main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Unpopular TCW Opinions

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    EU Grievous is the best but TCW is in this season is trying to find a balance between the two.

That will not make the character of Anakin any better. Except more consistent.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

They should really just replace him entirely and green screen Lanter in. Lanter is way better looking as well. =b

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ok. I am not a fan of Lanter but that sounds like a great idea. Especially since AOTC and ROTS are already 90% Green screen.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm of the opinion that Episode's I and II should have all the crap cut out and be meshed together. Then have Ep. II focus on the Clone War.

It'll never happen though. :(

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Fan edits exist.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  6. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    They'd have to make an entire movie though. :p I usually edit my movies with the skip forward button. :D

7. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I wouldn't go that far. o_O

The Star Wars films should not bend to any TV series, no matter how good the series is. Besides, Hayden is underrated.

That's not a TCW opinion, but it's probably about as polarising as most of the rest in this thread. :p

8. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    During I and II, which parts do you normally skip?
    Care to elaborate?

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hadyen is not underrated. He sucked in Life Has a House and Jumper as well. Somebody give me my most polarizing opinion trophy now please.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  10. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I usually don't skip through I, since Jar Jar scenes don't span chapters. I skip through the majority of the Naboo stuff in II.

11. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    He was not brilliant in AOTC and ROTS but he is underrated. He had all the right mannerisms and gave a good physical performance but did not deliver his lines with enough emotion, in my view. This was apparently because Lucas wanted him to have an intonation similar to Darth Vader. His performance wasn't bad enough to warrant being dubbed over by Matt Lanter, much less replaced completely by him.

However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't much more entertained by Anakin as he's portrayed in TCW. That is not all Matt Lanter's doing.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wasn't impressed in Jumper, but sucked in Life as a House? The SAG disagreed with you.

I preferred Anakin's portrayal in TCW but not because Matt Lanter was somehow better than Hayden--rather, because the show portrayed Anakin's better side, whereas the prequels showed his "darker" side because "OMG this guy turns into Vader we've got to make sure we show his darker side even though we only have six hours to show the entire scope of his character plus the other action we've got to portray."

QuangoFett likes this.
  13. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    BBC had a movie on a few years ago about a crooked Washington journalist. Just getting interested in American politics at the time and being morbidly fascinated by the arcane D.C. Beltway media establishment, I decided to watch it.

Lo and behold, to my surprise, there was Hayden Christensen showing that he can give a much better performance than what he gave in SW.

As for Matt Lanter, to be perfectly honest, he is far from the best of the TCW cast. Not just as Anakin does he often disappoint, but his Weequay pirate voice is bizarre and his Mandalorian guard voice is Anakin trying to sound affluent.

That's one of many TCW opinions that some consider to be... unpopular.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    People talk about Anakin...but I wanted to smack Stephen Glass back into the hole from which he was born. You lying little ****, stop threatening suicide because you just got fired for lying like the little ***** that you are, and get the **** out of the building.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, sorry SAG. I thought Life Has A House sucked. Call me insensitive if you want. I honestly didn't remember Hayden Christiansen was as bad as he was when I watched AOTC last night and I have a high tolerance for bad acting. He just comes off as either hollow emotion or way to much angst to me. I say redub him.

[Rant]
    About that voice performance, Matt Lanter does an amazing job as Anakin IMO. Keeping in mind that is basically his natural speaking voice so the dude isn't much of a VA. I think its a natural fit for the appearance of the character and he does a great job flowing between the cheesy jokes and raging Anakin moments. His performance in the Rako Hardeen arc for example is top notch. I've been an animation buff all my life. While he's not quite up there legends with like Jim Cummings, Corey Burton, Paul Robson, Frank Welker etc (notice I somebody missing from this list? My favorite VA in TCW was a relative unknown until this gig). That gave me more feels for Anakin than ever and really won me over to him. [/rant]

Seerow out.

16. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    TCW needs to be more of those sitcom personal commentary shows like The Office where during the episode the characters give their own personal commentary, but we can exclude Ahsoka and Lux if we have to.
    Maul: Filth! You'll pay for your insolence!
    Commentary: I mean, look, I went through the trouble of robbing some space station and coming to this garbage pit twin of Raxus Prime to round up a few pirates to make an army to get revenge on Kenobi. And now these insolence filth heads are against me! Hmph!

laloga and DarthRelaxus like this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hayden was great in the Prequels now that is Unpopular :p

-NaTaLie- likes this.
  18. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Absolutely! He got some bad lines and was asked to talk in monotone. Not his fault. But he nailed confessions and the young Vader part. Can't imagine anyone else in that role.

wobbits likes this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    exactly

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm no follower, just calling it how I feel. Don't hurt me! Seerow out for real.

21. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Now that you mention it, why don't we see reporters/media covering the war? I think having the Channel 3 News Team on hand would be a good way to use personal commentary gags.

22. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

23. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    We are now live in the battle scene on Umbara. We have Captain Rex to tell us the situation.
    Rex: Well, the Umbarans are pretty round tight through the perimeter, no way getting the capital through there. And *ksh* what we nedd *ksh*
    We seem to have lost his signal.

24. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    While I didn't care for it at first, I thought Maul in "Brothers" was done very well. It made sense for Maul to suffer some sort of consequences after being sliced in half. Otherwise, to modify an often used saying, being sliced in half is cheap. Yeah, it comes across as being very Narm-y and cringe-worthy, but I think that was the point; to show how far Darth Maul has fallen from the Sith warrior who killed a great Jedi Master on Naboo. Also, while Obi-Wan didn't kill Maul, he did reduce him to a blubbering wreck for the best part of 10 years, which, in my opinion, is an even worse fate than death, so this retcon may actually add to Obi-Wan's vengeance for his Master.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Christensen's voice getting taken out of Ep. II and Ep. III and being replaced by Lanter dubs? I'm all about it! That would be awesome. I don't think Lanter is perfect, but he's miles ahead of HC. I personally theorize that Lanter's not-so-stellar moments are on purpose because if his acting was too good it couldn't seem like the same character from the PT, so he has to have some moments of poorer acting for the sake of continuity.

Unpopular TCW opinions? I believe I rated Brothers a 10. Also, Shadow Warrior has really grown on me.