main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    oh yeah, this is definitely going to be a comedy episode.

2. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i read somewhere that said that maul arc wouldn't be until late part of the season. :(

3. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Pal, we've learned that a LONG time ago.

4. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i didn't until i read that article.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    old news

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    And TCW tends to be pretty hit and miss with that. I liked "Mercy Mission" however and I thought that clips was funnier than most of the stuff in "Mercy Mission".

7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have yet to see Mercy Mission... The only episodes of TCW I have yet to see are episodes 1-10 of Season 4 and I haven't liked the other droid episodes in previous seasons either, however that clip did bring a sort of smile to my face so maybe they've learned their lessons from previous seasons. Season 5 does seem to point to an up in their game.

Seerow likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You should totally get to watching "Mercy Mission". Season 5 has been alright so far IMO. It can only get better.

9. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    It's a little late for jokes, isn't it?

10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I will do my best to make time to watch them :p

11. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Nomad Droids, man... you have to see it. It's essential.

12. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Is it opposite day or something?

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    We are no longer friends, Quango.[face_not_talking]

hlc88: If you like Ratts Tyerell, you'll like Mercy Mission.

14. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I will stand behind Nomad Droids. [face_flag]

Sort of. As much as R2-D2 stood behind that minature king, at least...

Seriously, it's worth watching at least once, even if you don't ever want to see it again. It gives you a new appreciation for the better episodes, much more than Shadow Warrior does. That episode just makes you want to rip your hair out.

jaoblias and cwustudent like this.
  15. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012

16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    And I had no idea who that was until I searched for it. Yeah, I'll probably end up disliking it...

Seerow likes this.
  17. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    FEBRUARY FINALE BS NO and I wont be on here jeanuary unless someone makes a shadow conspiraccy arc spoiler thread.

18. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I second this motion. There should be a thread for the book's details specifically, in due time of course.

Seerow likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Don't listen to him. Save yourself man... just kidding. Nomad Droids is alright although its not as good as "Mercy Mission" in my opinion. The thing where R2 squashed the kind and the "You are now a democracy" and the pickering thing is pretty funny. Its when its goes wizard of Oz the episode started to break my lame filter a bit. then the ending with Wolffe and 3P0 is also a gas. The last part is actually a great lead in to Umbara. Contrast Wolffe and Rex.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    For what it is, Mercy Mission is amazing! I love it... I prefer it to the Hardeen arc.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Hardeen Arc is amazing

22. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I am not looking forward to this arc whatsoever. The only "unique" droid in that lineup is R2. The rest of the droids have all been seen as background droids since the earlier seasons. There is nothing unique about them. Had these episodes introduced us to more "unique" droids like Hyuang in the previous arc or Todo, maybe I'd be more interested. Hearing beeping and mechanical noises from droids who can't speak for 4 episodes is going to feel redundant, especially since they are all tin cans on wheels (except for that one speaking droid). I feel like a droid arc should be a two part, MAX three-part arc. A four episode long arc based on droids seems to be stretching it, yet we only get a 3 part arc on Clovis/Mandalore? I hope this isn't the new "evil plans" or "nomad droids" for season 5. If so, this is going to be one long arc. I hope I'm wrong...

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I didn't really recognize any of the droids except for R2. Its hard to imagine how much we'll get out of this with only one speaking droid who likely is going to become the comical narrator and beep translator of the arc. However considering a unique and new Clone Trooper will appear later I'm kinda expecting that this arc will deliver another hidden message about individually and perhaps explore the question of what kinda sentience (people) are droids. That's something I know my buddy Swashbucklingjedi will be quite interested in given out old convo about the B1s in R2's little group in the Citadel Arc. Perhaps we'll get some callbacks to that arc and old droid episodes to keep going with the new linear approach of season 5. Its going to be interesting to see where they'll go with it and since it is writen by Brend Friedman I have a a bit more optimism. Its also going to probably help I like Looney Toons. =P

Still I kinda wish this was a two part arc. There are other things we gotta get to.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to see Death Watch vs Clone Troopers

KenobiSkywalker and Seerow like this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Sign me up.

Darth Vader likes this.