main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Ki-Adi-Mundi: Could he have made a difference?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Vialco, Nov 25, 2012.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Because you want other people to respect your opinion back, maybe? That sound fun?

2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I'm not saying that all EU is irrelevant :rolleyes:

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Okay then. Quit the sarcasm and we'll be happy.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  4. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Like DarthBoba already showed, only one of the clones die. You must have been watching a different film from all of us ;)

DarthBoba likes this.
  5. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm not convinced Ki-Adi-Mundi would have fared much better. I think Yoda could have made a difference but Mace was in a tough spot. He had to act fast so he pulls together the best posse he can (Kit Fisto is quite the swordsman based on EU accounts) on short notice and he tries to take care of business. Ultimately Mace had that battle won which speaks extremely highly of his skill.

6. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    I'm still undecided on whether Mace legitimately won or Palpatine pretended to lose because he knew Anakin was coming and wanted to look weak?

7. ILNP

ILNP Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2011
    I watched it and it looks to me as if 2 troopers "die" (I really shouldn't say die since we can't know that but to me at least 2 are taken out) out of a force of 5 troopers. An argument could be made for 1 I just see it differently. I'll take a different tact than many on these forums and not quibble over a difference of 1 trooper. We'll just have to agree to disagree.[face_peace]

8. ILNP

ILNP Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2011
    I will agree that Ki Adi Mundi would not have faired much better than the Jedi who were there. The scene called for them to die quickly in order to get to just Palpatine and Mace. I know this is the Prequel thread (and given many peoples feelings about the EU i'll probably be lambasted) but the book handled the fight better.

9. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Let's put it this way: Ki-Adi-Mundi got taken out in a few seconds by a few clone troopers in a surprise attack.

Do you really think he will do better against Palpatine in a surprise attack?

No.

10. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    This is how I used to view it, but when Mace is going in for the deciding blow it appears to me that Palpatine has no back up plan beyond Anakin. But, there's always that argument that he knew Anakin would be a chump...

11. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Palpatine strikes me as someone who always has a backup plan. Plus, he sees the future. He's foreseen what Luke was going to do even though they'd never been in contact before. Anakin was obviously more predictable.

12. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Mundi wouldn't have made a difference. Mace AND Yoda together though would have owned Sidious. I think thats a given considering both were able to fight him one on one

13. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Gl's son showed more skills than master Mundi :p

14. Master Jedi Kenobi

Master Jedi Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2012
    People always talk about the palpatine scene as being inconsistent & that the masters should have put up a better fight, & even though I agree, I think that Lucas should have made more of the order 66 scenes.

He had the opportunity to make it into this epic battle with all the great masters fighting for survival & in the film they just all limply die & fall over whilst getting shot at.

I concede he was succsessful in making it emotional & some fans will argue the element of surprise is why the Jedi were so helpless, but sureley they would/could have sensed a disturbance in the force. Yoda sensed it so why not Plo Koon, Ki Adi Mundi et al?

15. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Ki Adi Mundi sensed something too but couldn't react in time. The rest were not powerful enough (except for Yoda).

16. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Just because he has a lines in the films doesn't make him super great, also you should keep in mind that just because someone is a great jedi doesn't mean they are great with a lightsaber. For example saesee tiin (who Mace did bring) is a great jedi, his best skills are as a pilot however, the jedi are not just warriors. Kit fisto is also a really good jedi but that just isn't where their strengths are.

You should keep in mind that out of hundreds of thousands of jedi the 12 that are on the council are about as good as it gets, those were the best jedi avalible and Mundi wasn't on the the same planet and they didn't have time to wait around for anybody. If they did have time i'm sure they would have just waited for yoda instead. You also should keep in mind the fact that Mace actually brough 3 other members of the jedi council as opposed to any other jedi in the temple (lik cin drallig) shows he definitely was taking it extremely seriously.

whostheBossk likes this.