main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Was Palpatine responsible for Shmi Skywalker's death?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I still don't get or understand how that argues against or contradicts my original post, yes, Darth Sidious could escape and go down the elevator, but my point was that Anakin Skywalker neither him nor his son Luke Skywalker were needed to defeat the Galactic Empire....... Lando Calirissian was.... This article does have some profanity/curse words in it, and that violates the forum rules, so I won't post the entire thing here, but this link contains some information/info about how Darth Vader was not needed to defeat the Galactic Empire.......

http://redeyerogue.com/mindfrak-the...-that-george-lucas-made-my-generation-believe

2. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    Without Luke, the Alliance would have been wiped out by the first Death Star

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Blowing up the Death Star again wouldn't defeat the Empire any more than it did in ANH. Only killing the Emperor would accomplish that. No Vader, no dead Emperor, no victory.

And Yunners: A thousand times yes. No Luke, no rebellion.

4. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the Bantha steak.

DarthBoba likes this.
  5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Not nessecarily.... Somebody else could have destroyed it, you didn't need a Force-Sensitive-User to blow up the first Death Star........

Killing and/or capturing, or at the very least, capturing and keeping that/the leader under your control, isn't enough to defeat another country/nation..... Here is the/a perfect historical analogy..... Adolf Hitler committed suicide and died at the end of WW2, yet, that did not end the war with Germany, other contributing factors did.........

Basically, to quote that/the article that I posted/sent the link to here, this post/link/quote explains it a lot.........

Luke or no Luke, Vader or no Vader, that Death Star gets blown up and the Emperor gets vaporized along with everyone else on that thing.

6. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    No he wouldn't. I already explained why. And vaporizing the Death Star didn't accomplish jack in ANH, try explaining why it would in ROTJ.

Yunners likes this.
  7. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    Somebody else couldn't. Out of the thirty Alliance pilots, Luke was the only one that managed to hit the target, and he did it because he didn't need to rely on a targeting computer. Only Luke could have managed that.

8. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    At that time it was because Lucas said so ;)

9. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I don't understand what you mean by, "No, he wouldn't", I don't get what you're are talking about or refferig to there......

Vaprorizing the First Death Star (DS1) saved the Rebellion Alliance, and in ROTJ, if Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker didn't kill the Emperor, Lando Calirissian still would have blown up/destroyed the DS2 (second death star), and Darth Sidious, who is aka for Emperor Palpatine, would have still died on it; there's is no possibility of surviving that!!!!

10. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Sigh. Dude, there's absolutely zero reason Palpatine could not have gotten off the Death Star. Luke literally had to drag his father's body from the throne room to the shuttle and had time. Palpatine would have had plenty.

Anyway, as usual with you we're going around in circles and playing twenty questions. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.