main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation When Do the Spoilers Start Rolling In?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Horn Rollo, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    They weren't able to keep Indy 4 under wraps. But seeing as Star Wars will probably have less location shooting, less will get out.

2. The Crippled God

The Crippled God Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    It is kind of painful this period with no actual news. SO I have decided to share one spoiler with you guys to keep you going: There will be a so-called Force Ghost in the movie, but it is not Qui-Gon Jinn, not Obi-Wan Kenobi, not Yoda and not Anakin Skywalker. Go nuts!

Just making it up but this would be an example of something that could initiate a rightly speculative speculation, no?

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Here is your first spoiler. This is an actual location shot:
    [​IMG]

4. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
  5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    IMO, we'll probably start getting concept art rolling in before too long, probably by March or so.

The principal filming for Phantom Menace, for example, began in June 1997 and ended in September 1997, almost two years before Phantom Menace was released. Revenge of the Sith, for another example, was filmed in June 2003 to September 2003. So, going by how they filmed the prequels, my guess is we'll get some onset pictures for Episode VII towards the end of the Summer.

Expect spoilers to be rolling in at a steady pace until the movie comes out in 2015.

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Over / Under for First Spoiler is March 2013.

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    this is nuts. i mean its been 7 years since ROTS and in another 3 we'll have Episode VII. I still have to pinch myself that it's actually happening.​

Echo-07 and LawJedi like this.
  8. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Supershadow already has all the spoilers, just have a look at his website.

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd say around June 2013.

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'll spoil the whole thing right now. The darkside did it. :)

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. entermemo

entermemo Jedi Knight

Feb 21, 2011
    "I don't know if it's possible to be fully spoiled for a blockbuster in this day and age"

You know I was just thinking about this today. . . We know next to nothing about Man of Steel and that comes out in like 6 months.
    There are barely any leaked images much less plot spoilers.
    I'm not sure I can handle not knowing anything come January 2015!

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    you really believe that lying, scheming, no good, slimy, scum-sucking, snake in the grass?

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I believe he is toying with you. Super Shadow is a bit of the running gag around here from early PSA days.

14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Even uttering the name *SuperShadow* is taboo around these parts.

We call it the non-official-fan-site-that-shall-not-be-named. ;)

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I agree that we'll start to have some idea of things when casting really kicks into full gear in the summer. They'll probably try to keep some character names and such secret, but we all know how leaky these operations are in this day and age.

We'll hopefully have a director by January some time but we'll see.

16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I remember getting free tickets from the Seattle Star Wars Society to see The Waterboy in Seattle for the TPM trailer. That was awesome. And The Waterboy was at least decent lol.

17. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    That's a schooner, not a sail boat. Supidhead. :p

LawJedi likes this.
  18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I don't think we can expect a healthy dose of spoilers to begin until we get a bit of confirmation under our belts. I'd wait until we get a number of things like a Director, Casting and Locations and such from on high before we get folks reporting in on a "Dude, I was there! Here's whats really going on!" type reports. It will come. We can count on a few controlled / approved 'leaks' like concept and production art by spring or summer, but I'd wager speculation will be all over the place until late 2013/ early 2014, before legit 'insider' info begins to firm things up.

19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I have a feeling we'll know the Director by Christmas. It will be LFL's Merry Christmas to the fans!

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, hopefully merry.

21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    As long as they don't announce M. Night Smalamadingdong will be fine by me.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    That will never, ever happen, so you can remain happy.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Random spoilers I remember from the PT from paparazi photos - I think Maul / Qui-Gon duel was some of the earliest leaked stuff. Also Hayden Christensen going outside for a smoke break spoiled his outfit from Ep. 2. Star Wars productions are fairly locked down but then it hits the wall about, say, 6 months out when all of the tie-in merch starts to trickle in and completely blows the roof off everything. At that point you gotta go into Spoiler Lockdown mode. Wasn't round these boards for when the PT was in production, be interesting to see how it's handled.

24. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It will be interesting to see how this all works during the twitter era. Just recently, a Walking Dead actor spoiled their death with an obvious, foreboding death. With this much constant contact with celebrities and crew members, I wonder if these kind of leaks will have an impact.