main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    There. My conscience is clear.

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Does not compute. :p

3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    *reminds everyone this is the Jedi Council Forums on TheForce.Net*
    *agrees that Star Wars is not technically Sci-fi*

[/rant]

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Surely no-one would have signed up to this site if they didn't think SW was good. OK not all of it is, but few franchises that last as long are. Doctor Who itself varies significantly in quality, but you can't expect a show that has run for decades to be able to be consistently good all of that time.

Juliet316 and Random Comments like this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Is it just me, or did he seem a little alarmed at first when the guy said he'd been down in Wales? And then he looked relieved when he realized he meant for this film. Maybe I am just reaching here :p

Juliet316 and Random Comments like this.
  8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger? Boy, I'm sure glad he's probably not going to do Episode VII.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    You weren't the only one that noticed that.;) Between that and the "I almost said something I shouldn't have." line when asked about Doctor Who and the 50th; from the other interview he gave recently where he said he wanted a role in the new Star Wars film, it almost makes one wonder if something's more up than we know.

Mar17swgirl and Random Comments like this.
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I hope so :p I would be beyond thrilled if Ten were to show up surprisingly at the end of S7 and that could lead into specials or something.

As I said before, I definitely don't blame him for doing it. But yeah, something like episode vii is exactly what he should do if in fact he wants to get into film, which he may not, who knows.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    How about David Tennant getting slapped by Fish!

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    That's old news. That probably happens like every week.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So with Sherlock airing in Autumn, that the 50th anniversary Specials for Doctor Who will be delayed as well? Or at least the start of production on whatever's planned as well as S8?[face_worried]

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I would think it's actually more likely that they might be already working on some 50th stuff now, and might have some stuff they could do in Jan... but who knows. Quite honestly I don't think we're going to know until the second Moffat wants us to know. But I highly, HIGHLY doubt they would delay the 50th anniversary stuff for anything. Maybe some of it would spill over into 2014, but I cannot imagine that they would throw that over for anything. This stuff has been in the works and talked about for a couple years now. It's much more likely that they'd delay Sherlock to 2014 if it were going to get in the way. If they're not planning on doing that, I can only assume that means the 50th is already on track.

I mean, seriously with this group, they could have freaking filmed everything for the 50th and kept it secret :p

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I expect the delay of Sherlok is due to Benedict's and Martin's commitments in ST and the Hobbit, respectively, so I wouldn't worry about DW. :)

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Okay, but this doesn't necessarily mean they won't push back S8 production to do all this, even if it is, possibly, Matt's last series as the Doctor.

17. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    They're both in The Hobbit. Has Cumberbatch finished?

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No one's quite sure because we know they added stuff in order to, you know... create a third Hobbit film. And it's the middle one. With Smaug. So it seems entirely possible they need both of them ;)

Who knows if it'll delay S8. Even if it does, I imagine it would only be delayed by a couple months anyway since this is just a couple month delay.

My dream is that this means they'll just film DW stuff with Tennant in January :p

Random Comments and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    The principal photography has finished, but the films have been expanded to a trilogy since then. Not sure if there will be many pickups for Benedict, given the size of his roles, but there will be a lot more pickups for Martin, I'd presume.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That would probably be a certainty given Martin's character is, you know, the lead in this.

And hey, if Moff's too busy to do the 50th, maybe RTD can step in.:p

Okay ducking now.[face_pig]

Random Comments likes this.
  21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I just don't know if there's more voice stuff to do or not. But even if there's not, as I said, it's entirely possible Benedict still has some pickups for Star Trek. It's not uncommon to do those a couple months before a movie comes out. There's also stuff like ADR that isn't a big time commitment but still has to get done.

22. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Thanks for the nightmare fuel, Juliet. [face_plain]

:p

Random Comments and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  24. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    What luck!

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Merlin is a great show, excellent filler until Who returns.

I can't see Who being delayed, Sherlock was probably pushed back to let BC & MF finish their other stuiff and so Moffat can focus properly on making the 50th Anniversary of Who as good as it can be. Running two big shows is hard work, doing both at th same time would cause problems.

The guy has got to work, there are worse things I'm sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.