed between the Ceitans and Varankonin and had his nose just centimetres away from the view-screen. He was using the Force to slow the descent of the escape-pod. “The guys are nice and trying to help me here but it is a bit crowded.”

“Ahhh Jiiiinnnn,” Bul Doran nodded.

“Aaiii Doran,” Kaaiio Waffhiin – one of the Varankonin navigators – muttered when his hand was guided away from one of the controls. “I am trying to keep the repulsors off-line.”

“Sorrhhhttt Kaaiio,” Bul Doran moved away from Kaaiio and bumped against the brown form of Obi-Wan.

“Bad bugs Master.”

“I am not a bug,” Bul Doran grinned “and bug repellent is on the way.”

“Bug repellent?” Obi-Wan felt the intense contact of Ceitans and Varankonin with their hidden cousins.

‘The water will hide us. Don’t you worry.’

Mantis Marauder
    “Mantis hunter deployed,” a droid replied.

Victor saw on his view-screen the scavenger detaching. And in the corner of the view-screen he saw something else. “Look at that. Believe it or not but that doomed pod is slowing down.”

“It’s that Jedi-scum making a difference but too late,” Foss grinned. “Target oh oh seven and disable repulsors first.”

“Roger roger oh oh seven targeted,” the insect-like droid pushed several controls.

“Ready tractor beam,” Victor commanded.

The Mantis Marauder closed in on the ‘oh oh seven’ escape-pod.

Mantis marauder
    “Repulsors are disabled captain,” the insect-like droid stated.

“I can see but why,” Victor Topenix was at a loss for more words when he saw escape-pod oh oh seven descending fast.

“Our prey is going down fast,” Foss Rojas muttered. “And look at that captain’s pod.”

Phil Rojas wondered “self destructing mechanisms at work?”

Victor saw oh oh seven and the captain’s pod hitting the water with a big splash and disappearing beneath the waves created by those splashes. “What a way to go. The ocean is 2000 metres deep here.”

“Look!” Phil shouted. “That’s Ilgaar.”

“Get him and let’s move before the Varankonin come to get the corpses,” Victor commanded. “We can tell our ‘bugs’ that the mission is accomplished. The summit will fail because Senator Onca Fierta is now fish-food.”

Escape pod oh oh seven
    “Keep the repulsors off-line. We have ‘Bug repellent’ coming our way,” Qui-Gon voiced aloud. And looking towards the view-screen he saw what his padawan meant by ‘bad bugs’ because a large and smaller transport – menacing and bug-like – was on an intercept course with their escape-pod and another pod that had Wanarians aboard.

“Bug repellent,” an aide shrieked when he followed the Jedi master’s gaze and saw him beginning to remove his crashwebbing.

“Bug repellent?” Siri started to grin despite the dire situation.

“Picking up speed and repulsors off-line,” Adi Gallia remarked dryly “minutes from splash-down.”

“And the bug repellent,” Qui-Gon unbuckled the last of his crashwebbing, reached for a large blue knob and started to turn it.

“Water,” a second aide cried. “We are going to drown if you flood the pod.”

“That’s the,” Qui-Gon started but felt a heavy blunt object colliding with his skull. He struggled to stay conscious but lost.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Gripping and woo! That's one major cliffhanger. =D=

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Water,” a second aide cried. “We are going to drown if you flood the pod.”

Nice that you play around with the story title.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And now a little chapter with some confusing things
    And with names;)

Chapter 8

Varanko

Ocean
    Escape-pods
    “He was trying to save us,” Adi Gallia had the aide now pinned down. “Siri turn that blue knob.”

Siri did without questioning. She had already unbuckled her crashwebbing when she felt in the other escape-pod – with Obi-Wan aboard – seven beings cooperating to get the escape-pod below as fast as possible. And she began to smile when she felt beings brush her mind. “I will open the hatch.”

“No,” an aide began to shriek. ”I don’t want to drown.”

“We will not drown,” Siri stated. “Here take my aquatabreather and you take my spare.”

Adi was doing the same with giving her aquatabreather to the senator. Qui-Gon’s aquatabreather was taken from his belt and given to the third aide.

That done Siri opened the hatch at the last moment and she heard a ‘come out’ and felt hands taking her gently and inserting a mouthpiece in her mouth.

‘Just let us guide you to safety. We have the unconscious man too.’

Siri let the hands guide her.

- - -

Obi-Wan had taken his aquatabreather when he saw the Varankonin and Tim Dereika doing the same. Why the Ceitans didn’t don aquatabreathers became clear when the hatch was opened by them and a third Ceitan – clad in a wetsuit and having no BA gear at all – appeared in the opening.

‘I will guide you to our home. I only need to breathe once in every ten minutes when submerged.’

‘Mindtalk?’ Obi-Wan thought.

‘Yes and we all have what you call the Force. You will be safe with us and we will take care of your master.’

Obi-Wan took the hand of the Ceitan and saw opening his eyes his master being guided by a Ceitan who was carefully holding a breathing device over his master’s head. He closed his eyes again when he felt the sting of the salty water.

Mantis marauder

“Mission accomplished and I expect the credits to appear on my account,” Victor Topenix stated when he saw the visage of the Neimoidian.

“Done now and thank you for your great help.”

Victor saw the hologram fading and had now only a slightly displeased look on his face. He had no Wanarian slaves to sell. They had become fish-food beneath the waves of Varanko.

Cave
    ‘You can open your eyes soon’

Obi-Wan ‘heard’ the Ceitan and felt his hair breaching the water. He opened his eyes and saw that he was in a pool with stairs and handgrips leading to a ledge. The three Varankonin and Tim Dereika were already out of the water and accepting towels from Ceitans. Everywhere he looked he saw the blue black Ceitans with black wetsuits giving aid to the rescued passengers and crew from the Varaan Magister’s two escape pods.

Tim Dereika, Kaaiio Waffhiin, Dhaan Wiissiiiff and Wahhltther Luuhcce soon offered their aid.

Obi-Wan spotted two Ceitans guiding a hover-stretcher towards the exit with a quick pace. And he heard when he followed the Ceitans and Siri, Adi Gallia and the Wanarians the introductions of Van Jobam, Bul Doran, Gan Jokan, Han Kaaia, Han Kaaian, Gan Jojan, Van Jara, Van Jokam, Van Dohon, Van Varankina and more Vans, Gans, Buls and Hans and became quite confused when he heard many names repeated when he shook hands with all the Vans, Gans, Buls and Hans.

Siri was by the looks she was giving him equally confused.

“With Ceitans the surname comes first.” That was said by a Ceitan woman. “I am Van Varankina the leader of the Van clan. Your master is in our medical cave and you can see him soon. He has only a concussion and will need five days to recuperate.”

tbc

AzureAngel2, obimom and Jade_eyes like this.
  5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  7. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Yay, they are rescued! I've caught up now...and looking forward to more.

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Siri was by the looks she was giving him equally confused.

“With Ceitans the surname comes first.” That was said by a Ceitan woman. “I am Van Varankina the leader of the Van clan. Your master is in our medical cave and you can see him soon. He has only a concussion and will need five days to recuperate.”

I like the way you write & explain cultures and races to us. :)

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More confusion in the next chapter

Chapter 9

Varanko
    Ocean
    Cave

“I am Obi-Wan Kenobi and my master who you have under your care is Qui-Gon Jinn.”

“So you are of the Obi clan and your master is of a different clan,” Van Varankina shook hands.

“No my surname is Kenobi because our surnames come last. But you how do you see the differences between all the Ceitans?”

“Please follow me to cave nine. It is our meeting place where you can get some refreshments,” Van Varankina got in a lecturing mood seeing that the two padawans clearly enjoyed that. “All has to do with skin patterns. The naming system – surname and given name – for the clans is complicated with the skin pattern appearing at birth responsible for becoming a Gan, Van, Jokam, Doran, Kina or one of the other names. But leaders like me receive their names after being appointed the leader of the clan with ‘Varan’ placed before the given name.” Van Varankina showed the patterns and swirls on hands each time they passed a Ceitan and were introduced. Some hands were more webbed than the others.

During the lecture they passed more Vans, Gans, Buls and Hans until the cave widened to reveal a real large cave with askylight and natural light shining down in a very large central pond surrounded by benches and tables. Steam was indicating that the water was warm. Children – too young to attend school – their parents and very old Ceitans were playing in the pond. A counter was near one of the walls and behind that another large – well lit – room could be seen.

“Webbed hands are quite useful,” Obi-Wan grinned when she saw the playing Ceitans.

“For water fights and for recognising the clans,” Siri quipped. “I hope we have enough time here to show what we can do.”

“Wetting you I suppose?”

“That and showing that Wanarian underwear is quite useful.”

“My underwear is…”

“For children and oops,” Siri stopped at once when she saw a very young Ceitan looking their way and another not very much older one headed their way.

The young Ceitan asked “you are Wan Kenobi Obi?”

Obi-Wan gave one nod.

The Ceitan continued immediately “your master Gon Jinn Qui is installed in our medical ward and you can go with me.”

“Kenobi Obi-Wan,” the padawan shook hands with the Ceitan that was clearly a teenager.

“Van Doran. Ah I see you are Obi-Wan Kenobi.”

“Tachi Siri,” Siri shook hands with Van Doran.

The Ceitan got gleaming eyes and iridescent patterns became more visible on his skin. “You can follow too as you wish Siri Tachi, friend of Obi-Wan Kenobi. My father Van Jokam is tending to uh Qui-Gon Jinn.”

Siri looked around to see where her master was and saw her talking to the Varankonin captain and a Ceitan. The senator and her aides were listening. “I will follow you Van Doran.”

- - -

“Van Doran and you are Van Jorai and you are Van Jokam and he is.”

“We have met more Vans,” Obi-Wan heard his master and was relieved to see his master awake although with a confused look on his face. “Van Doran asked us to come.”

“And we met many Hans, Gans and Buls,” Siri saw that look too. “We are safe here. Master Gallia is with the senator and yes one of the Vans is now leading the senator to a comstation.”

“I know and you will be able to leave our cave soon,” Van Jokam stated. “We will lead you to Kiran City beach where you can wait for the transport.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Interesting play with words.

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You are playful with words here. Is that NaNo doing it to you?

:D

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More wordplay is following and after that[face_love]
    It was and here is the next chapter before ;) and it has the fanart

Chapter 10

Varanko

Ocean
    Cave
    Van Doran and his family were ready to guide the visitors to the beach. They had provided the two Jedi under their care with clothing to replace the soggy Wanarian clothing.

Qui-Gon was on his feet wearing a comfortable beige long shirt and a brown cloak. Hair was combed and secured in the leather thong and only a slight bump at the back of his skull and tired looking eyes indicated that he was recovering.

Obi-Wan was dressed the same with his cloak a lighter shade of brown. He kept glued to his master’s side. The first steps taken by Jinn had been very unsteady and the Van family had been very supporting to keep Jinn on his feet.

“We will guide you to Kiran city beach,” Van Jokam said. “Follow my son. I will help you. We don’t have to swim to get to our destination.”

Young Van Doran had smiling eyes. He had told the two young humans about a beautiful waterfall near the Kiran city beach. And he remembered an event not too long ago when his teacher married the love of her life and the words spoken by the Varankonin official. ‘Water was what brought couples together beneath the waves. Water is still there to seal the bond between a couple.’ That waterfall played a large part in wedding ceremonies on Varanko.
    [​IMG]
    Siri and Adi Gallia were nearing the exit of the cave when the Wanarians and the crew of the Varaan Magister came walking to that exit. They had left after a Ceitan had signalled that a transport was due to arrive.

“Van Varankina,” Senator Onca Fierta turned to the Ceitan leader who had accompanied her. “You and your generous help have made this possible. My transport is about to arrive and I am sure I will make a safe journey to Wanaria.” She turned to the Jedi and crew of the Varaan Magister. “I thank you. You sensed what the Ceitans were planning. I apologize for the slight misunderstanding Master Jinn.”

Qui-Gon only nodded. He was even more tired after the walk through the cave and had a pounding headache. And he really appreciated the help the two Van Dorans were giving him.

“Apologies accepted,” Adi replied and wanted to say more when a repulsor lift engine from a large transport bristling with weapons made that impossible.

As soon as the transport was hovering stationary a Wanarian woman – dressed in the functional military fatigues seen everywhere but with decorations indicating her rank – appeared on the opening ramp and commanded “help our senator to board. Give him the reward.”

Captain Luuhcce had just enough time to take the offered package before he saw the senator being guided by a woman to the ramp.

The soldiers – all women – guided the other Wanarians to the ramp and had the passengers disappearing in the transport before Adi Gallia had more to say.

“That was fast,” Siri grinned when she saw the looks on her master’s face.

“And we can go to the beach to wait for our transport,” Obi-Wan was the next to come through the cave opening after helping his master to sit down on a hoverchair that had been taken from a closet.

“Go and do some exercises,” Qui-Gon whispered with a drawn look on his face but giving a wink with one eye.

Obi-Wan bent down to be near his master and gave a wink back when he heard in the bond and very softly “and I don’t mind if that ends in a water-fight.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Gracious words of thanks from the Senator and :D (melty melt) for the waterfall. :)

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Go and do some exercises,” Qui-Gon whispered with a drawn look on his face but giving a wink with one eye.

Obi-Wan bent down to be near his master and gave a wink back when he heard in the bond and very softly “and I don’t mind if that ends in a water-fight.”

After a long day teaching this is the kind of story I love to read. Thank you! *is too tired to do exercises herself*

And now I know where this oil painting goes! [face_idea]

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The waterfall is coming;)
    More exercises lead to[face_thinking]

Chapter 11

Varanko
    Kiran city beach
    Tim Dereika had heard that softly spoken comment with his sharp Dunai elder ears and grinned when he saw the padawan following the other padawan. And it didn’t surprise him at all when a young Ceitan followed at a discrete distance after leaving his father to tend to the injured Jedi master who was now almost asleep in the hoverchair.

But was he asleep? Tim heard Van Jokam beginning to tell about the bonds of the Ceitans, their teachers the Sheir-Irel and the relations between Sheir-Irel, Ceitans and Varankonin.

He listened fascinated by the vast knowledge displayed by the older Ceitan and heard the Jedi replying that he had found a book in the archives of the great Jedi temple just dealing with the same subject. That was what intrigued him. Were the Jedi now discovering that what was for Dunai elder children something they heard since childhood? He was ten when he had heard the tale of Anjii el Unwari about the unification of the Moniron people and the bonds of the soul. ‘Bond of the soul.’ That thought had him walking down the beach towards the waterfall where the Ceitan teenager was playing with little flat pebbles throwing them into the stream that gurgled down towards the sea.

“Shh,” Van Doran whispered when Tim sat down next to him and picked up a flat pebble.

“The Jedi,” Tim voiced almost inaudibly and he felt that the child was shielding with the Force and did the same.

Van Doran nodded and stood up and walked to the surf.

Tim picked up more pebbles and followed Van Doran. And he was soon interested in something else when he saw a member of the Wiimiiff family coming towards him.

- - -

Behind the roaring water of the waterfall was a small cave, hollowed out by the water that churned around until it streamed down to the sea. Rounded rocks were lining the churning kettle and a ledge provided a passage to the other side of the stream.

Siri was sitting on a large rock on the ledge, booted feet put forward and touching the water streaming down. She was still dressed in her revealing Wanarian clothing and hoped that the transport would have her normal Jedi clothing. And yes she had teased Obi-Wan again when he came to guide her to the waterfall. The long beige shirt, the brown cloak and slippers were to be used in a bedroom. His reply had been that they were comfortable and not as revealing as the metal and pink cloth ‘bikini’ with the belt with tassels. Siri looked towards the falling water and asked “did you feel that too?”

“I did but now it’s gone,” Obi-Wan replied. He had the long shirt guided upwards, had doffed the brown cloak and slippers before heading behind the waterfall and had his naked feet in the water. And he had fun moving his feet around and making more waves in the kettle. “Probably some of our Ceitan friends going for a walk and passing our hiding place.”

“Our masters will warn us when the transport is there,” Siri mused. “But this place is beautiful. Van Doran was right to point us to the place and what was behind the waterfall. I could stay here forever with you.”

“We are Jedi,” Obi-Wan moved his feet and the flying water landed on his long shirt and on Siri’s.

“And young humans allowed to have fun,” Siri made big flying water globules using the Force and had those landing on Obi-Wan.”

“I was allowed to have a water-fight,” Obi-Wan began to grin mischievous, wrapped his arms around Siri’s middle, moved his mouth to hers and gave her a kiss.

That kiss had Siri returning one and leaning in Obi-Wan’s embrace with the result that both Jedi toppled backwards into the stream.

The water streaming down the waterfall resulted in two Jedi being dunked and getting thoroughly wet when they emerged from the cave that was hidden by the falling water. A long beige shirt clung to Obi-Wan’s wet form revealing everything.

Siri’s Wanarian bikini fared even worse. A metal clip was bent and the upper part of the bikini was headed to the sea.

“Oops,” Siri giggled. “Your water-fight was revealing.”

“And our transport is arriving,” Obi-Wan looked up when he heard the noise of the repulsorlift engines. “Take my cloak. We can tell our masters that we were engaged in some Force lifting exercises behind a waterfall, resulting in rocks and us falling in the stream.”

“Nice idea Kenobi,” Siri took the cloak and shook it thoroughly. Sand was flying every which way with most landing on Obi-Wan’s wet shirt. “And the waterfall was nice too.”

“Take cover Siri or I will make a sandpit for you.”

“This cloak is enough,” Siri wrapped the cloak around her and felt sand clinging on every part of her body.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL and squee! squee! I liked that! [:D]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And here is the final chapter with more mush between the two
    Thanks all for reading this little story

Chapter 12

Moniron

Rondor
    Tim Dereika had thanked captain Luuhcce and the Wiimiiff family when they guided him to an old transport to be used by him to get home. ‘Our Wanarian guests were very generous with the reward.’ That was said by Wahhltther Luuhcce when he gave the credits to the Wiimiiff family.

Tim had just landed his transport when he felt that his sister was there waiting for him with her husband and son. And yes there was his father too, with his 894 years still walking without any aid. Tim had been doubled over with laughter when his father had his 777th birthday and declared during the holo-contact with his son that he had now three sticks but wouldn’t use one. That birthday had however being a reason to retire from his transport company. And Tim grinned when he saw her sister coming to the transport in her police uniform. He really liked the uniform and would follow the advice of his sister and join the Rondor police department. Pilots were welcome everywhere. And seeing her uniform he thought about the Ceitans and their wetsuits and the two Jedi padawans hurrying to their transport when that landed and doffing wet rags and coming out dressed in their beige and brown uniforms. ‘Those padawans shared a certain bond, a bond of pure love. And young Van Doran and Van Jora are bonded too.’

Coruscant

Jedi temple
    Hangar twenty-two-seven
    Siri was sure that one of the Ceitans – the same Ceitan who had pointed to the beauty of the waterfall – had sensed her being with Obi-Wan hidden behind the veil of the waterfall and expressing her pure love. She had seen his iridescent patterns indicating great joy when he said goodbye when they boarded the transport. Those patterns had been the same when Van Jora – the girlfriend of Van Doran – came to him. She had heard from the matriarch of the Van clan – Van Varankina – that Ceitans formed a soul bond when they met the right one.

“Thanks for the sand and the water-fight.” She was the first to walk down the ramp of the transport that had guided the four Jedi home. Her master was in the cockpit, talking to the pilot.

“Thanks too and look who is there,” Obi-Wan – pushing the hoverchair with his master seated in it – followed Siri.

“Master Maerhin trying to grab me and transport me to the healers’ ward,” Qui-Gon began to mutter.

“I have received your medical record Master Jinn and yes you have to stay with us for the coming two days,” Aaqu Maerhin placed his hand on the second handlebar of the hoverchair. “You need five days to recuperate and three have passed since you tangled with that Wanarian.”

“Tangled,” Qui-Gon huffed. “It was unexpected. I was trying to flood the escape-pod when everything became black.”

“A concussion Master Jinn and a nasty bump,” Aaqu observed. “From the position of your hair and the thong binding some hair together and your slightly unfocussed eyes I can see that you need our services. And no Obi-Wan; no escape parties” and he gave the padawan a famous stare with black eyebrows beetling almost up to his raven-black and grey hair.

“I met a doctor Van Doran, doctor Van Jokam and Van Doran and Van Jorai and Van Jora,” Qui-Gon muttered. “Van Dorans treated me and I met more Vans.”

“All Vans?” Aaqu began to push against the handlebar.

“And Hans, Gans and Buls,” Obi-Wan grinned “and Vans of course. We were in the cave of Van Varankina.”

“I will take you to the Jinn-Kenobi room,” Aaqu took the two handlebars.

“And I will become trapped in medroom number nine,” Qui-Gon gave a look towards his padawan that said ‘help me to escape’ when he was guided by the healer to the elevator.

Obi-Wan didn’t follow immediately because he felt a hand restraining him and turned to see Siri giving him a mischievous smile.

“Meet me in two hours at the waterfall in the garden of a thousand fountains. We can plan an escape.”

“Sure,” Obi-Wan winked with his left eye and hurried after the healer and his master.

Healers’ ward
    Room number nine
    Qui-Gon – installed in a medbed after a lot of arguing with Aaqu Maerhin – was bored after being only one hour in that medbed. That he was wearing one of the hospital gowns with a closing at the back had him remembering the first stay in this room. ‘It was boring, with my crèche-mates and only our singing giving some fun when healer Adin came to give us therapy.’ He recalled his numerous stays in this room as a patient or as a master keeping watch over his padawan. And of course the escapes or tries to escape.

He heard a soft rustling and looked to the left. A grate was opening and a soft ‘psst’ got his attention.

“Master Maerhin should be busy with his other patients,” Obi-Wan poked his head out of the crawlduct. “Get in Master and we will guide you to the exit.”

Qui-Gon swung his legs over the side of the medbed, put his feet down and hurried to the grate where he was helped inside by Obi-Wan and to his surprise Siri. Both were slightly wet.

Crawlducts and more
    Qui-Gon followed Obi-Wan with Siri as the last until they were quite a distance away from the healers’ ward. “Why are you wet?”

“You will see master,” Obi-Wan replied and turned left to another crawlduct. That and some use of rungs had them nearing a crawlduct that had a musty odour.

A roaring sound explained that.

Obi-Wan – ahead of Qui-Gon and Siri – opened the grate in the natural rocks revealing a cave that had a shimmering waterfall as its door.

“Hiding water Master Jinn and behind it is the garden of a thousand fountains,” Siri grinned.

“Take my cloak master to cover your dignity,” Obi-Wan wriggled out of the crawlduct and on the ledge of the cave.

“And you will follow soon,” Qui-Gon donned the cloak and grinned before he disappeared behind the veil of the waterfall “after another water-fight.”

“I will,” Obi-Wan turned to help Siri out of the crawlduct.

- - -

Soon became a bit longer.

And it was a slightly wet Obi-Wan who entered the Jinn-Kenobi apartment with healthy red cheeks and gleaming eyes. He had planned some yearly events with Siri, celebrating birthdays to be precise.

“Don’t tell me Obi-Wan,” Qui-Gon was sitting on the comfortable old sofa. “You had a water-fight and something more.”

“A water-fight yes,” Obi-Wan plopped down next to his master. “All Wanarian children do that and Ceitans too. It was the end of our get-the-Wanarian-senator-to-her-planet mission.”

“I was under the impression that our Wanarian mission ended on Varanko,” Qui-Gon quipped. “Your water-fights with padawan Tachi were just exercises I suppose?”

“They were and the flowing water helped with our meditation.”

“I see and the water was hiding everything.”

Obi-Wan had no replies and felt a hand on his shoulder.

“You are a human man like me, follow your heart like I did but remember that you are a Jedi. I did when I had the choice.”

Obi-Wan knew. He had seen it in Qui-Gon’s eyes. His master had loved Tahl, loved her still and knew that he would be reunited with her when he became one with the Force. He loved Siri, knew that she loved him and knew about the reunion in the Force.

And that was a very comforting thought for both.

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Do you know how much I enjoyed this ... [face_laugh] :) :) Especially "follow your heart" ... that is what a bloke in love must do -- and the lady he loves shall not let him leave, even if he thinks he should. ;) Pardon the tiny rant. I don't like noble sacrifices. Love is the greatest part of what makes us like our Creator, and it is not something we should toss aside lightly.

On a lighter note, :D do love how Obi and Siri helped with the grand escape from the healer's ward and how Qui knew there was mischief going on behind the waterfall. [face_laugh] Best place for it.

VEry happy there is another O/S adventure going on with the Sonim Threat. =D=

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Hiding water Master Jinn and behind it is the garden of a thousand fountains,” Siri grinned.

Ah, I guess I found a word play with the title of this story here! [face_party]

20. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Trying to catch up...enjoyed the word play with names in chapter 9...will read more when can. :)

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Nice story as always, Earlybird.