main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Darth Maul appear in the Sequels?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Spam Bot, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Spam Bot

Spam Bot Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 16, 2012
    I know that it sounds crazy on the face of it, but he has recently been pushed once again to the forefront of Star Wars marketing. Walk through the Star Wars section of a Toys R' Us and you'll see his devilish visage is emblazoned on the logo of several products. There's even a Star Wars themed Advent calendar in which Darth Maul is centrally featured. Combine this with his resurrection in TCW, and it seems that something big is going on with the "late" Sith Lord in the SW universe.

As I said, it sounds crazy. But you must admit that it seems that his increased presence in Star Wars media is somewhat abrupt. Nobody had been rooting for his return for years, I'd say over a decade. The character was popular in and around TPM's release, and probably more than a few wanted him in AOTC in some capacity, but that was a long time ago. It makes one wonder why this is happening now.

As a disclaimer, I think that it's a terrible idea. I just am wondering if others have noticed this or see some sense in my paranoia.

Feel free to flame away.

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Not flaming, but it's fair to add that his face as part of the TCW/TPM 3D merchandising push has been a resounding flop for Hasbro.

3. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    No. He's dead in the movies. I don't care about the tv show. I hope he doesn't come back.

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Technically he didn't die in the films, his "death" has been retconed by the powers that be, can't argue with that. However im sure he will die sometime in TCW before it is over. Perhaps by Palpatine.

5. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I sincerely hope not. I do feel that, given the charisma of his character, that he was killed too quickly. But I hope that the writers will be more creative than simply bringing back old bad guys.

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Maybe they can resurrect the "other half" of him, by adding a robotic upper body to his real lower body.

7. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    The sequels must move forward, not backward. We need new villains and new characters (aside from Luke, Leia, Han, Artoo and Threepio).

8. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    With Clone technology it is possible to bring him back but I'd think that would be lazy film making. His role and screen time in The Phantom Menace was perfect- always leave the party when they want some more.

What else could Maul do? He's a hood nothing more. It's not like he was going to expose the torment of his soul in some powerful monologue.

V-2 and Dranem like this.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Killing Maul off was the biggest mistake he made in the Prequels. And after seeing him in the Clone Wars and the way they're depicting him as this psychotic, who isn't even powerful enough to take over a pirate gang, is just another big mistake and a wasted opportunity he's made, again.

I say leave him dead.

10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    If you saw how Maul was resurrected in TCW then you will see how absurd it would be to have him back in the sequels besides he would be 99 years old if EP7 is set 45 ABY !!! .

11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    This x a million to the power of infinity.

darthjj88 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  12. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    Lucas screwed up killing him in phantom menace. Hearing that they brought him back in the EU is another reason for me not to follow any EU.

Sitara and Norminator like this.
  13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I loved Maul and thought he didn't get enough screen time in TPM. That said, I totally agree -- he'd dead. I don't care what the cartoons said. Also, Chewbacca is alive. I don't care what the EU said.

NO RESURRECTIONS! (Unless its Force ghosts)

V-2, eht13, Pro Scoundrel and 2 others like this.
  14. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    You guys do know that it was Lucas's idea to bring Maul back. That he CHANGED his mind about wanting Maul to die in TPM, and because of HIM, Maul returned in TCW.

So why stick your hand in the sand and pretended that Maul is dead and ignore the fact that he isn't anymore? Do i like the fact that Maul is alive? No, but im not going to take the

"LA LA LA WHAT DID YOU SAY GEORGE? HE'S ALIVE? NO THAT IS STUPID WHICH MEANS HE IS STILL DEAD, MY OPINION IS OBVIOUSLY ABOVE FACT"

approach.

Besides...sand is rough....and i hate sand.....and therefore won't stick my head in it.

15. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    No. Obi Wan cut him into pieces quite quickly and easily as a padawan. A resurrected stump would be pointless and boring. A resurrected stump with no previous character development and no relevant reason to develop further would be...
    No.

Echo-07 likes this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Yes Obiwan did cut him into two, but what George says goes, and he is back. But don't worry im sure he will die for good sometime in TCW, so he won't be in the ST.

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    TCW is canon, as is the EU..

black_saber and SithStarSlayer like this.
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's true. GL himself brought him back and should be considered as so. But regardless, I don't think he'll survive the Clone Wars, anyway.

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Maul and Savage are living on borrowed time. They won't see the end of the Clone Wars.

Esg and LawJedi like this.
  20. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    perhaps they put him in r2. hes top half anyway, and thats the big surprise. he could burst from r2 like in alien.[face_laugh]

wow a crippled sith legion lead by dooku with no head.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  21. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Not a chance.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe they will resurrect Dooku, with a Droid's head :p

Count Yubnub and darklordoftech like this.
  23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I do strongly suspect that Maul will appear in the ST considering that:
    1. GL had him survive getting cut in half
    2. Filoni created Savage unaware that Maul was coming back (meaning that even Filoni didn't know about Maul's ressurection at that point).

Sitara likes this.
  24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Keep him dead please. Come up with something new.

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    As much as I love his character I don't want him appearing.

Echo-07 likes this.