main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    And Bardans Pyro Sidekick is here :p

2. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    why am I the sidekick? you got anything for me tonight addie?

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You bored again??!? Hang on, let me open the vault....and read my Jedi Path......I need a tiny bit of information for you to find out...

EDIT: Open Page Mission

Name Three Force Wielding Animals, describe them (pictures as well if you can), where they come from and how they use the Force to their advantage.

4. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Technically we are all animals....so does that include humans?

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I highly doubt it Chewbacca89. Personally, and I believe Addie will agree. I think she meant by animal the non-sentient creatures of the galaxies. The fact that I can answer this question four ways to sunday without cracking a books spine or a web-browsers catch just shows you have plenty of options to choose from ;)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Yea I know. Worth a try lol.

for clarification, do you mean just animals that can use the force? or any animal that is an anomoly in the Force?

7. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Anthropologists and xenobiologists alike have both discovered several non-sentient species that also share a relationship with the Force. Perhaps the most widely known is the Ysalamiri. They are a salamander-like creature that roams free on the planet of Myrkr. Myrkr has mineral-rich forests that the Ysalamiri feed off of. It is a delicate process to attempt to remove a Ysalamirir from their tree; their claws travel deep into the center of said trees. The Ysalamiri possess a bizarre ability to make a “bubble” in the Force. It is unknown as to how or why this trait was first developed. It has been theorized that they developed it to defend themselves from the Vornskrs. Inside these bubble, the Force is non-existant and cannot be manipulated. The official size of these bubbles is unsure, but somewhere around 10 meters seems about average. These bubbles can expand to larger areas if more than one Ysalamirir are present.

Another species that shares a different relationship with the Force are the Taozin. The Taozin were a gigantic and translucent animal that can dodge efforts to be located through the Force. The Taozin were native to moon of Va’art. These creatures could generate a liquid that was adhesive. This liquid was used to trap prey; prey as large as an adult human. The creature had the ability to deflect common blaster fire and lightsabers were rendered almost useless against them. In fact, using a lightsaber on a Taozin was more dangerous for the wielder than the creature. The abilty to hide itself from the Force made it a competitive predetor; especially to a Jedi, who relies heavily on the Force.

The third species I chose are the Terentateks. These creatures were alchemically created and popularized by Exar Kun as “Jedi Killers.” These beasts stood about half as tall as a Rancor. The creature consumed and fed on those strong in the Force. These creatures were so powerful that a single one was a match for an entire squad of Jedi. The species is believed to have been exterminated by the Jedi Order in 3993 BBY, during the Great Hunt, after the end of the Sith War.

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well done.....but now I guess you are bored again! LOL!! Mission complete.

PS Mitthy was correct. ;)

9. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    not bored.....complacent.
    also got a post up at shadow wars!

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yep, my comparison to Will Turner was correct..... :p

11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I don't know if its a compliment or an insult to be compared to Orlando Bloom ;)

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not Orlando, Will....the character is way better than the Actor!! :p

13. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    ah...didn't realize there was a difference lol

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hell Yes! That's like saying there's no difference between Tom Cruise and Maverick in Top Gun!!!! LOL! Maverick was hot, Tom is a nut bag... :p

15. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    gotcha ;)
    looking forward to my next assignment :cool:

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You need to face Grand Master Mac now.....you must learn patience now....and wait till the evening US time now......

17. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    whoa....way to lay down the law :p

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I am your Master, it's my job apparently!!

19. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Good morning, Masters.

Here is my treatise on the Jedi Code, as per the initiation task.

The first line refers to the excluding of emotion, in order to make better judgements. In my opinion, rather than the view of the general public that the Jedi are emotionless robots, the first line of the Code instead points more to the Jedi, in conflict or in negotiation (or any other interaction), not allowing emotion to cloud their minds to the right course of action, as determined by the Will of the Force. Jedi who do not follow this part of the Code, who act on their emotions or allow them to run unchecked, are in the main more vulnerable to the seductive influence of the Dark Side. On this line, more than any other, I prefer the older Code of "Emotion, yet peace", signifying that a Jedi can feel emotion, but focuses on spreading peace throughout the galaxy; it is also better understood by galactic citizens, and in my opinion inspires an empathy with the Jedi, rather than alienating them.

The second line, in my view, is a relatively simple one to understand. If one happens upon something that he does not understand, he should not reject it out of hand, for fear or anger. Instead, he should seek to learn more about it, to understand it as well as he does himself. A Jedi should seek to erase prejudice and ignorance from himself.

The third line is an extrapolation of the first precept. A Jedi who succumbs to passion is quick to act in fear, or anger, and can jeopardise diplomatic missions. This precept is a reminder to all Jedi to leave passion behind them when completing the Force's will for them, lest they act for selfish reasons. We must rise above the passions of others, in order to view situations with a clear eye.

The final precept refers to the ascension of deceased Jedi, or indeed deceased anybody, into the welcome embrace of the Force. Those who enter the netherworld are privileged to have lived life, and to have drifted back to the Force. We are larger, and so much brighter than these bodies can display. To have transcended the flesh and joined a body of understanding so great is a situation that should not be overly mourned; though we may miss their influence, we should remember that those who pass into the Force are always with us, and can no longer feel pain, or regret, and so we should rejoice for them, and their memories. A Jedi who succumbs to grief over the passing of a close one is in danger of ignoring the previous precepts of the Code; to cling onto those who have passed for too long is a selfish act, and can lead to the Dark Side.

In short, the Jedi Code is a reminder of our relationship with the Force. We serve it as it's sentinels, seeking to spread it's will throughout the Galaxy. It is a set of rules by which we should live, and though the Code has changed many times over the millennia (I notice we use Odan-Urr's version of the Code, without the fourth precept of "There is no chaos, there is harmony"), its message always remains the same - live well, respect the Will of the Force, and those around you, and do not allow your own emotions and passions to cloud you from the work that must be done.

JediFalcon and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    ooh...we got a live one Grand Master CPL_Macja and Grand Master BultarSwan !!! Looks good, but not my call here tsunami1138!!! I feel like I want to call you Wave Rider! ;)

21. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    As nicknames go, it's definitely amongst the best I've ever had :p

22. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    what would the worst be? ;)

23. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    I have what you might call an unusual name. Most of the worst nicknames have tended to come from extrapolations or vandalisms of that.

But to be fair, it made me a stronger person - and Wave Rider would be a damn cool nickname no matter what!

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Then that is what you are...Wave Rider......be grateful Bardan_Jusik didn't beat me too it, you could have been Sith Bait or Sky Guy... ;)

25. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    is my nickname still "greatest jedi to walk among us"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.