main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.10 - Secret Weapons - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Episode 5.10!! Secret Weapons!
    The count down to Gregor's debut begins :: Part 1 of the Droid arc
    [​IMG]

"Humility is the only defense against humiliation."

R2-D2 is part of a team of Republic droids chosen for an important mission led by the diminutive Colonel Gascon to obtain an encryption module from a Separatist dreadnought. The droids must overcome numerous challenging obstacles to succeed in this crucial assignment.

http://starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep510/#!/about

***​

The TCW General Discussion Thread (spoilers) will be open to any "official" information discussion, other than the leaked plot info for S5, and any preview/episode clips for the individual episodes (i.e., things like IGN where they give us a 2:00 minute part of the show, often spoiling key scenes).

The S5 discussion thread (Spoilers!) will continue to be the main heavy spoiler thread, including discussion of the video clips for each week's episode. Plot spoilers will continue to be limited to this thread and must still be "spoiler tagged" or black highlighted.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This episode is gonna be interesting

GeneralCIS, Seerow and SeparatistFan like this.
  3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I wonder if the Super Tactical Droid is General Kalani?

SeparatistFan likes this.
  4. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    That would be nice, but I don't think it will be.

5. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm not sure about this the last droid arc wasn't my cup of tea but this does look better than the other one.

GeneralCIS and SeparatistFan like this.
  6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I find it odd how Pit Droids only pop up during Droid-centered episodes (Nomad Droids) and are suddenly capable of speaking basic. I wonder when we're going to see Mouse Droids with irish or french accents?;)

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    For Christ's sake, is this show deliberately regressing in on itself? First, we start off with the godawful love triangle bs from the Onderon Arc, then follow it up immediately with four endless episodes of the Star Wars muppet Babies spinoff, and now a Droid arc starring astromechs. Seriously, remember when this show dealt with state terrorism, assassination, indigenous relocation, and actual WAR?

This is like Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes transforming into Marvel Superhero Squad.

8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Not sure how I feel about this one. We'll see.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    There really hasn't been an episode I've absolutely hated yet this season, though I was very let down by the Onderon arc. The long arcs are dragging for me, that there just isn't enough material/locations/conflict to keep them interesting across four episodes. YJ has been the best thus far, but even it was getting to me by the end and I wanted something new. I am interested to see the Clone Commando, but at the same time I fear that this could be the worst 4-parter, being as it's 88 minutes of droid centric-ness, and I fear R2 slapstick. I was really looking forward to Clovis being next.

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I am waiting...with crossed fingers because I'm not really sure how I feel about this - BUT I can let you know AFTER the arc airs.

11. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I guess you can say...

...this episode is going commando.

[​IMG]

12. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Clone Wars seasons always start off a little slow and build to a crescendo.

Anyhow, it's time for a comedy relief droid arc. That's OK - last season's were pretty good.

The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.
  13. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

Mace: "Aayla, Dooku's escaped. Assemble some astro droids with attitude.."

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    YEAHHHHHH

Young Jedi arc was better than it had any right to be.

Hard not to see Zandalor's view of it TBH.

15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The newest preview on starwars.com is interesting. The parwan seems to be just a tad overly obsessed with his job - kinda reminds me of Dr. Strangelove.
    Wha...? Oh, my brain hit snooze when you wrote Zandalor.

Garth Edit: Enough baiting. You should know better at this point.

16. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    dr. freaky.

17. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    that doctor needs to be checked out by a doctor, he seems to have a few screws loose.

18. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    FOCUS ON THE WAR

JEDI AND CLONES V.S DROIDS

And these four episode arcs are just a pain. This doesn't need that.

19. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    There has been barely any war this season. Just insurrections and skirmishes that leave characters either derailed or decayed.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its certainly going to be interesting to see an arc that seems to have only a few characters with speaking lines. Granted I don't think a character needs to speak to be interesting and tell a story. This episode looks like its going to be funny. Don't let me down Brent Friedman.

I haven't flat out hated any episodes either even if Onderon pissed me off with how it did everything easy and Young Jedi disappointed me when I watched all the parts together. That is nothing I could sit though with some popcorn and have some fun watching. I enjoy the long arcs when there is enough material to justify them, by all means, however I think a few single episodes peppered around would be nice. Its making the season feel like its going by to fast and there aren't many stories being told. On the other hand the linear story telling and inter-connectivity of these arcs is awesome. I'm am most interested in meeting Gregor here not surprisingly.

The episode title is "Secret Weapons" so sounds like something to do with the war and some Republic vs. Separatists stuff will happen. Its been said R2 will make his most important contribution to the war here. Something is being setup with this arc. I would like my clone fix as well. Gregor will have to do.

21. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm picking up a Peter Lorre vibe from that Parwan character.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Here is MY theory:

I think the sneaking aboard a Separatist Dreadnought is just in the first episode. In the guide there is an image where they are already on a ship with Separatist corridors. Look at the floor. It is the same one as in the scene from "Witches of the Mist" when Ventress dueled Dooku on a "Providence" class cruiser.

Plus, in the guide they have featured the ship so that means it is in the episode. The official site does include things in the guide for an episode that are not in the episode itself.

And the guide speaks of the droids overcoming the odds of security on the ship. If this episode was just a setup for them to get there eventually, it would say "The droids must overcome horrible odds to reach the Separatist flagship in time". They reach the ship in this episode and get the code. And maybe later they ask Gregor to guard them cause they have a vital code to get to Mace Windu.

The rest of the arc will happen after they escape on a CIS shuttle that is shown in the comet clip from CVI. I think get stuck on the Cruiser with the code and are forced to hijack a shuttle from the hangar of the Separatist Dreadnought.

It will be another one. In one of the trivias they did mention that there are going to be many super tacticals.

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Not looking forward to this. Not very interested in a droid arc, not buying the action figure set either.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Any interesting trivia from TFN!?

25. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, this definitely won't hold a candle to the last arc.