main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Mark Hamill unsure about Star Wars 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Nov 27, 2012.

1. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I've been thinking about how sure everyone is that Mark Hamill will play an older Luke in Episode 7 and I'm wondering if we have all jumped the gun?

I think there is a good chance that they recast the role even if Luke and Mark's ages are approximately the same (there is no guarrantee of this either) then they may still look to an alternative older actor who might have better acting chops.

Mark hasn't done all that much acting (not counting the voice stuff) .

Anyway - opinions?

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Definitely don't think they'll recast.

3. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Obviously in the PT all the characters were different ages etc, but once you know that Ewan McGregor is Obi-Wan in the PT it isn't distracting or anything.

What would be way worse is relying on Mark Hamill to act and he can't deliver, that would be glaring if they do a good job with the rest of the film.

Also, I wonder if Mark/Carrie/Harrison would all expect a huge pay day and if one of them has to be recast maybe they just decide it would be better to recast them all (or edit them out somehow).

4. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    The original cast, a big draw, they will be. Difficult, the future is, to see.

5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    questioning Mark's recent acting abilities? Watch Airborne and Sushi Girl, both from 2012. He's a good actor.

Valairy Scot and Echo-07 like this.
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I've never had a problem with Hamill's acting, personally. I think bringing the original cast back would be a way to earn back some good will from the fans that didn't like the PT. Recasting would probably cause that to backfire. I know I would rather them have all new characters than to recast the Big 3. Any of them.

7. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    He did an awesome job with the Yoda puppet, acting along side him during TESB. He's got my vote.

8. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Hamill's performance would be dependent on the director, anyway. Get a good director and I'm sure Hamill would do great.

9. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Not only acting alongside the puppet but he couldn't even hear Yoda's lines, that's how good of an actor he is.

10. _Andur_

_Andur_ Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Mark will be in the ST IMHO. It would be Assanine not have him... Think of the $ involved , .. I also think Carrie and Harrison will be involved .. They will make Disney and themselves a ton of dough .

Jobertus, Echo-07 and DarthKreVass like this.
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It wouldn't just be assanine, it would be assaTEN!

asinine*

Personally, I wouldn't mind a recast.

12. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Who the hell is Luke Hamill?

Echo-07 and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  13. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Who's Luke Hamill? ;)

14. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Oh right 2 B-Grade, low budget horror movies?

I like this review of Airborne

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Never really had a problem with his acting, doubt they'd recast him.

TreborSabreon and Echo-07 like this.
  16. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    No one ever watched Star Wars for the "acting", I am sure Mark Hamill will revise his roll as an even better actor with all of the years of practice that he has had over the years.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  17. Spam Bot

Spam Bot Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 16, 2012
    Yeah, kinda dropped the ball on the thread title, but hey, Alzheimer's is the new forty ;)

I, for one, would actually support a recast partly because I'd like to see the ST kick off relatively soon after ROTJ.

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Mark Hamill is the only character in the ST from the OT I want to come back, either as a force ghost or as a Jedi Master.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, no one watched the PT for the acting, at least. OOOOHH zing! I kid, I kid. :)

20. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    What a crock of Bantha poodoo?

Jobertus, JainaSoloYJK and Echo-07 like this.
  21. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    No one watches any Star Wars movie for the acting - because Lucas casts people who are just like his characters already.

The only actor who has ever needed to act in them is Ewan McGregor - because he had to be a younger Alec Guiness.

kataja likes this.
  22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    This thread is blasphemy!

But seriously, this thread is blasphemy.

Mark Hamill's acting has never been questioned before to my knowledge with regards to SW. Insane.

23. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Recast if VII is immediately after ROTJ, BUT if it is 30 years later, you bring in the same actors, it isn't even up for debate people.
    No real fan of the OT would want it any other way with that timeline.

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Why can't we all just concentrate on proper speculation and using our imagination instead of this pointless rubbish.

25. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Ewan was a definite highlight of the PT, I can't help but think it could have been a much poorer film without his inclusion.