main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Unless he and Anakin were both using The Force to shield themselves, and Anakin lost control of it after losing his limbs and falling directly onto the extremely hot ground close to the lava flow.

If Obi-Wan never got as close as Anakin did- he has less of a hazard to deal with.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    So, the reason that Anakin Skywalker's lungs were damaged, and the very reason that he needed this all-so famous/memorable samurai mask/helmet

[​IMG]

Was because he was too close to the lava??? I'm am not sure how long that he was laying in the lava for (movie time is different than actual chronological time, they can't show days and hours or months or years in movies/films, so they just skip time and show the important stuff), but it was probably a certain amount (a few or so) hours, correct me if I am wrong..... Maybe it was a day or two or three days, maybe, IDK??? Suppose obi wan dueled anakin skywalker for that same amount of time that he was laying the lava, would both of them have gotten damaged lungs?? Is being on Mustafar, in and of itself, poisonous or damaging to your lungs, or, I always thought that darth vader was laying so close to the lava (basically, in a certain position/area, and he couldn't walk or move or get outta there), and he was too close to it..... I still don't get it; I apologize if I seem stupid or annoying, I just am a bit confused on the details of this plot point/element........

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Just breathing air that hot would wreck your lungs. Given that neither of them burst into flames during the actual duel (which you totally would being literally feet from molten lava), they're presumably using the Force to protect themselves; protection Anakin lost when he got hacked up and then got all pissy at Obi-Wan. His lungs probably blistered.

Matthew_Wolverine and ILNP like this.
  4. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Define "Hot Air", I still kinda get the main jist and the main idea of it, but the details of that confuse and bewilder me; smoke, fire, fumes, lava, what???

Neither the films nor/or the EU (the expanded universe) mentioned or even implied in the slighest the idea of "force protection" that obi wan and darth vader used when dueling on the lavaland of Mustafar.......

Why would they burst into flames??? They were not directly touching the lava!!!

What do you mean by blistered??

So, are you implying that being on the planet Mustafar is poisonous and can kill you and damage your lungs??? The Seperatist CIS council was on Mustafar, so was Padme, wookipedia mentions the Mustafarians, it's is NOT like Venus........

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm not implying anything, nor am I explaining basic words that are commonly understood by English-speaking people. Keep playing your twenty-questions games and you know what'll happen.

That being said, the air absolutely would be superheated. Think hundreds of degrees. Breathing it would severely damage you.

ILNP and eht13 like this.
  6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Ovens are hundreds of degrees, breathing that in for extended amounts of time could/would severely damage anybody's lungs; but the thing is, Mustafar is not like that. Mustafar is not like Venus, it has life on it, plus, Padme and the CIS Seperatist council didn't get lung damage...... Are their certain parts/areas of Mustafar that are 400+ degrees only??

7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I just don't get/understand the meaning/purpose of this thread. What if a thread has a question on it, does it have to be posted here?? What if the question is not a yes-or-no question, but rather a question about/of speculation, does it go here or does it need its own special/seperate thread??

8. Attariel

Attariel Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    If you read above posts the whole of what you are asking has been gone over. There is no solid facts on what exactly happened on Mustafar, or why. Its all speculation, and has been debated and talked over to the point where it is rather educated speculation.

9. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    I would like to start a topic about the ewok movies/ROTJ, should that be in OT or EU?.

10. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    good question

I suppose it would depend on what sort of disscussion it is

if it's strictly to do with the ewoks in ROTJ the the OT forum (this one)

if it's to do with ewoks in books, games etc EU

if it's anything else SWC

11. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    more so a question that goes from the Ewok movies into ROTJ.

12. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    then I think this forum :D

13. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Ever wonder about this when during filming of Palpatine arriving at the Death Star, you ever wonder if Harrison Ford, Anthony Daniels and Mark Hamill put on some of the imperial outfits for easter egg background filler? Theyre the right heigh to put on something like an AT-ST officer uniform or a stormtrooper outfit again or biker scout and just stand there. Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker couldnt do it since they're certain heights

14. STARKILLER365

STARKILLER365 Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2012
    If you look on Wookieepedia you clearly see that the Emperor's Master was Darth Plageius. Palpatine's story about Plageius was fully correct.:oops:

15. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Why do people think Boba Fett is better than Palpatine?

16. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Because Palpy is the worst:p

17. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
    Care to elaborate...?

18. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Palpatine is the most evil.

19. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
  20. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    IT IS PLAGUIES I READ THE BOOK.

21. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Please someone tell me how to start a thread

22. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Use the Force.

Or maybe just look a bit harder.

23. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Hahaha very funny. Oh and............Santa Claus is coming tonight!

24. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I have a question!
    Who is the silver haired officer with Captain Needa? Does he have a name?

[​IMG]

If he's unknown, can we just assume it's Anderson Cooper?

[​IMG]

Thanks!

JediWheelz and MrFantastic74 like this.
  25. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    what is the deal with force ghosts? so obi wan appears to disappear before the saber hits. The robe isn't even cut in half. Then is a force ghost almost instantly. Yoda just disappears. Why no emperor force ghost? so can they just turn into a force ghost? do they actually die first?