main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Music of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Huh. Well the first one actually sounds Star-Warzy. The second makes me think of... TCW.:p

3. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm pleasantly surprised with the music we got in the past two episodes. No where near Williams of course, but it was more noticeable than the ambient noise we usually get.

That choral bit sounds like it's straight out of GarageBand. [face_sick]

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    A War on Two Fronts had particularly dull music for the most part, and when the action got most intense it got even more dull which is frustrating. Then the music at the very end was perfect.

5. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  6. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    You know, until I saw this thread, I never put too much attention into the music. Maybe if they added some Bon Jovi or a wild 90s rock band we can get some eps rolling.

Seerow likes this.
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The music gets better every episode in my opinion.

8. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    derp, its not jon willems, therefore it sux.

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  9. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, that's Jon Willems, not John Williams.

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Music of the entire Young Jedi arc has been awesome and very well done...

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Back in Season 1, it seemed like they were trying to do a different style of music for every planet, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside since. On the upside, there have been far fewer, if any, moments recognizable from other movies, like the Judge Dredd or Dracula music from Season 1.

12. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Or the segments of music from Wrath of Khan in S2's Cat and Mouse.

The music is now much more in the spirit of the films, much like the series in general.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Back in Season One that was quite unique if you ask me. I still find the themes for Rodia the best and they still do use the theme for Florrum on the show.

And I never had anything against the themes from Dracula or Dredd or...
    It never was and never will be in spirit of the films. The way games like Republic Commando had music was more in spirit of the films.

The music is not as good as it once was. There are great pieces here in there but It is less and less memorable.

14. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    RC had music from the films, mixed with some Russian-style military choral pieces.

I find the music of the Hardeen arc, Savage's theme and the Young Jedi theme (among others) to be quite memorable. The Republic Military musical cue remains a fixture of the show.

cwustudent likes this.
  15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, the music RC used that was original was very like the movies. Especially the brothers theme in Mando - very Williams like. More than TCW has been.

Hardeen arc music memorable!? Really? Aside from the music in the box when Obi battled Moralo... everything else pretty generic background noise. Nothing much to note.
    Especially in Crisis on Naboo which has had one of the worst scores of the show IMO.

16. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    It was excellent, but not particularly Williams-like, and definitely far less than TCW's music has been of late. From the Imperial March to the Droid Invasion and Temple March, Williams' SW military music sounds very Western and brassy, calling to mind the USA and UK at the time of the World Wars (a big inspiration for Lucas). Vode An, Gratua Cu'un and the other themes from RC are deep, melancholy, subdued and call to mind the Russian military choirs. It was like the music of the first season of TCW in its uniqueness and distinctiveness.

Overall, TCW has trended towards becoming "Star Wars Episode 2.5", and this is evident in the music as well. There are plenty of recognisable cues. Each arc has a number that recur throughout it, much like the handful of unique cues heard throughout each SW film.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Kinda agreed. ;)

Even if I still think Vode an sounds a lot like the style of Duel of the Fates.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    For what its worth I liked the music in the Young Jedi arc. The pieces used in 'A Test Of Strength' when the pirates invade the ship and later during Ahsoka and Hondo battle were actually pretty epic.

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Those pieces were quite superb and did a good job for the respected scenes.

20. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    The Republic Military theme that shows up so often, with samples from Umbara and Christophsis:

21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I hope the cantina tune from 'Bounty' will show up sooner or later on that guy's channel; it would make a sweet ringtone.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I would kinda like to have the circus track from "Bound for Rescue".

cwustudent likes this.
  23. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Awesome! Thanks Akash. I'm liking the percussions in the circus tune. Lol, might try and make a ringtone out of this. This is what I'm talking about with how the music gets better every episode. Look forward to listening to the background of the Droid arc.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  25. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011