main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Because posting here is so much fun with friends like these. ^_^

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    all three of them

and all the people you rage about at your work.

I see a few people in between, but sometimes it's just dead.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Fiscal cliff? "Austerity bomb" is more accurate a description and has the bonus of sounding like a SW superweapon.

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I <3 hyperbole.:)

In personal tech news today, which I'm sure only Seerow will appreciate:
    On my Galaxy 10.1, the screen just went bad... 3-5 business days till I get the replacement.

I also <3 warranties.:p

Seerow likes this.
  5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Clone fans, Seerow I hope you enjoy this tribute of mine about brave souls of the 501st.... on Umbara!

Enjoy!

SithStarSlayer, Seerow and QuangoFett like this.
  6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I would if I could. YouTube has it blocked in this country on copyright grounds.

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, I was wondering which group of friends? I have a few groups of friends on this forum and I think I can feel them standing quietly next to me here. I may complain about my customers but at the end of the day I also have the satisfaction of knowing that while my job isn't much I do enrich peoples lives by teaching them how to use their electronics so they can fully enjoy them and making sure they have a stable internet connection.

Sorry to hear about your screen. Samsung tends to be on top of things with warranties. I've always had good luck with Samsung products, but this isn't really about fangirlism.

Yeah I know the Samsung/ Apple lawsuit isn't as important as fiscal cliffs. But for me its important. This has the potential to turn out detrimental to the U.S. consumer electronics industry if Apple wins. Not to mention how it could put me out of work. This would be worse for me than anything that could have or did not come from the attempt to buy U.S. T-Mobile since this would directly lessen the volume for me at work. I do need to keep my job. First off, other companies will quickly follow suit. Its already started with the ultrabook wars between Acer and Asus respectively. Then your talking about kicking out the most profitable cellphone manufacturer in the U.S. and the real leader in U.S. (and global) market share for that matter with 51% while Apple is at 31% (75% of Android phones sold carry the Samsung logo. Thats not counting the dismal sales for Windows phone either.). If Samsung ends up having to sign a non competition agreement with Apple and take the phones out of the U.S. that'll also have a terrible impact on me at work since Android calls are a big chunk of what I deal with, without them I'll take fewer calls, and AT&T won't hesitate to lay me off. Its happened before. I deal with the iPad but not the mighty iPhone unless it deals with the mobile hotspot feature. Dell did this to Samsung and LG respectively back in the 90s and kicked both of them out of the U.S. computer market. Samsung has only been able to sell notebooks here for about 2 years since that agreement ended. Electronics, particularly the Smartphones require heavy competition to stay fresh and keep advancing at a breakneck pace which is also important to my line of work.

This kind of greed also punches consumers in the face. It is actually well known that part of HTC's so call undisclosed agreement is they have to remove some basic functions from their phones (we don't know which, but it could easily be something I take for granted in my current smartphone like Copy and Paste. Your really going to force me to get an iPhone and get stuck on god damn proprietary, close development ass iOS? No freaking way). Apple also had it in the lawsuit that they wanted HTC to stop making rectangular phones with buttons on the bottom and small bezels but think god that got thrown out. Its all about taking more advantage of consumer ignorance to further their greed.

That was awesome. Thanks. I'm surprised you made that. Here are mine. ^-^

9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Might as well plug my own videos.

Clone Wars is just (used to be) awesome

The Umbara Arc

Coric's Obsessive Clone Collection

Jester's blaster is freshly scrubbed (ifyouknowwhatImean)

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    STOP SPAMMING. Don't you know that embedding youtube videos and playing them all at once makes pages load slower? You might say: "But Zand, why don't you watch them one after the other?"

To which I say "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

eht13 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  11. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I just tried that and my computer sounds like it's having a seizure.

But my computer is playing it fine, and this isn't a gaming PC.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    somebody post them in flash and then I'd really be screwed.

Also, I just saw a couple of days ago some of The Hobbit trailer playing in Costco and it definitely looks...weird. The 48 fps thing is strange and different. Not sure I like it. Looks more like a documentary or soap opera, almost like you're watching a DVD featurette or something rather than the film itself, if that makes any sense.

Also, BC - how could you say the ending of ROTK is better in the film? The Scouring of the Shire I felt was one of the best parts of LOTR - the hobbits come back home and realize Sauron/Saruman's evil is everywhere, even in their own homes, and we see how much the hobbits have grown in their adventures.

I know I'm late to the LOTR discussions but I'll say this:

FOTR Extended
    TTT regular
    ROTK regular I think (can't remember at this point but it feels long)

FOTR stayed the closest to Tolkien's vision and was the most successful. I generally didn't like the changes PJ made, and I felt he made the character of Frodo into some kind of whiny emo teen star, although Elijah Wood didn't help.

/end rant.

13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Never liked Frodo too much, in the books and the films TBH.
    I would have to say it goes The Two Towers, The Fellowship of the Ring, and The Return of the King

14. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sorry Seerow, I love my iPhone. One craptastic Android phone and I was done. :p

The French word for seal is "le phoque." Yes, one can take a correct guess on how it is pronounced.

If that were my last name I'd change it though.

16. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Phoque?
    No! Phoqme!

[​IMG]

TWINS!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

Nice ones. You sure love clones.
    Good videos. I see you do try the lip sync game too... ;)

QuangoFett I am so sorry you can not view it but the Copyright holder has blocked in Germany and Ireland and the UK.

SithStarSlayer

Glad you enjoyed and I always like to surprise people. I know people would be shocked that I who does not like Umbara did the video but I just had to. ;)

Coric
    Oh yes, I know your work. ;)

I also did a TCW is Awesome video.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Sorry you got a bad egg there. What model phone was it?

The iPhone is a great product. I just really don't like Apple trying to drive Samsung out of the U.S mobile electronics market (this includes tablets and even the Samsung Series 5 and Series 9 ultrabooks/ notebooks although the article I posted does not list them).

I often tell people if you just want to take a smartphone out of the box, just want it to work fine at everything, and want it to be easy. Get the iPhone. If you want something more unique, something you can customize (and I don't mean customizing by putting a pink glittery case on), that works better in key functions that are not just apps like web browsing, and really want cutting edge hardware then get Android. When it comes to ease of use and total stability I actually tend to think Windows Phone 7/8 has the edge (My current phone is just a Samsung Focus Flash that runs 7.5 Mango but its fast). My personal preference however is for Android. I like Android's open development platform, the endless customization it offers, and the wider variety of handsets that run it. My next handset will be back to Android.

Really the prejudice against Android is the same thing people have toward PCs. Where a guy will go buy a Dell. He'll have a harddrive failure and have to send it in and equate that with Windows sucks. Guess what? Apple uses the same damn HDDs. My Thinkpad Edge came with the same drive in it as my friend's 15 inch MacBook Pro. Both of us have had drive failures this year with our laptops.

And, lol. I'm glad I don't have a last name that sounds anything like that.

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan, I love my clones and none more than those 501st boys as you probably have figured out by now. Thanks. I also love Chevelle so just had to make the 2nd one when I heard that song. The lip syncing was hard and I really suck at timing. I spend hours trying to adjust clips to be just right and eventually just give up. Not surprisingly I don't make many of them.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    My last name starts with the letters W-A-C....

20. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Wacht?

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  23. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Wachoski?

Garth Maul likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hotmail's new Outlook interface sucks.

25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Looks like it's based on Windows 8's design. That's why I'm sticking with 7. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.