main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Mandalore will still exist past the S5 Mauldalorian episodes, and it almost certainly won't be ruled by the same New Mandalorian faction.

Armoured Mandalorians could still fight clone troopers at various points in future seasons.

Darth Vader likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope so

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I would like to see this too. I wonder if any Death Watchers (those who don't side with Kenobi) will make it past the Maul arc..

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure some will survive

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess we'll need some kinda follow up later. I used to think some bad stuff going down on Mandalore might be a good option for where Ahsoka can be off to during Order 66. But looks like that will have already happened. I don't want subplots getting played out to much.

6. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    The New Mandalorian government is seen in S3 to be presiding over a failed state. The S5 trailer shows the streets filled with ordinary Mandalorian citizens expressing support for Death Watch. When the dust settles, I fully expect to see Mandalore ruled by a militarist government.

Depending on how the wartime alignment of the Mandalorian state changes, there could be armoured Mandalorians fighting alongside either the Republic or CIS forces. Critically, they'd be backed by the full might of their advanced society at every level.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    There are already about 6 or 7 subplots TCW needs to close out in just two seasons. Once we get past the Mando/Maul thing which I'm sure is going to be epic. I think attention needs to be focused everywhere to keep braiding everything together for ROTS instead of big fanservice battles. It would be interesting to see the Mandos fight CIS forces with the republic but I just feel they'll get played out fast, particularly if this arc lives up to all the hype. Clearly we will need to go back atleast once to fully resolve it and see what has happened to the Mando government after all is said and done with season 5.

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I vaguely remember a "clones vs Mandalorians" rumor in the past. Seerow Maybe that's the arc we've heard about! The Fives arc might be about clones dispatched to post-Maul Mandalore.

9. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    That sounds very evocative of the Cold War and modern geopolitics, and very appropriate for a clear-thinking special forces character like Fives.

10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Would you elaborate for me? Please. Pretend IDK what you're talking about.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Didn't Ashley E. say she did another Mando episode at SDCC 2012? I'm not so sure. I guess that could work as the follow up. I'm expecting the Fives arc will have something to do with new clone troopers in the future or he doesn't have an arc so much as a major role in the finale.

12. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Special forces are often used instead of regular forces in certain situations, particularly since the end of WW2. After S5, Mandalore is almost certainly going to be in a bad way and it's pretty much inevitable that the Republic and CIS will try to control what remains in their own ways. Special forces have been used by governments the world over to do the same IRL.

A mission launched by the Republic to surreptitiously exert its influence over Mandalore would be an appropriate mission for an ARC like Fives to be on in his much hinted-at arc. He has been shown to have his own maverick perspective so he could bring something appropriate to the arc beyond just action violence.

13. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Going by the trailers the people of Mandalore will return to the old ways, no way we wont get more about it in an later arc, its to big to be contained within 2-3 episodes.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I suspect one more follow up arc to conclude Mandalore entirely and follow up on where this big arc leaves us. As I said, TCW needs to get to work on the other 7 subplots or so the series has going. So they can't spend to much time playing out Mandalore with fan services. A Fives arc in the follow up would be dandy ofcourse. Call my a hypocrite. Go on, do it. +10 for it.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It is not, it is overrated.

There is enough material for 3 more seasons.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If TCW runs two or three seasons seasons more then there is still a limited amount of time to devote on the hanging plot strands, particularly if everything is going to be coming in 4 parts now. Now, I am all for TCW running longer than three seasons. Give me 10. I love this show and I love you guys. Keep it together. ^-^;

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The more the better I always say... I would love 10 seasons.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lets go to 20. Happy birthday GGrievous. =b

19. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I always thought 6 seasons would be enough, but I won't complain if they go further than that.

20. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003

We are now going to get a 4 part arc with "Kermit The Frog", somehow I’m not getting a sense that TCW team feel like they are in a hurry. Also Seerow, while Mandalore doesn’t play a particularly important part in the clone war, it’s one of the major storylines in TCW show, perhaps "The" major storyline beside Ashoka/Rex. We have had 6 episodes connected to the Mandalore story thus far, with another 3 coming later this season. It’s arguably the biggest plotline of the series now that it gets merged with the Maul/Savage storyline (another 6 episodes), that’s a total of at least 15 episodes bound to each other by the end of this season. Continuing to give this storyline focus at least once a season until the end of the show makes sense, since it can be argued that it’s the main ongoing story throughout the series (ignoring character progression plotlines).

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    No, they don't seem like they are in a hurry but I don't agree with you. First off we know almost jack squat about the arc we are about to head into other than it involves droids and a Clone Commando will appear. A contrast to how we've had all kinds of leaks on the rest of the arcs. That alone is kinda interesting. Maybe this Droid Arc will have nothing going for it but crack baby crap or maybe something important is going to happen. Didn't Filoni say R2 makes an important contribution to the war in this arc? Lets give it a chance and see what happens.

Next, I am very much looking forward to the Mando/ Maul arc granted almost entirely to see the personal mindscrew that Obi-wan is going to go through which is going to be the major point of that arc. Setting that up was the entire point of Satine, last season's final two episodes, and Revival. Mandalore's struggles with governmental corruption which seemed irrelevant and the Deathwatch group looking to over throw it (All needed to build up Satine). Maul throwing himself into the fray. Its a vehicle for Obi-wan's character arc in TCW. The possibility this will conclude Maul's short journey in the series is very likely. Once it finishes its hard to say how many more episodes of Mandalorian stuff we get. There should definitely be follow up to tell us where Mandalore is after that but even if its a major plot point in the Clone Wars far as the EU is concerned I don't think what goes on there is a major plot point for TCW itself on the road to ROTS.

What are all the plot strings going to lead to and the end and what elements/ characters bind them together? We also have storylines with deepening Anakin's fall. The Jedi Council losing the faith with him, Rex's character arc, Ahsoka's character arc, the clone sentience arc/ Krell fall out (is that a good name?), Order 66 stuff, the Nexus Route coordinates, Boba Fett's journey, Non-Clone officers entering the ranks, public unrest, Ventress's character arc, and Palpatine being thrown curve balls to get through. Not to mention getting back to some old fashioned C.I.S. vs. Republic battles. I believe I've heard Filoni mention all this stuff before. That's alot of stuff to fit.

I think its fine and it would be fun to get an arc where the new Mando government is all Amestian like military expansionists then join forces with the republic to fight the C.I.S. Please though Fives in there, hell uncover some insidious plot to sacrifice the citizens of Mandalore for some hair brained scheme. Its all fun. Yes, I'm crazy. Don't hurt me! But I think that's dragging out a part of the arc that isn't really there and creating fanservice that detracts from other material that needs to be covered. I hope its covered sooner than later. Its similar to the way I feel about including certain Jedi people clamor for who we know die in ROTS. Although, if we are going to go 10 season then by all means introduce new subplots that can carry that weight. Expand away.

22. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    I think after so much build up we need to see the Mandalorians unleashed on the galaxy, for a four parter if nothing else. The idea of Mandalorians fighting Clone troopers is too good to pass up.

I agree that Obi-Wans emotional journey will be the most interesting aspect, it’s arguably what will be the biggest strength or flaw of the arc, depending on whether or not they pull it off.

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm not sure that a short speech by a miniature creature with a Napoleanic complex qualifies as a 4-part arc of "Kermit the Frog". Now maybe...maybe...if they stretched his posturing and strutting across the entire 4 parts, I might agree with you.

Seerow likes this.
  24. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    There was quite a lot of jumping in that one clip.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Really!? You are getting the feeling of TCW crew being in a hurry cause of that?! :D

There is no major storyline with Ahsoka. Rex... maybe.