main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, yes. But I thought that was obvious enough that it didn't need to be mentioned. :p

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, they've proven they're not the best with colors (blaster fire color changing depending on who's holding the weapon), and I remember learning colors before counting in pre school :p

I'll have to see the episode to give a real opinion, but I find the notion of a droid of all things being the first trainer of all Jedi a little... odd (yeah, that word will do for now). I suppose it would be fully capable of teaching Jedi younglings the basics (holding the lightsaber, beginning stances, basic slashing and parrying techniques), but I would think a Jedi would begin learning lightsaber in combat in tandem with the Force at the very earliest stages.

Also: can we assume that Revan trained with Huyang in the lightsaber training montage in KOTOR? [face_clown]

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Fixed.
    Next they'll take dark side eyes to the next level and tell us Sith are only red because alignment makes humans change colour.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Next arc preview:

I believe that's the rumored "Colonel Gascon."

Also, Super_Battle_Droid posted this awesome observation in LACWAC (hope you don't mind me reposting it here bro):

The resemblance may be deceptive, but it's uncanny.

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

Ubbelievably great!!! A miniature species in the GAR in command, on a humansized ship, used to its species advantage alongside droids... AWESOME, I love it. Whenever TCW does DROIDS it rocks so far. they should rename it DROIDS finally and ignore all the boring clone action. then at least we'd get more great episodes.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    ...........I have no idea if that is sarcasm or not.

7. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I do mean it, no sarcasm. The clone episodes are the less interesting ones to me, I know others love them. But I prefer Mortis, Droids, the Young Jedi Arc and such stuff. Onderon was great too. also Boba and Dathomir.

but the clone centric episodes, well Rookies and their arcs are nice, but aside the technology of Umbara I can't like those episodes. no idea why, maybe Krell killed it for me, but even without him, I think all the other aspects way more interesting than the story of individual clones who A) are dead by the end of the war anyway or soon thereafter and B) I had clone stories that were great already, do not need repetition. Karen Traviss did best clone stories I ever read. And yeah many loath her, I love her writings, not so much Order 66 and her retconning, sure, but the previous books and her style in general are superb. Even her LOTF novels I loved where she got characters spot on.

8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I won't lie. I loathe the droid centric eps of s4 (though not enough that I'll actually skip them in a marathon, they're just forgettable), and was bored by the one in s3.

But having said that, I was so impressed by how well crafted the Padawan episodes were that I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that this story may pull something off. Plus, it may provide...

1. Lots of fleet action
    2. Gregor/Republic Commando(es)
    3. The supposed artistic weirdness that is the void episodes.

Due to that, while I am not psyched for these episodes, I do imagine I'll be able to sit back and enjoy them. Here's hoping whatever mission these droids accomplish has some notable impact on the war, though.

9. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    did anybody ever wonder if those minispecies build minidroids too?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    well that clip hilarious.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    They probably ride MSEs like dune buggies.

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Somehow doubtful as having to miniaturize would severally limit the utility of those droids.

13. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    well some build normalsized droids they can climb into to become bounty hunters ;)

and these species would not have to miniaturize... they are experts at creating small stuff already. I bet they are the best microsurgeons :p

14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    More of a full battle suit and the thing is that as with droids technology in the GFFA seems to mostly design to be used on human scale (even Hutt tech as it is intended to be used by servant species ;) ). If they could readily build Mini Droids with all the abilities of the ones we know, one should asume people would also be building “bigger” ones with far more abilities than the normal seen models.

15. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

Coruscant construction droids... skyscraper sized crawling across skycrapers... [face_whistling]

16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The Celebration preview showed video-game-level Republic Commando action, complete with convenient explosive barrels.

17. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Those are huge moving factories preciously because they need to be that big to do what they are needed for. :)

18. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

and what do you call Abominor then? factory or droid for they too could be both!

19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    I would actually call those living beings ;) just like Vuffi and his people.

20. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    TrakNar please illustrate this now

21. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Time to add that to my to-draw list...

22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I just figured out why TCW's meddling irritates me so much, because I enjoy Star Wars, and other universes like Star Trek, Stargate, Harry Potter, Homeworld, and Halo, as much for their backstories as the stories themselves, TCW changing things around feels like rewriting history to me instead of just another fictional work.

TrakNar likes this.
  23. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    How could Halo rewrite its story? It basically has none to speak off. :p

24. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]
    Apparently the little twerp *does* ride in droids.

Also, something to consider: Dave Filoni has been making a big deal about how we would see more "non-clone officers" like Tarkin this season. Now the OS is trumping this guy as a "non-clone officer." Tarkin, watch your back bro.

25. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Tarkin should step on him.

Convor and fistofan1 like this.