main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Whatever happen to the Separatists?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JoeyArnold, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    What happened to the systems and planets that were in the confederacy? The Empire simply conquered them all? Did the Empire really conquer all known galaxies, systems, planets, in the Star Wars universe?

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I agree that it's strange how everyone accepts the end of the CIS but not the end of the Empire.

3. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Sidious spends centuries destroying the republic, and undoing all of that takes time.

4. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    because the Empire, regardless of their atrocities, captured our imagination, and is AWESOME!

5. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    i am confused.

6. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The last remaining Separatist holdouts became part of the early Rebellion. It's easy to see why. From their perspective, events completely vindicated the rightness of their cause. From their point of view, they said all along that the Republic was rotten and oppressive, and the second the Separatist army was defeated, the Republic morphed into the Empire. After the war, Palpatine spread propaganda that suggested that Dooku was never really a Sith Lord, but always secretly still a Jedi working against him - anyone who believed that would see a natural affinity between the Separatists and the Jedi. No one long remembers the sins of their heroes - few people today remember that Abraham Lincoln suspended the Constitution, shut down newspapers that criticized him, and threw Congressmen that disagreed with him in jail - so the likes of Dooku and Grievous, through the veil of history, could easily be seen as visionaries and freedom fighters.

Popular fronts - which many revolutionary movements are - tend to bring together groups that aren't terribly compatible in their ideologies in order to fight against a common enemy. It would be totally easy to see how Separatist holdouts would find some common cause with the Rebellion.

7. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Sidious told people after the end of the Revenge of the Sith, that Count Dooku was secretly still a jedi? Does it talk about this in books or anywhere? I believe that Sidious probably did because that would make the jedi look much worse to be fighting a war against themselves like they would in the ancient jedi civil wars. I believe that the formation of the original ancient sith lords came from the fallen jedi from some of those ancient jedi civil wars from thousands and thousands of years before. So, this might pose a problem for Luke Skywalker in the next film, right?

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, technically, the Sith spent centuries plotting the undoing of the Republic through their Grand Plan. Sidious himself lived for less than one century.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012

yes. true... centuries.... which makes Anakin undoing it either amazing or unrealistic or both..

10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    SPLITTERS!

11. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes, most of the Seperatist forces/troops were droid, robotic, armies, however, I don't understand the connection between the leaders (CIS, Seperatist Council) dying and their/the droid and robot armies getting shut down........

12. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Vader slaughtered 99% of the CIS leaders in their base on Mustafar. Thereafter, standing amongst the bodies of the Separatist commanders, Vader sent out the deactivation code to all droids on all fronts across the galaxy. That's the connection. Suddenly without a fighting force, the remaining Separatist generals and armies were forced into total surrender to the new Empire.

13. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    99% of the CIS leaders??? What kind of math is that; there was a group of a dozen or so guys that he killed, are you implying/saying that there was a 1/10th of a human commander somwhere else, what??? Also, where are you getting the information from that most (99%) of the CIS Seperatist armed forces were not humans/aliens/organic living things or beings, but were droids and robotic?? Even if that is true for whatever reason, I thought that Darth Sidious was the dude who shut down their droid and robot armies, not Darth Vader......

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    They conceal information like that in books.

15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Correcto, important plot points like that are hidden within the EU (the expanded universe).......

16. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    Gizor Dellso survived and later activated a contingent of droid troopers left on Mustafar. Needless to say, Vader came back and told him in no uncertain terms that he needn't have bothered. That's why I used 99% - it wasn't all, but it was the vast majority of the Sep leaders who died on Mustafar when Vader went there to end the Clone Wars.

It's common knowledge that the CIS military was largely droid-based. They might have been headed by organics, and yes, there were some organic legions involved (as an example, the Quarrens of Calamari), but they preferred to use expendable soldiers. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Confederacy_of_Independent_Systems_military

Vader was the one who shut them down, on Sidious's orders. The deactivation code could only be sent from within the CIS compound on Mustafar, and given that Sidious was busy unveiling his plans for a Galactic Empire to a surprisingly enthusiastic Senate, and given that Sidious had already had need for Vader to be on Mustafar, to confirm his allegiance to the Sith Order, it made sense for Vader to do it.

Oh, and if you're going to react with disbelief and scoff at a perfectly rational and reasonable post, I'd prefer it if you didn't respond.

17. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I always thought that Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine himself shut down the droid armies, not Darth Vader himself........

Do you have a picture of this, the deactivation device/code on Mustafar???

18. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    Oh dear. I fear I may have fed the troll.

19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    OK, I found the picture, I may be right, I may be wrong, but I guess this is the switch that Darth Vader pressed to shut down all of the droid/robotic armies and to end the Clone Wars once and for all, I'm am NOT being a troll, get over what happened in the past, bro.......

20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd say this thread has long been answered. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.