main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    But then OSU would find a way to loose the bowl game, do things would be the same as always. :p

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I've decided it best to invoke the ghosts of 1966 -- 51-0 in LA!

3. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I'm a Cubs fan, I'm used to disappointment. I'll enjoy this week and not get my hopes up on Saturday. It will be an interesting day, trying to not rile up everybody at work while waiting for the game, lol.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    No, they really wouldn't. Notre Dame's resume is SO much stronger than Ohio State's.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree. Stanford is the crown jewel in Notre Dame's season, and Oklahoma on the road isn't far behind. OSU has been fantastic- but their schedule, while more balanced, lacks star power. I'm an SEC guy, but I'd like to see Urban get a crack at the Irish or Saban in the title game. Maybe next year.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    There are Buckeye fans actually petitioning the President to pardon Ohio State and allow them to participate in the post season.

7. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    But would that matter? ND's resume was as strong or stronger than Oregon's or K State's but at least one had to lose for ND to get into the title game. The Buckeyes started the year ranked 18th or s in the AP poll, would have been ranked similarly in the BCS human polls, and thus probably would still be ranked ahead of ND at this point. Of course, imo, they shouldn't be (who has OS beaten that ND hasn't?).

8. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    ND put this "beat USC" avatar online, was about to change to it (probably will on facebook) but have decided to keep riding Manti on SI.
    [​IMG]

9. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Loving this weeks SI cover
    [​IMG]

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Is it really a miracle? I mean really.

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
  12. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Honestly, I ghadn't even noticed that, was focused on the helmet and reflection of Touchdown Jesus.

To answer your question, though, i don't think it is. ND has the players, and has always been able to get them without needing to sacrifice admission standards. What they haven't had since Holtz is the coaching.

13. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    It'll be interesting to see how everything else unfolds to see who ends up with the privilege of being national co-champions with the Buckeyes. :D

14. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Pretty nervous about this upcoming South Carolina-Clemson game...

15. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Such a sweet win over fsu [face_dancing]

16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Already 14-7 Clemson, and we're punting it right back to them.

People talk about SC's vaunted defense, but once you get past Clowney and Taylor, there's really not much there. Our secondary has been shaky all season, and Boyd is ripping them to shreds so far tonight.

And with Lattimore and now Shaw injured on the offensive side, I don't think we'll be able to hang with them, even if Clemson's defense isn't the best. We won't be able to survive a shootout with Boyd!

So I can't say I'm very optimistic about tonight. :(

17. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    This is one of those times when it feels good to be wrong. :p

:D

[face_chicken]

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, that meaningless loss was maybe worth it for O'Brien's postgame interview.

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    God (hahahzomgIwentthere) I hate Notre Dame so much. Here's hoping the SEC wraps it up again.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Good to get a win against UK today, now time to get to work finding our new coach in Knoxville, either now or after bowls.

Hope Alabama punishes UGA next week, it's pretty lame that they got bombed by 28 against SC and still have a shot just because their schedule was weaker. Congrats to Coach Spurrier for the big win @ CU and also the Irish. Incredible accomplishment.

Rew likes this.
  21. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    As tweeted by the University's founder, Father Sorin (apprently there is internet access in the hereafter:
    Folgen​
    [​IMG]Edward Sorin, C.S.C.@FatherSorin

Well of course nearly every one of our athletes graduate. This is a University - not an SEC institution.

DarthIntegral and Darthkat76 like this.
  22. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    After his coaching job this season, he can call those kids whatever he wants to. :p

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Looks like Tom O'Brien at NC State and Chizik are the first two casualties of Bloody Sunday.

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I just choked on my hot drink. OW.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rumor making its way around the internet that Auburn may go after Jimbo Fisher to pull him out of the craptastic ACC. I think they will need at least that level of clout, if not an NFL guy, to close that widening gap with Alabama in recruiting. The search is in good hands- Bo Jackson is one of the three members of the search committee they announced.

Just my speculation, but I think we'll end up with Kirby Smart in Knoxville, Charlie Strong will head to Arkansas (if Louisville doesn't offer him Saban money to stay), and Kentucky may go for broke with Bobby Petrino. Vanderbilt may lose James Franklin to a bigger job and the Columbia, MO blogs say Gary Pinkel is resigning Monday after refusing to shuffle staff. The SEC is gonna have a new look next year.