main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Considering how much they've built this arc up, it better not be a disappointment. There may be a lot to include but I think they can pull it off... I think they've already started to build Obi-Wan's emotional journey in this arc with Revival. You could see how devastated he was with Adi's death.

If Satine is definitely murdered by Maul and Obi-Wan is forced to watch it happen later on in this arc.... then, they've definitely already started on bringing him to that point with Adi's death. I hope they can pull this off, because I think the whole arc hinges upon how they portray that particular scene.

fistofan1, AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I can see where it would be fun to play the Mandalorians off as becoming a sort of small 3rd power where they start trying to concur neighboring planets or something which would be a great way to end up in a fight with clones. It just tacks on a new subplot so TCW has to be careful with that since it seems like the shows format is moving away from snapshots to being more linear with smaller gaps between episodes. It really doesn't feel like much time passed between episodes off screen anymore.

Totally, and I think its the major plot point and will be the main payoff for the arc when said and done. Obi-wan is the main thing that holds all the twists in the overall Mando/Maul twist together. If its a big flaw in the arc then this will suck. However, I'm of the opinion TCW does better with character driven plots than they get credit for.

hlc88 and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  4. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    Two more videos from the upcoming Gregor arc.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pit Droid: "I have good news and bad news Colonel. The bad news is there are giant ice formations commonly called ice formations heading straight for us"
    Snailman: "What in the world is the good news."
    Pit Droid: "The good news is you will have a good excuse if this mission fails".

Made me Lolz and oh man the pit droid is a dead ringer for Alpha 5 from Power Rangers. He's only missing the infamous catchphrase. I'm pretty sure the voice is suppose to imitate Richard Horvitz. Why the hell didn't you guys get him to do this?

And Gregor is awesome. He's amazingly fast considering his armor looks so over-sized and heavy.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    wow, this Arc is gonna be awesome

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Funny and cartoony yes. Awesome. I hope.

8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    just curious what's the schedule looking like anyway for the reminder of the season? does it go Droid/Commando Arc then the Clovis arc then the Maul/Mandalorian commando and the season finale arc? or do i got them backwards on the last two?

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Maul/Mandalorian arc is not the season finale. We know that much. Presumably, after the Droid/Commando Arc, it will be Clovis and then Maul/Mandalorian and then the season finale. Beginning of January we will know what arc is up next after the droid one.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    These four part arcs sure make the season feel shorter and quicker don't they?

11. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    What we need now is one of those devices to add those background laughs, gasps, and "awww"

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Except for maybe Scooby Doo and Flinstones its hard to think of a cartoon show that does that.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002

[/media]

Seerow and SenatorKelberry like this.
  14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Like I've said, the whole Maul/Obi-Wan story in TCW should have the backdrop for the prequels. In my opinion the biggest failure of Episode I was killing Darth Maul off.

15. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    [quote="Seerow,
    These four part arcs sure make the season feel shorter and quicker don't they?[/quote]

Yeah, having only six or seven stories per season is sure making it go faster. Personally I'd rather they stuck to two and three parters. More stories and also it seems that almost all of the four parts could've been condensed to three.

Seerow likes this.
  16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Is the snail voiced by John Hodgman?

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Your words of optimism give me hope for this arc. You are right.

Filoni did fancy himself that this was THE best arc they have ever done.

Genius clips but I hope you are right.

Seerow likes this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well from the second clip, it's gonna be awesome, i didn't watch the first clip

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Garth Maul

Lol... well if the hat fits I guess...

Darth_Foo

The Onderon arc had no business being a four part arc. Young Jedi probably worked as a four part arc but just didn't have the pay off. I remember having mixed thoughts of "That's it? Thank god? What about the other kids?" I think it would be better if we got some single stories pepper in between the long arcs. If a story is good enough to breath in four episodes I'll take it. I know TCW can pull off 4 parts

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

I vaguely remember Filoni saying that. Your welcome. I'll pack as much optimism as I can for this arc. I want to try and help everyone get excited even if it looks bad. If nothing else...hey, this will be better that than "Shadow Warrior". 2nd clip is better, FYI. It may help some of you to skip the first one.

And I'm going to have to give up the purple thing. It apparently overwhelms the board.

20. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    The Young Jedi had to be four parter. Where else can there be a whole circus episode and Hondo flying?

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm really not sure what to think of this arc yet. I guess I'll have to wait for Saturday. :p

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    You're right about Alpha 5. The Pit Droid definitely reminds me of him. Just need a floating head in a tube and he's all set.

Seerow likes this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "Aye-yai-yai-yai!"

24. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012

Seerow likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011