main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation When Do the Spoilers Start Rolling In?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Horn Rollo, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Sorry if this has already been asked. I searched for a thread, but didn't find one (granted my search was half-hearted, at best). I don't really recall when the spoilers started coming in for AOTC and ROTS, but when might we expect to get some real spoilers about Ep. VII?

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Can't start soon enough.
    The baseless speculation going on around here, while occasionally amusing, is more often downright silly.

Speculation based on some actual information would be a very welcome sight indeed...

3. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    The summer next year when we know the director, cast and basic outline.

After that a drip feed of production photos/designs. The first two I saw for the PT was concept art for Coruscant in 95 and the Federation Battle tank in 97.

Then expect floods of spoilers when filming starts both official if they do a web show/diary of filming and leaks from unofficial sources.

Dranem likes this.
  4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    The real spoilers are at least 6 months away. We should have a director named by January I think. Then we'll start hearing about casting and character names before summer. Then I suspect filming will start late 2013 or early 2014. At that point, spoilers will be in full swing by then. Right now we're just in a hold and speculate pattern.

5. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Also, many technologies have vastly improved since PT filming. Phone cameras, tablets with cameras, not to mention if you really want to you can probably smuggle a tiny ultra HD camera inside your button or something... unless they have some very tough security measures in place, I'm sure we'll be getting quite a bit more spoilers than for PT.

6. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    There will probably be some insiders, posing as trolls, releasing snippets of information under the guise of crazy-yoda-esque nonsense...

and these spoilers will be classed as nonsense, and the threads will be locked...

and then in 2 years time when the film is out, people will look back and realise the spoilers had been there the whole time ;P

7. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    that helps, in terms of knowing how patient I have to be...I do remember some really crazy stuff leading up to ROTS, with every tidbit leading to some crackpot theory...

8. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I remember how slow the stuff for Episode I was at first. I remember seeing the Battle Tank pic as well, but I think the first actual leaked production photo was of a Naboo pilot (possibly Ric Olie) and the hangar with the ships. Pretty cool stuff, and the internet has gotten WAAAY faster since then thank god! I remember loading the leaked trailer for Phantom Menace on my old dial up connection overnight and it was still a pixelated mess. My eyes were glued to it each time I watched though. Episodes II and III it was much easier to get spoiled pretty quick. The first time I saw those movies in a theater was the second time I had seen them in a way. I remember coming across the graphic novel of AOTC a week before it was due out and I immediately read over the whole thing and bought it.

9. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Oh yeah, the graphic novel hahah.
    Couldn't resist but read that as well. Ah, good times.

Dranem likes this.
  10. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I was given a video tape In December 98 with about 1 minute of the first trailer by my sister who'd gotten it from a lad in her school.. I have never been more excited in my life. The hairs on my arms stood up for about 20 mins. The trailer blew me away as I watched it over and over again at least a hundred times. I picked up on the extra long handle on Mauls sabre- the bit where he lit the other side wan't on the video which would have blown my brains out that night. Even better memories watching that trailer than watching the Star Wars Empire double bill in 81. I got up to leave after Star Wars finished and my parents told me that there was another film coming on that continued on from Star Wars. I really was spoiled for life after that day!

11. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Probably six months from now. There needs to be something to spoil and thus far we sdon't have any scripts.

12. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I was a little young (and didn't have the internet) for spoilers for Episode I. I saw the trailers and everything as they were released (October Sky!), but didn't really see anything early. For Episode II, though, man I was all up in that. I remember whispering to my dad what was going to happen right before it happened when we were watching it for the first time (I distinctly remember saying, "Boom," right before Padmé's decoy ship exploded in the beginning). I'm pretty sure he was a little annoyed. The same for Episode III, although I got past the stage of trying to show off my spoiler knowledge.

They were good times. I'm excited to follow a new movie again.

13. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Ewok pudu

14. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Don't forget about peering at that crappy little webcam image they fed us through Hyperspace.
    Hah, the expectation of seeing something was quite fun for a kid me back then.
    The fact that I never saw a bloody thing there is another matter entirely, but it was fun. Heh.

Echo-07 likes this.
  15. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    This isn't really spoiler stuff per se, but didn't anyone else go see Monsters Inc just to see the AOTC trailer? I did. I'm not ashamed to say it. BTW -- Monsters Inc. was pretty good.

Durroness and LawJedi like this.
  16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, I remember that. I'd checkl the computer on my break to see if I coudl see anything. I don't believe I ever saw anything significant.

17. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah I remember the speculation about the pool being assembled.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    In a way, I hope never. I'm going to try and remain as spoiler-free as possible. Still, I'm sure they'll begin to rear their ugly heads by next summer.

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    Nope, but I did see Wing Commander for the Episode I trailer. Just awful...

20. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Do we think that spoiler culture like the 99s-00s still exists on the internet of today? Sites like AintItCool and Chud don't really deal in spoilers, and their strongest writers have gone to become "legitimate" reporters for HitFix and BadAssDigest..

I don't know if it's possible to be fully spoiled for a blockbuster in this day and age, aside from reading a novelization or pre-release screening report. The only "spoiler" I can think about getting in the last year are location shooting pics, for TDKR, Man of Steel and Thor 2.

21. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, I remember that. WC was awful. However, I was working as a projectonist in 98/99 so I used to watch siome of the crappy movies start just to see that trailer. Also, I really wanted to "misplace" the trailers that weren't used. But we sent them back to LFL.

I can neither confirm nor deny the mysterious disappearance of the Episode I teaser banner though. :p

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We will quickly deduce the entire plot based on the info we recieve:
    [​IMG]

23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Actually I'm basing my guess on how the industry works. Till they start casting we really won't have any spoilers. The first true spoilers will be the names of those that people are auditioning for. And that is not going to happen till late Spring/Early summer. I follow lots of spoilers for movies and things, and the true spoilers don't start filtering in, till they start this process.

EDIT: If we were sticking with the 99s-00's ways of getting spoilers, we would be waiting till early 2014 for them.

24. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I didn't see this via webcam but I remeber Entertainment Tonight showing clips from this. ET showed lots of stuff almost nightly leading up to the PT releases.

25. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009

Oh, I completely agree with you on the timeframe. I'm just questioning if we're going to get a cornucopia of leaks this time around, and through which channels.

26. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Shaak Ti was the central villain of Episode II if memory serves correctly. And by memory, I mean remembering the maddening irrationalizations cast about on here circa 2000-1. LFL spoonfeeds fans literal crap and then we attempt to discern what flavor was put in our mouth while blindfolded.

LawJedi likes this.