main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Mark Hamill unsure about Star Wars 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Nov 27, 2012.

1. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Mark is a great actor, and was very convincing in the original trilogy; From whiny farm boy to badass Jedi Knight. I'd go as far as saying his performance was the best of the whole cast in ROTJ.

He is Luke, he cannot and will not be recast.

2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Disney will not have Luke Skywalker recast because :

1. The box office potential
    2. Mark Hamill was much loved as Luke Skywalker
    3. Fans will bacically boycott the movie if they recast any of the big 3
    4. EP7 will end up being The phantom menace of the sequels
    5. There is even a petition going around for the big 3 NOT to be recast
    6. If ( likely ) Episode 7 is set 30-40 post ROTJ & they recast Luke that would be the most rediculous thing to happen in the history of film only in DEATH should they recast Luke Skywalker .

3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    PS.....Remember Luke Skywalker will probably only have a supporting role could only be 10 min screen time so recasting would be completely ABSURD .

4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Episode VII may not be titled 'Star Wars'.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  5. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I agree that Mark Hamill was great in star wars. Anyone brave enough to doubt that, and actually say it on here,. i think not. As far as weight or hair colour, age etc, thats all taken care of with commitment to get in shape, make up and special effects etc. He dont look that bad, come on. I really imagine hamill thinking about doing hes finest work reprising this role that could actually make him a mega star again all these years later.

bring back mark hamill...
    and jar jar, just kidding about jar jar.

T-R- likes this.
  6. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    believe it or not, yes that is luke skywalker...of course he wouldnt look like a fresh faced boy now. that aint hes fault though.

7. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    This was tweeted a few hours ago. He'll be fine.

8. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    he looks pretty good for 61.man he could be bald and allsorts.

Pro Scoundrel and T-R- like this.
  9. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    I want to stick up for mark hamill as Luke skywalker and give my blessing to him that he's reprises this iconic character. I wanted to be luke when i was a boy. he's the mustard! He seems to be getting a lot of stick on here lately, which i think is unfair.

Who would love to see Mark hamill back? re-living my boyhood baby! and loving it...

10. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    What?!?

Any who, I've pretty much taken as a fact that Hamill and the others are back.

Yes, there is a lot waffle being foft about over him, but you'll find everyone of those people is just a tool.

He'll be back and be the main character until Episode IX.

T-R- likes this.
  11. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Mark Hamill is a vital part of Star Wars.

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  12. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    Agree with that.=D=

13. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    I must state i meant i feel like im youg again with all this new star wars stuff. great...

14. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Did this need a thread of its own? :confused:

My two cents on the matter: I would much rather these movies not continue the story of the original trilogy characters. At this stage they are a bit long in the tooth to be fighting a giant war across the stars and already I'm hearing the ST being ridiculed within the same breath as Indiana Jones 4. However if the film is bringing back Luke Skywalker in a continuation from Return of the jedi then I would much rather see Mark Hamill in the role than having it recast. I certainly wouldn't foresee many people warming to a new actor filling those shoes.

15. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    Yes i felt so. Ive seen too many threads putting him down. too fat, too old, too ugly, too old to begin the training. well yoda said that...

I would be devastated if he werent in it myself.

16. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    What I mean is why can't this thread be a post within these threads that are constantly putting him down? I'm not trying to devalue your opinion here, just thinking your points would be better served replying directly to people detracting from a potential return from Hamill.

17. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I always thought that Mark was a great actor and I can't remember any one in any trilogy who played a character that developed so much. He goes from a naive kid in ANH, to an angry young man in ESB and then onto to a tormented and mature adult. He is clearly the same character thought the films but showing an arc in his development.

He did go on to do a lot of work in theatre in the 80's. I would imagine that you need some serious acting chops to be cast in Amadeus and The Elephant Man on Broadway. His voice over work is again a great exaple of his acting.

They can recast the role and probably do that successfully. But it would seem to me that the best person person to play an aged 60ish Luke Skywalker would be Mark.

TreborSabreon and kataja like this.
  18. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    No probs! just thought a thread solely for hamill with a positive attitude would be nice. This is more to prick the conscience of them that reject him. you know who you are you naughty star wars fans...

There are a lot of threads that could be just one big thread. just showing my support.

19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Not all of us agree with that. I respect Mr. Hamill and his contributions...but let's face facts: he looks like crap on a spit. Unless you somehow force the guy to hit the gym nonstop and give him several facelifts, as a director and producer you're better of recasting Luke Skywalker. Yeah maybe that sounds like heresy to most of you all but you have to draw the line somewhere.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  20. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    I can hear him now saying. nooooooooooooooooooooo!

21. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    for me personally i could not watch it if they re-cast another actor. I think an opportunity to get in shape so he can play luke again would be enough motivation.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  22. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, this is certainly a change from that thread about how Harrison is too old. :rolleyes:

23. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Then again -- they might cast Hamill as Luke. This place is in desperate need of some vigilant mods.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  24. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Star Wars can't go forward without Luke Skywalker,
    and there is no Luke Skywalker without Mark Hamill.

T-R- and ThatWanFromStewjon like this.
  25. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    No, it doesn't. It's yet another waste-of-time thread that should have been incorporated into an existing thread about Hamill. And it's not going to do a thing to decide whether Hamill appears in these films, either for good or ill. It should be closed. Period.