main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Kyp Durron: Endangering Fangirl Marriages Since 1994

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MRukundo, Apr 5, 2001.

1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Is this canon?!

2. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm pretty sure I read it in either the LOTF or FOTJ. I can't remember under what circumstances it was brought up, but I do remember reading about somebody being too old to begin Jedi training.

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    If it is, Luke deserves a legit punch to the face with adamantium knuckles. [/dead_serious] :mad::mad:

4. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Well, it kind of makes sense. There's no reason to just be taking any and every Force sensitive in the galaxy and trying to train them. I think Luke has seen the dangers of training older individuals to be Jedi. For him and his original students, it was a necessity. Now, it's no longer a necessity and they can start fresh.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Actually, no. It makes no sense to me. If they wanna learn, why not take them in? Not like there's a shortage of crises in the galaxy. As for dangers of training older individuals, there's the same danger with younger too. We saw the problem in that in the PT Jedi.

Oh, wait. That's right. It's all about going back to the flawed PT era. Good feakin' lord I'm so glad I got out.

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Why would she need training in the first place? The character I have always portrayed was force sensitive but never trained and never wanted to. She used it when it came to her, if she could but fear instilled in her by her grandmother stopped her ever wanting it. ;)

7. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm sure Kyp would want her to hone her skills a little bit more. I just had an epiphany. Kyp is the Qui-Gon Jinn of the NJO! Sorry, sidetracked there. I suppose that she wouldn't have to be trained. I just know that Kyp wouldn't let her teach their child anything about the Force without proper training. Then again, he himself relied on the Force with no training, so he might be pretty open minded about it.

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    She'd probably learn things just hanging about him......and figure things out.....I doubt he'd be attracted to a dimwit...she'd have to have her own mind and intelligence.

Qui Gon....love it!!

9. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I kind of get a Qui-Gon vibe off of him, especially when they talk about his appearance.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Hmmmnnn, Kyp = Qui Gon.

I admit I don't see it. Qui Gon was kinda against fighting wars :p

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    He was also very passive, not a trait Kyp seems to possess.

12. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    He went against the council most of the time. He was considered a Grey (Gray?) Jedi by many, and I feel like Kyp is the same way.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    He's certainly grey.....especially in the front :p

14. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    He's in his 50's by now, I'm pretty sure. If he's going to have any Jedi babies, it needs to be soon. The galaxy is still short on Jedi!!

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its good, I'm 46 in RL! Works for me! :D I can still have kids! :D :p

16. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I want to see the new Jedi of the NJO actually step up, and we need more Jedi offspring. Kyp needs to have kids, as well as Kyle. Jaina needs to hurry up as well. I know they can have children pretty late in life, but I don't want to have to wait 20 years before we see little Durron's running around, blowing up planets, talking to spirits, etc.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Now be nice!! I'm sure he'd not allow his kids to be bitter and twisted by fate and lack of parental supervision! :p

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it was Crosscurrent- when Luke warns Jaden that while he can train the older person, "they will never become a full Jedi- and there is danger in half-measures".

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Clever! I can't remember facts like that. I'm impressed for sure!

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    ... Like Luke started when he was nineteen or so. *Headdesk* Good lord, the fail hurts here.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke comes across slightly better with the full quote:

" 'He is quite old to begin training, Jaden. He will never be a full Jedi and there is danger in half measures.'
    'I know. But he is willing and I think we do him a disservice if we refuse. Besides, I believe the Force brought me here not only to meet Relin and destroy the Harbinger, but also to meet Marr. I see purpose in it.'
    Luke considered. 'I concur. Permission granted. You may begin his training immediately.'
    'I'm afraid it will be rudimentary, given the facilities available to mere here.'
    Master Skywalker laughed, a sound Jaden had heard only a few times. 'Jaden, Master Kenobi started my training in the cargo bay of the Millennium Falcon. Did you know that?'
    'I did.'
    'The Force calls each of us differently. For you, it was enrollment at the Jedi Academy. For Marr...'
    Jaden grinned as he eyed the worn bulkheads of Junker '...it'll start as it did for you. In the belly of a freighter.'
    Jaden heard the smile in Luke's voice when he spoke next. 'You don't plan to infiltrate an Imperial battle station and save a princess, do you?'"​

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Lol. Nice line!

23. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Well, Luke started so late because that was the only possible way to bring back the Jedi. Now that the Jedi are starting to come back pretty strong, they can start training them from childhood and not have to take the risks of training full grown Force sensitives with anger problems.

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    SO, back to Kyp, how does this affect him?

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Children have anger problems. Everyone has anger problems. This is one of the huge things the PT Jedi screwed up on and have been called out on. If Luke and Tionne and Kam and Kyp can be trained as Jedi, then other adults can too. There are so few Force-sensitives that they should take those willing to learn.