main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC A peculiar conversation I've overheard at the grocery store today

Discussion in 'Community' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    So today I was shopping at BOBBY's Foodstore, Vienna's only source for English & American delicacies, candies and drinks, a place I've been frequenting on a regular basis for a good nine years now, and consider to be my favorite store in the city.

However, I had to witness something rather odd there today:
    Bobby's is a small, two-roomed grocery store. There were three cashiers sitting at the counter and one of them kept talking about her infected vagina to the other two. In graphic detail, no less. You could hear her going on and on about it across the whole store. I wasn't even the only customer in at the time.

What the hell? I come to buy food and while doing so I'm being forced to listen to where she got her diseases from (most likely a toilet seat, according to her), how much blood she lost (jokingly comparing it to giving birth) and a couple of other nasty details NO ONE wants to hear while shopping for FOOD.
    At the time I was simply too puzzled to react. I don't know what was more unbelievable, the fact she thought this was an appropriate topic of conversation while customers are around or that she didn't keep her voice down. It seems like discretion is becoming an increasingly rarer character trait.
    [face_sick]
    Seriously, how is one supposed to react in this type of situation?
    P.S.: I can't wait to finally leave this city.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  2. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Reminds me of the time my family was in a Ponderosa restaurant several years ago, and there was this annoying redneck family that kept repeating a Larry the Cable Guy joke about diarrhea.

Not the time or place to be mentioning such things, people.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  3. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Bwahhahaa

mrsvos and Billy_Dee_Binks like this.
  4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002

Also, I am fully aware of the irony of asking about discretion while posting this story on the internet.:p
    Actually, screw that, she had it coming.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    A toilet seat! Yeah, that's the ticket! [face_laugh]

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ewww. Rule number one of working ANYWHERE with customers: Customers can ALWAYS hear you.

Lowbacca_1977 and Juliet316 like this.
  7. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I also forgot to mention: Amongst this redneck clan, was an older gentleman who kept referring to Virgina Slim cigarettes as "Vagina Slims" [face_sick].

Please, keep such nicknames to yourself.

8. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I would have complained to the manager. And I've been a wage slave -- there's no way that would fly. I'd have been fired on the spot most likely. Not that I talk about that kind of thing in public!

[face_sick]

Sadly, I can't say the same about customers telling you their stories. Double [face_sick] [face_sick]

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the employee was a personal friend/ relative of the owner. It's basically the size of a mom and pop store, and he's not there all the time, so I guess none of them are strangers with each other. Either way, it's gonna get messy should I bring it up next time. But possibly a lot of fun, too. I only wish there was another store around that sold all the goodness they have to offer...

10. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Was she especially mad that the toilet never called her back?

11. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    you should never have set foot in booby's foodsores.

CT-867-5309 and Healer_Leona like this.
  12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I sent a complaint to Bobby's on your behalf... started the message with an explanation, and pasted your OP in. I'll let you know if I get a response. :p

13. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    harpuah is leading the charge against bolby's foodsores.

14. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    You and your store inquiries. Didn't you ask someone about sampling grapes too?:p Helpy-helper.

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I believe in being proactive.

MrZAP likes this.
  16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    [face_laugh] If I see her again, I'll ask if her condition has improved and everything is running smoothly again.*

harpuah, don't worry. I also posted this on FB, tagging the store. I wonder if anyone outside of my friends is able to see the location tag.

* Okay, maybe "running smoothly" might not be the most appropriate choice of words when asking people about their genitals ...or maybe it is?[face_thinking]
    Do we have any certified urologists/ gynaecologists to settle this?

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    What Special 'Murican things do they sell there that you can't get elsewhere?

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Billy_Dee_Binks

Hello,

Thank you for this mail. I have to say I am truly shocked too. Is there a chance that you could let me know when this happened so I can find out who was on duty.

So very sorry this happened and I am disgusted too.

Kind regards,

Nikki *******

Ps: My husband can't wait to leave this city too.

 Please consider the environment before printing this email

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Clearly the thing to do is start shouting about your penis the next time you're in the store with said employee.

20. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    No no no no no no no... you didn't really. Seriously? harpuah?:eek:

Saturday afternoon, a Dutch girl (at least she kept mentioning her Dutch insurance).

P.S.: No no no no no.

21. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    There aren't a whole lot of American products, since they probably cost a fortune to import and are therefore most likey not very profitable to sell.
    Though they have lots of Cadbury sweets, Walker's crisps, condiments (sauces mostly), soft drinks etc. from the U.K.
    Me, being an Anglophile, I was in seventh heaven when I first found out there was actually a store in my home city that carried any U.K. products. That must have been in 2004. I had my first taste of canned spray cheese (from the U.S.) then. Been wanting to try that since I saw one of the characters being addicted to it in A Goofy Movie as a kid back in 1996.

Why not go for the more clever approach and sneak it into a conversation, like so?
    I still can't believe that show never made it past the first twelve episodes. It was brilliant.

22. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    EVERYONE!
    I would like to raise my glass to the great harpuah for really getting involved and solving this issue. =D=

The JCC, a true community of dedicated people!

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Did Edener get fired?

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm lost. Who?

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    For your reading pleasure

Note: It's a thread from the temporary boards, and clicking it will log you out. So when you come back here, you'll have to log back in.