main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation If the Sith feature in the Sequels...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Spam Bot, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Cant be star wars with no sith ! As long as there is a light and a dark side there will always be sith and jedi, cant have one without the other.
    Also the choosen one had nothing to do with killing of the Sith as in all of them, has to do with killing Sidious who brought the force out of balance.
    Some people are so off on the lore it's scary.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    About the Sith being extinct, I think (and have always thought) the Jedi either assumed the Force was in balance or ignored the prophecy. As for the corruption, the Trade Federation (a lobbyist group) has a Senator, and there are several references to corruption throughout TPM. Also, Valorum tries to appoint a committee to determine if Naboo is being invaded.

3. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    All righty then. A prophecy about political turmoil.

Frankly, that prophecy, even if it was warranted (which I seriously doubt), should have been worded a bit better. Something like, "hey stupids, when it comes to pass that you have a chancellor who's been in office much longer than is usually allowed & you go so far as to verbalize how the Dark Side surrounds him, all at the same time that you're searching (not really though) for a hidden Sith Lord, maybe do the math. You'll save yourselves a lot of trouble".

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I should also mention that no one ever mentions dark siders being extinct although they do mention Sith being extinct.

agentkrycek likes this.
  5. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    You know back before the prequels even existed, there technically weren't any "Sith" in the movies. To the general movie audience, the Empire was the enemy and Vader and Palpatine were two guys that used the darkside of the Force.

Exactly. The Sith aren't the only darksiders out there. The Clone Wars has already given us 3 other kinds in the form of Rogue Jedi, Nightsisters and Force Wielders. Plus we still have no idea what the "Whills" are.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Oh, I dig this idea. It would even be fairly believable: if he could cheat death, he should have been able to fool Sidious. He could have been hiding somewhere in the "netherworld" biding his time. When Vader killed Palpatine (and caused his own death), the Sith are, technically, no more and thus the Prophecy is fulfilled. No contradiction with the Jedi interpretation of the prophecy.

So things go well for a while until they don't and the Jedi find out they have a new enemy, the immortal one, who they can't simply kill with the lightsaber or throw down the shaft. Plagueis could be like Sauron, having just one weakness that the Jedi must find out.

One of the early ideas for ROTS (I think it was in the early drafts) was to make Plageuis a kind of a dark father for Anakin which Palpatine was supposed to reveal to Anakin. It got taken out and only the line about manipulating midichlorians to create life remained. At the time, it was for the better, because there's only so many soap opera moments a saga can have before becoming too ridiculous. But given the passage of time, it might actually be an interesting setup for an enemy and fit the family saga notion.

It's pure conjecture, of course, but given Lucas's love for bringing back discarded ideas, something related to Plageuis might actually show up in the ST.

7. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    Anakin bought balance to the force by killing the sith because they sought to disrupt the balance of the force not because they were the dark side. You could argue that the Jedi themselves had tried to 'control' the force too much instead of being like Qui-Gon and just trusting in the force which is why they had to go to. The only sith that I think has a possibility of appearing is Plaguies only because he was mention in ROTS. What I would like to see is force-users who don't use the light or dark side of the force. Not sure how that would work though

8. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    The first ever Sith lord should be in the movie the person that created the dark side. Maybe he's been frozen in time or has taken someones body he has all skills and knowledge of every single sith lord that has ever lived.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought it was interesting how the Jedi in the PT were arrogant in a way. Maybe differentiate them in the ST where there are always alert and expect the unexpected.

10. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I've had a few thoughts on this subject.

1) Other darksiders could easily replace the Sith. Some new faction of force users who may have even tapped into the dark side without knowing it as the "dark side."

2) I'm not sure that Sith returning undermines the whole Anakin storyline. I realize he was the chosen one who was meant to bring balance to the Force, but I don't think the prophecy meant that that balance would continue indefinitely.

3) Does re-emergence of Sith in and of itself create a new imbalance or is it when they claim too much power?

Varguitas likes this.
  11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The latter, in a sense.

12. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    The thing that concerns me is that what made the OT so compelling is that the villains had a connection to the protagonist. In ANH and ESB Luke things Vader murdered his father (and obi-wan) and in ROTJ Luke is trying to redeem his father and defeat the evil mastermind that controls his father and the galaxy. It's hard to top that. Dooku wasn't a compelling villain on the level of Palps or Vader or even Maul. Part of the reason why Maul worked was his awesome saber and the fact he was the first Sith seen on screen for 16 years.

13. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    When Lucas had his little meeting he met with Fisher, Hamill, and Ian McDirmaid. Sidious is an iconic villain. Disney could always go the Harry Potter/Voldemort route and have some kind of Sith cult dedicated to resurrecting the Emperor. What if Sidious had a contingency plan in place just in case he did "die"? Not saying its what I want just saying ANYTHING is possible. He wouldn't have to show up in the first two movies but then finally in the 3rd his followers succeed and bring him back, he could strike Luke down and then the new hero bares the burden of finishing him off

14. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Growing up I had always wondered if the Emperor had other force users stored away in carbonite. Or hell, other siths and would be apprentices lined up in some sith store room all ready to go at a moments notice.

I don't mind the "immortal being come back haunt our heroes" route. Aka: Lord of the Rings. But I'm not in favor of Sith showing up.

15. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    The EU already undermined that for me. I wouldn't care if new Sith rose up, but I think Star Wars would still be a success with them. No one really even knew what Sith were when the OT came out, so just give some new baddie a badass weapon and all will be well.

16. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I still don't get how a Jedi with curiosity or a lack of faith or hunger for power can turn to the dark side. I always felt that if I were a Jedi and I felt anger or fear towards them or the republic I would become a bounty hunter and become possibly the wealthiest bounty hunter because people would seek my knowledge of the force to easily take out any enemy my client has whether they are rebels or from the empire. But a Sith I wouldn't become.

17. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    You miss the point... the Dark side of the force consumes you and it blinds you. whatever your perspective is right now, it would be completely different once consumed by the Dark side of the force.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  18. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I wouldn't mind more darksiders showing up (Jedi's gotta cross lightsabers with somebody, after all), but I think I'd prefer someone other than the Sith. Though, who knows, maybe they can do it well enough that I won't mind.