main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    what does senate membership mean?

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    We can have a Senator in the EUC Senate. For instance, while I'm the founder of this club, I'm the Senator for the Cantina. ;)

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm already the senator of the Thrawn club so I'm out.

4. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Hm, might give it a try.
    Haha, I've actually got the Revan book. Didn't have time to read it at first and then I saw all the disappointment and cries of outrage. :p

EXACTLY!
    We demand RPG, we demand RPG! etc... ;)

Though, I remember some time ago in the Acolytes of Revan thread, we've discussed K3 frequently and one of the conclusions was that we'll get the game after they release Episode 7. Well, concerning the recent developments, I guess that things don't look too bad for us KOTOR hopefuls. ;)

Cem_Fel likes this.
  5. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Kotor3 would have been fantastic...

6. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I think we all agree on that one.

7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I mean, graphics have come along so far since Kotor2 even! It could play AND look fantastic this time!

Maybe it's time to calm down... :p

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  8. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    *drool over potential KOTOR 3 graphics*

9. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Like Mass Effect...but better. :p

10. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Dear Bioware,
    that thing you had with Mass Effect before it all went down hill? Yes, that for KOTOR 3. Also, Dragon Age: Origins - yes that in Sci-Fi instead of fantasy form! And I'll worship you forevah!

Skywalker_T-65 likes this.
  11. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    [face_laugh]

Hey, as long as they don't go the ME3 route I'm happy :p

Though if they did do a KOTOR 3 and have a Mass Effect 3-like ending...they thought it was bad with ME...they haven't seen anything yet...

12. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Oh dear, wasn't really thinking of that. [face_nail_biting]But would nothing be better than ME3-like fate...?

13. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Somehow I think the sheer amount of rage that would result from a ME3-style KOTOR 3 would destroy Bioware. And no, that isn't a joke...most KOTOR fans are angry enough at getting TOR instead of KOTOR 3...can you imagine the reaction to a ME3-style ending?

*shudders*

14. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Well, it would result in lack of confidence in Bioware for sure. I've seen their statement saying the company supports the game developers over their choices concerning ME3, despite most of their fanbase and of course customers, being dissatisfied. Even though many more fans were happy with DA2 that ME3, that also wasn't what most of the gaming community was hoping for. They've replaced the Dragon Age epicness with an MMO-like short game.
    But I guess bad publicity sells games just as well..

And still, not really sure whether someone else should take the job... I mean Obsidian got KOTOR 2 and Neverwinter Nights 2, yet for me at least, neither game lived up to its predecessor. KOTOR 2 had some brilliant story developments and Kreia, but gamewise it wasn't so good. Not to mention unfinished...

15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    True. And you won't find a bigger Bioware fan than me. But I'm just stating what one can expect :p

16. Maxim Kammerer

Maxim Kammerer Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2012
    I liked the original ending, but they should not do it in SW.

17. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I actually felt that KOTOR 2 had the better game play personally. Why would you say unfinished?

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    All the cut content I assume. Which is easy enough to fix if you have the PC version and can get the Restoration Mod.

And I agree that KOTOR 2 had the better gameplay...more (weapon) mods, Blasters weren't useless, and the robes....were actually robes :p (yes, the last one isn't gameplay, but still)

19. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'm not trying to bash anyone, especially since Amon_Amarth has not yet made it back to explain his meaning, but I don't think that cut content has any relation whatsoever with the finished product. While perhaps cut under different circumstances than say, a movie, many directors cut large portions from a movie and you only get to see a fraction of the original. Most would not argue that such a thing was unfinished.

When I played Kotor 2, I was not even aware that anything in particular had been cut from the game, but I was never under the impression that I was missing anything substantial in the course of gameplay. I think that most people, deprived of the knowledge of what has been cut, generally assume that they have played what was intended for them to. That was my personal experience.

Understand, this is certainly not an attack, and not having yet heard your argument, I am simply speculating in my discussion.

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Which was the same for me. I mean, it seemed somewhat odd when things cut off without closure (HK-47 and his hunt for the 50's, or the final part with GO-TO), but I just thought that was for KOTOR III at the time. The cut content is more annoying when you know its missing, than when you don't.

That's just my view though :p

21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I knew there was cut content on Nar Shaddaa, that was where I felt it the most with the Hutt and a task to sooth his hound to sneak by him that you can not complete. Rooms and corridors you can see on the map that are exposed that run parallel to the one you are in before vearing away that you cannot reach, and odd things like that made me feel it early in the game. The ending felt ok for GO-TO, but the 50 still felt dangling to me, yet I hoped for later closure like T-65.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    It felt very rushed, the ending gave me the 'that's it?!?' feeling, many things were left unexplained (the cut out HK factory!), one doesn't get the feeling of closure with GOTO and HK stories as SkyGuy mentioned, the glitches (the killer Nar Shadaa) because Obsidian planned to release the game just in time for the Christmas shopping spree. :rolleyes: That may have also been LucasArts' fault, as they gave the game developers a very short time to churn out a playable game. Luckily, we have the Restoration Project. :)
    And I agree that the system was better - influence, items etc, but imo that doesn't make up an RPG. I'm not saying KOTOR 2 was a poor game, in fact I really enjoyed it, but it lacked its predecessor's polish and good organization.

Maybe I just assumed this was a widespread opinion, as I've spent a lot of time on nerdragey Bioware and Obsidian forums upon the game's release. :p

Yup, that's what I meant, Nar Shadaa felt a bit confusing.

23. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I think it's time to go back through and see it for myself. Should be pretty enjoyable anyhoo. ;)

Sent from the future using psychic implants.

24. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Duh, it's KOTOR! :p
    Ok, so with that line of reasoning, I'd probably enjoy KOTOR 3 no matter what they do to it - as long as it grants the old Old Republic era fix. There would just be less stress and anger around (and thus people will live longer :p ) if they don't pull out another Mass Effect. ;)

25. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Well, ME3 was supposed to be the last one anyway right?

But yeah, Kotor 3 would be nice. When I graduate in spring, I will begin the long path into either game or film industry. If game, I'll see if I can help push for that long-term. Unfortunately, that would still be VERY long-term.