main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Regaurding the Millenium Falcon.....

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LottDodd, Nov 28, 2012.

?

How do you want to See The Millenium Falcon in Episode VII?

1. What a Piece of Junk! (the years have not been kind, more run down then ever)

24.1%
  2. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. (the same as you remember her)

58.2%
  3. I've got your word, not a scratch.... (Old Man Solo has finally restored his sports car)

17.7%
  1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    30+ years after Return of the Jedi, what state do you want to see the Falcon in?

Unchanged from your memories of Empire Strikes Back? More Dillapidated and Run down then ever? Or has Han finally got her Fully Restored and Cherried Out....?

2. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I imagine it's a constant project, getting fixed or upgraded for each time she takes a beating.
    Never to be perfect, but never to be anything less than the Millennium Falcon.

3. princessnikki

princessnikki Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2012
    Remember the way Han looked at the Falcon sat in the hanger while waiting to take off in the Tydirian Shuttle to Endor. He loved the ship too much to just let it fall in to disrepair. I think if we see the ship again, it will be in roughly the same condition with maybe one or two subtle differences....a new radar dish for starters!

HankSolo, Ryus, Episode Swag and 3 others like this.
  4. Thomas Solo

Thomas Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    I can't imagine the Falcon won't be in the films. Although if it is set 30-40 years or so after ROTJ, I'm not sure it would make sense to be in the films. I have been driving for almost 30 years and don't still own the same car I started with. I know it's different, but you get it.

Again though, I'm sure the Falcon will show up.

5. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    It will be the same old bird - Han won't have changed a thing.

I wonder if she'll survive the trilogy though :(

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I agree. But I doubt she or Han survives Ep 7 let alone the whole trilogy.

7. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I think it can serve with some Empire-esque comic relief. Maybe not to use the failed hyperdrive angle again - but other things like maybe even having trouble lifting off.

As in something like "...the years haven't been too kind to this thing...(Leia)"

But just when you think the Falcon ain't going anywhere -- in it comes to save the day!

8. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I'd be very surprised if any character gets killed off in the first one - it would be the second at the earliest, I'd wager - if they are getting killed off at all.

Passing the torch in the movies does not mean they have to die - they could simply carry on in the spinoffs.

Still though, it would have to be an legandary, epic event to take out any of these guys.

I can't even comprehend how they'd do it!!!!

9. smallpaul

smallpaul Jedi Master star 3

Aug 15, 2001
    If the falcon is in the film it will be a metaphor for the condition of Han Solo. If Han's character arc is complete and he went from pirate to good guy and has remained a good guy the falcon will be in great shape, cleaned up, new parts and running better than ever. If Solo has gone through some rough times, lost Leia and Chewie and he's a bitter old man the falcon will in turn be beaten up, run down and falling apart. However, if that is the case rest assured the falcon will still have it where it counts. Thus telling the audience that Solo has it where it counts. He may be beaten and broken and a piece of junk but his heart is still good and he may still have some chance for redemption when it counts.
    A solid screenwriter is not going to pass up the opportunity to use the falcon as a metaphor for our favorite pirate.

10. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    The Millennium Falcon is a staple. Bring back the Big 3? Ya gotta bring back the MF'n MF!!!

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I know that the EU is not being considered, but Millennium Falcon is one of my fav EU books. She seems to have done fine in that universe.

12. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

Sith_Bounty-Hunter Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    you have to bring it back, it may be old , but it has personality, and personality goes a long way

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    These are the essentials IMO:

- The Big 3
    - R2 & 3PO
    - Chewie
    - Millennium Falcon

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I want to see the same ol' falcon. Surely Han would have added to it, but in the decades that have gone by it would definitely have taken some damage as well.

15. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Skyfall Spoilers.......................................DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

I'd love to see the old girl. I'd mark out just like the old Aston in Skyfall. And also like Skyfall it'd make a serious impact to see it destroyed.

16. serso

serso Jedi Master

Nov 1, 2001
    What if Han gave the old Millenium Falcon to his son. Like a father could give his old car to his son in our world. I could see a short scene where the son is complaining about the quality of the M.F. and Han saying something like: "Son, this ship has saved my life many times. It's the best ship in the galaxy!"

Granger likes this.
  17. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    If Han and Chewie are back then I assume the Falcon will reappear.

18. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Of all the EU children of Han and Leia... none of the sons would want it (especially not Jacen)

Jaina however. *dives into the ship's guts and starts modding the hell out of the old girl*

Ryus likes this.
  19. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I absolutely think if Han or Leia have a child it should be a Han-like daughter.

20. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The Falcon had a cameo in EP3 ROTS so I"m sure it will turn up in EP7 somewhere .

Episode Swag likes this.
  21. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Why not in a museum/monument of some sort? It did have a role in the destruction of both Death Star's. Its a historical artifact

22. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Of course it will be in the movies. The question is how will it look! I reckon exactly the same but there will be a new sensor dish (damn you Landon!) and a few other modifications now that Han has had some spare time.

Hopefully they stuff chewie and put him in the co pilot chair. Becauses he's dead and we're following EU continuity right??!

23. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    It's possible Han's son will be flying the ship.

Han could say something about he was 'sad to see her go', or 'I hope you've been looking after the Falcon, junior.'

24. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    You know how the star wars movies start off in space with usually with a spaceship or a distant planet? It would be great if you see the Falcon heading towards Coruscant as the opening scene for episode VII

25. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    I can totally see that happening.

Where can the ship be seen in ROTS btw? Can someone remind me because I've long forgotten. Or even post a screen cap.