main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why did anakin skywalker stay on the dark-side after Padme died?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Do you refuse to comprehend the fact that that event, in and of itself, is catastrophically, apocalyptically evil? How about the sexism? The xenophobia? The lack of free speech and liberties? The destruction of a peaceful religious order? The enslavement of the Wookiees? The razing of Kashyyyk? The obliteration of Despayre? The relentless killing of their own officers? Tarkin says it himself; "Fear will keep the local systems in line". Not democracy. Fear.

Hey, kids, don't make jokes about the Emperor, or you'll have a huge planet busting space station landing on your doorstep. And then atomizing it.

Before the Death Star? Torture, slavery, xenophobia were all a huge part of Sith regimes. They couldn't give a damn about the people they were in charge of, as long as they were in charge. They didn't care who they had to kill to get to the top, as long as they got to the top. Inherently evil acts, all of them.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I have a very important and interesting question for you. Was Darth Sidious's galactic empire the first and only Sith Empire that used/had the Death Stars??? Or did they always have the Death Stars?? The EU expanded universe novels mentioned something about Darth Plageius having the idea for/about the Death Star, and the 1000 year yr old Sith plan for domination of the entire galaxy??? Was the death star an ancient Sith idea and/or plan??

"the opression of the sith will never return", and "once more the sith will rule the galaxy"-tell us a lot, besides, Revenge of the Sith means the Sith Lords wanted to take over the galaxy and exterminate the Jedi Order to get revenge at them, they ruled the galaxy litreally a millenia/1000 years yrs before the events of the prequels trilogy.............

Also, without the existence of Rebellions Alliance, Alderaan would've survived...........

Without the existence of the rebelions alliance, they wouldn't kill officers........

Why was despayre destroyed??

Torture, slavery, and xenophobia, were a huge part of Sith regimes, and does that include the Galactic Empire from the original trilogy (OT), and the Sith Empire that Mace Windu was talking about ?? I mean, Padme amidala refused to join Darth Vader and rule the galaxy together with him by his side, and she had no idea about the Death Stars in the first place, impyling that even without the Death Star, Sith lords empires=very bad and evil!!!!

3. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    By the Force, I think he's got it!!!

Yes. Sidious's empire was the first and only to have created and used a Death Star.

I know the EU mentions Plagueis plotting a Death Star or something similar. I told you about it earlier tonight.

No, the Death Star wasn't an ancient plan, but it wasn't the first doomsday weapon either.

No, the Sith didn't rule the galaxy 1000 years before TPM. 1000 years before was a war between Sith and Jedi, from which Darth Bane was the only Sith survivor. He cultivated his Rule of Two, leading to 1000 years of hidden Sith. If you want the last Sith-led galaxy, you're going back 10,000 years. Ish.

The Rebel Alliance exists to restore democracy and destroy the evil that has fallen over the galaxy. The Rebellion exists because of the evil in the Empire. Not the other way around. If the Empire was fair and just, there would be no need for a rebellion, would there?

Despayre was destroyed as the first test of the power of the Death Star's superlaser. Basically, to see if it worked.

Yes, torture, slavery and xenophobia are hallmarks of every Sith Empire from the OT backwards.

4. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    If the Galactic Empire wasn't a dictatorship/tyrannical imperial government, there would be no reason whatsoever to start a war/and/or wage a rebellion to defeat and overthrow them, yes........

Despayre's destruction was not canon, I mean, it was canon to the EU (expanded universe), but it was a different storyline than the movie, kind of like how all james bond movies/films are canon, but that they are all seperate different universes/storylines and canons....... It was directly contradicted in the original trilogy too, besides, why would they destroy Alderaan if they already tested it out on one other planet, hmm..........

Also, in which/what thread did you post something about Lord darth plageius and the idea for/of creating the death stars???

I disagree with your 1000 yrs before Episode 1 thing, remember the title Revenge of the Sith??? The Jedi genocide was not because they disagreed over philosophical views over/on the Force.......

5. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    The novels are canon. Stop changing your viewpoint depending on your trolling stance.

Despayre's destruction was on (IIRC) 30% of the laser's power. Alderaan was it's first test at 100%.

I can't be bothered going back through my interchanges with you tonight to recall which thread it was.

And again, disagree all you want. It's canon.

6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    OK........

7. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I have a bit of an issue when people say the novels are canon,

ROTS minor errors are the main reason why

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Canon debates just get on my nerves, but stuff like this just has to be answered, and George Georgey Lucas should just visit these/the forums and give us an answers!!!!!

9. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    well either the book is right

or the movie before is right:

was Padme the youngest queen on Naboo?

AOTC: NO

ROTS novel: she was

so...which is it?

10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Ask another user, I'm am clueless............

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  11. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    *Sigh*

One major, major difference that you are overlooking is that the perpetrators of crimes against Native Americans are all, you know, dead whereas Palpatine, the man responsible for the creation of the Empire, is still alive. There's also complicated issues with Native Americans in that by the time Europeans arrived to the shores of the United States, the Native numbers had already been decimated by European diseases such as smallpox. Does that absolve them of guilt for their horrible treatment of Native Americans? Of course not, but it was not a well thought out and executed campaign on the level of Order 66.

Moreover, you seem to be forgetting that, in the United States at least, there are efforts to make reparations to individuals harmed by prior government policies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reparations_for_slavery

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_Graves_Protection_and_Repatriation_Act

Many nations have a sordid history. However, when the government acknowledges wrong-doing and attempts to compensate victims (even though full compensation is not always possible), there is a far greater degree of legitimacy.

By your reasoning, it would be wrong for anyone to fight Hitler (yes, Godwin's law, I'm aware) because "regardless of how unjust, evil, and cruel that was, what's done is done, therefore, any attempt to get revenge at that would just result in more families suffering."

Or, the short version:

12. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012

Umm, no, if Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany were/was never defeated/stopped in/during WW2 (world war two) they/he would have killed tens of millions of more people in genocide; so, the Allieds Powers saved millions of innocent lives, in the long run; despite the fact that Joseph Stalin killed more people through communism...............

Quoting from different threads???? How???

13. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    That is not the same storyline/story as the movies........... All of the proof that you wish and desire for is below, bro, dude!!!!

"I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."​

14. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    When Padmé died, Anakin Skywalker lost the will to live. He died, and Darth Vader was born.

15. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
  16. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    According to the EU, the whole point of being a Sith was practically anti-Jedi. Read some EU dude.

17. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    then stop getting involved.

how interesting.....

QFT

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    movies > books

-NaTaLie- likes this.
  19. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    That's a tough call I enjoy the books just as much as the movies.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I wasn't referring to enjoyment...

SithStarSlayer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.