main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Mark Hamill unsure about Star Wars 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Nov 27, 2012.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher and random ROTJ extras who never appeared in film again are all much more accomplished actors than anyone who appeared in the prequels. I know this because hyperbolic nerds told me so on the interwebz.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    New comments from mark regarding whether or not he will be in the ST. I am curious as to the meaning of his last quote concerning Lucas Film making the announcement.

3. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I don't see every post and nor does everyone else with passing comments about him. i thought it would be cool to get down and dirty with all those who don't rate him. so whats wrong with this thread being here to stand up show support. there seems to be alot of anti hamill floating about so why not discuss in one place instead of going of track in other threads.

4. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    So instead of discussing it in one place, you went off track in another thread; that's the point. And have you gotten down and dirty with anyone? No indeed. Most of these posts have been made by you, and address your own feelings about Hamill. Fair enough, but did that require its own thread? And I'm sorry, but the "I don't see every post" excuse simply doesn't wash; there are a number of threads that have Hamill's name clearly written all over them; you're telling me that not one of them would have been an appropriate place for this non-discussion?

Go ahead and tell me that I'm making much ado about nothing; the facts are the facts: this forum is being absolutely clogged with threads that either don't need to be here at all because their topics for discussion are ridiculous, or are redundant because their function is being served in other threads. It's happening entirely too often, they're taking up entirely too much room, and someone's got to say something about it.

5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Right, but that is stating the obvious. Restoring his boyish figure on the other hand would go a long way toward recognition; even if he were 25, he would look much different carying that kind of weight.

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    And so, the Admin Wars have begun.

7. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Nice job eonline! They misspell Carrie Fisher's name and later on refer to Harrison's character as Hans Solo. :rolleyes:

8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Geez, people are a bit senstitive about this. My attention was drawn to the fact he looked different when I read an article where HE said he doesn't look like Luke anymore. I was in no way implying he shouldn't be cast, in fact, I said just the opposite.

My one and only statement was that he had gained a lot of weight, and would look a lot more like Luke for the movie if he were to get in shape.

9. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I had meant in my original post to add that the haters would soon come out to hate.

Then I thought - maybe they won't - maybe they've had enough of talking garbage.

I expect the impossible sometimes.

Well you are all going to gave to suck it up, because Hamill and crew are not getting recast.

10. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

I'd live to know what those haters did before the Internet came into their sorry lives.

Did they only hate themselves back then?

Valairy Scot likes this.
  11. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I don't know, I'll have to ask my grandparents next time it comes up in conversation seeing as they are the first people I heard make the comparison. ;)

12. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    He is the soul of this franchise.

T-R- likes this.
  13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    If I were to do a recast, then I would choose Dane DeHaan as Luke, Lily Collins as Leia and James Franco as Han.;)

14. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I think Hamill will come back, but not as a main character. He'll be to the ST as Yoda was to the PT. He'll be Jedi Grand Master.

15. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I wouldn't be so sure. Here is what Lucas thought back in 1983, at a time when he said he already had treatments, titles, and notes for the ST and PT:

Two interesting points from this quote. 1 is that he gave us the PT he descibed in 1983 as "social and political and talks about how society evolves" and 2 is that Mark is in his 60's. I'm pretty sure he is going to give us the ST he described as "focusing mainly on a 60 year old Luke and dealing with moral and philosophical problems. The sequel is about Jedi knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."

16. Poo-Do

Poo-Do Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2012
    It's at the point right now that if I don't see, Mark, Carrie, Harrison and Billy Dee i'll be disappointed.

Jimstarwarsfan likes this.
  17. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Luke and his crew will be the main characters throughout the ST and the new movies will also introduce the next set of heroes that will be the leads in the fourth trilogy and the focus of the various spin offs set in the ST era.

18. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    Hamill's age and scarring just makes him look like an old man with a rough life. I wouldn't expect anything less from an old Luke. It reminds me of the scarred look of Edward James Olmos and Admiral Adama. It works perfectly.

kataja likes this.
  19. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Agreed. Aside form that people who say Mark looks to out of shape clearly do not pay much attention to the countless of stars who get in great shape for a film. They have much bigger resources than we do. Add to that that the cameras can start subtracting pounds rather than adding them on, and you will find this is the silliest reason to not have Mark be in the film. It's been shut down for what it is every time it is brought up.

Corran1138 likes this.
  20. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I love how everyone's an expert and are so certain, like they work there or something.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  21. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    That is what actors do after all, prepare themselves for the rolls they play. did hamill have a reason to shed pounds before, probably not.

22. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    There is NO possible way you could recast Luke. None. I say bring back Mark or have completely new characters. I would hate to see Luke portrayed by another actor.

kataja likes this.
  23. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    you strike me as the sort of person who stabs himself in the eyes with knitting needles.

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  24. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Agreed that Mark looks terrible right now. But if he grows a beard, drops about 30 lbs, and gets the Hollywood treatment I think he would be great for an Obi-Wan style role.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Jimstarwarsfan likes this.
  25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Impossible? Please. How many movie Batmen have there been? How many Supermen? James Bond?

No role belongs to one actor. If circumstances were different and Ep. 7 were to be shot 30 years from now, with the chracter of Luke Skywalker being featured in one way or another and if Mark Hamill were dead, would you be so opposed to a recast?

Continuing with the hypotethicals, if Mark Hamill knew he could not possibly sign up for the role (or if he did not want to), do you think he'd mind that much if Luke skywalker was recast with a different (be it older or younger) actor? I'd wager he wouldn't mind at all.