main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Obi-one= Anakin?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Skelter, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I've heard theories as to how Obi-one bested Anakin on Mustafar, and most people agree that Anakin lost because he was to hot headed, and made a mistake. O.K., I can roll with that, but how does that explain Anakin not being able to over power Kenobi's force Push? This has buged me for years now. .

2. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
  3. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    If only Obi-two had been there instead, all this trouble could have been avoided.

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  4. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
    Obi-three would have sorted it out long before it got to Mustafar.

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  5. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    damn those defective clones

6. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Before the prequels came out, I figured the Clone Wars had to deal with clones of the Jedi. I'd even speculated about one possibility in which Palpatine actually couldn't turn Anakin, so the real Anakin was stuck banished on some deserted planet somewhere, and the one who became Vader was actually a clone that was imperfect enough that he was more susceptible to being tempted by the dark side.

It would make for quite a scene in sequels. Luke and Han arrive on a deserted planet and are greeted by a mysterious stranger...
    "I'm Han Solo... what's your name, old man?"

"I'm Anakin Skywalker. Who are you guys?"

7. Skelter

Oct 31, 2012
    Wow, way to derrail a topic!! Lol..

8. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    That's what they do best!
    On topic: Yes, Obi-Wan is in fact Anakin. Star Wars is really a story about severe schizophrenia and this will be dealt with in the third trilogy.

"Who're you?"
    /LM

Darth_Kiryan and Yunners like this.
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yes, I agree that Anakin should have been able to overpower Kenobi.

What makes it worse is Kenobi's face during the contest, he's straining, he's trying way too hard. That's not the way Jedi (should) do it, it would have been cooler visually if Kenobi calmed himself before they hit critical mass.

10. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    It was those darn hot flashes.

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, it WAS a hot planet.

12. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    This sounds like a plot of a David Fincher's movie ;)

13. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    But if you think about it, even if he is a Jedi, he had to fight his former Padawan. He had to fight his friend. So on a more serious note, that is probably why he was straining. Not just because of the physical exertion from the duel but from emotional turmoil.

Plus, Anakin totally became much more powerful because he embraced the dark side. He was the Chosen One, and already had significant power. But when he turned to the dark side he really became powerful. I do agree that Anakin should have won.

However, if you look back at TPM, Obi Wan did almost the exact same thing that Anakin did. Obi cut Maul in half. Now Obi is on Mustafar and is in the same scenario that Maul was in, so he is getting ready for that same attack. That's why he tells Anakin not to try it. But Anakin does and Obi is expecting it so he can counter and bam Anakin loses 3 limbs

darthjj88, rumsmuggler and -NaTaLie- like this.
  14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Not enough butt rape.

bibfortuitous likes this.
  15. Skelter

Oct 31, 2012
    Anakin was also struggling against KenobI. How does that make sense?? Kenobi should have lost that.

16. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012

darthbarracuda likes this.
  17. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I think it’s an excellent example of what sets a knight apart from a true master: Anakin may have been inherently stronger in the Force but Obi-Wan held a higher degree of mastery of the Force and that is what made him capable of withstanding Anakin’s Force push.

And in the end it was Obi-Wan’s experience, skills, and ability to keep a cool head which allowed him to defeat Anakin.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  18. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Or, Obi-Wan was simply smarter. To quote Obi-Wan from TCW, Anakin "is always thinking with his lightsaber" ;)

Valairy Scot likes this.
  19. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Heh thanks :)

20. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I agree with this, I think they are both the same when it comes to strengths, but when it comes to smarts and tactics, i'd say it's obi wan who is greater than anakin.

21. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    There is the line from ANH from Vader. "When we first met, I was but a learner, now I am the master".

That has a little more meaning now too, imo.

I think Obi-Wan was the better "force user" and is admitted by Vader with that one line.

22. BoomBach

BoomBach Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    Obi-wan vs Anakin is the animal kingdom story of the young buck vs the pack leader that's been around the block. And also note that Lucas has stated that the dark side is more powerful. So with Obi-wan straining it was probably more anger. Just like how in TPM he was getting slapped around by Maul but when he gave into anger after Que-Gon's death he gave into his anger and nearly beat Maul in a saber duel. (And later killed him)

23. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    Obi-Wan is superior at that time.

Simple as that

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The question was how Anakin was not able to overpower Kenobi in the Force push contest. Since that contest ended in a stalemate, I don't see how Kenobi was simply superior in regards to the topic's question.

25. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Well, Obi-Wan did try to teach him to "think". Clearly, it didn't work. So with Luke, he changed the strategy and was all about "feel". He realized that when it comes to the Skywalker males, using the Force is much easier for them than using their brains ;)