main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Who Was The Secret Buyer For Ahsoka?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So in S05E08, Hondo said he was going to sell off Ahsoka to a high bidder. It wouldn't have been the Jedi, and by the fact that neither Dooku nor Grievois seemed to know anything about it, it almost certainly wasn't the Separatists.

Here's my theory: It was Mother Talzin.

Here's the thing: Mother Talzin would, I think, love to rebuild the Nightsisters by starting with a female Jedi she could turn to her own particular brand of the dark side. Hondo did say that it didn't matter if Ahsoka was alive or not, and I'm guessing that Mother Talzin has her own magic that would make "not" into a problem that could be overcome. In fact, in some ways it might even work better for her.

So, does that make any sense? Or what are your alternate theories?

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Jabba the Hutt possible, he loves slaves

3. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If it is that important within the context of the show, we will most likely find out soon.

If not, well...

[​IMG]

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  4. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Dezono Qua

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    maybe ur the buyer [face_thinking]:p

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I can't tell how serious this thread is. No more "Nobody cares" gifs please. Anyways, I'm pretty sure the buyer coming for Ahsoka was Grievous all along.

It seems to me that the republic refused to come rescue Ahsoka or pay any ransoms. Hondo is about profit, not profitable to just kill her, particularly considering the botched effort that lead to Ahsoka getting captured. So, Hondo tried to sell her (Young jail bate female Jedi) as a slave. Dooku got this advertisement. Dooku recognized the female Jedi's description. Its pretty likely he hates Ahsoka and he had been thinking about how much he wanted to stomp Hondo's ass into the ground for the whole capture thing, Hondo said it himself and kinda implies he may have had further run ins with Dooku or his forces. Maybe the pirates have been pillaging Separatist supply ships or something else that is hampering them. Dooku with some kinda dry wit decided this was the perfect time for karma to bite Hondo back and kill two birds with one stone. Those two birds were annihilate Hondo and kill Anakin's annoying Padawan. So, he sent Grievous in posing as the buyer. Its almost like an over the top joke. Grievous wouldn't care if she's dead or alive. Karma bit back. Hondo's base got fragged.

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I wanted to it to really be Otua Blank from "Bounty" wanting Ahsoka for a bride. :D

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It was Palpatine looking to clone female Jedi.
    One of Ahsoka's Force powers is the ability to create new forum threads about herself.

9. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    "Bride"? Is that supposed to be a euphemism for...never mind. O_O

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Watch episode 20 of Season Four and you will get it. ;)

rumsmuggler likes this.
  11. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think it's Dooku.

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I wouldn't think it's that important. The CIS has a bounty on Jedi that Hondo thought he could collect on when he had Obi-Wan and Anakin. If he was bold/stupid enough, he could try to negotiate a deal with them again (though perhaps someone further down the hierarchy that isn't immediately associated with Dooku). Otherwise I'd think that there could be some random crime lords out there that would love to have a Jedi just as a matter of prestige. Which crime lord(s) exactly probably isn't important and I'd think there are many of them and most probably are unimportant to the Clone Wars.

TreborSabreon and Seerow like this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    If only...

Esg likes this.
  14. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Totally serious from my end, though it seems to have degenerated pretty quickly.

When I first saw that Grievous would be in this episode, I assumed that, too. But then he gets down to the planet and never even mentions her to Hondo. Not even a "Tell me, pirate scum, where is my Jedi?". Dooku never says anything about her, either. So I really don't think it's either of them - she would be an important enough prize that one or both of them would have at least said something about her if they were really the buyer.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni was the secret buyer

16. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    I'm reminded of the occasion at an anime convention in the mid-90s when someone at a panel asked Izumi Matsumoto whether he ever drew naked pictures of his female characters for his own amusement.

As I recall the response was rather indignant, but wasn't quite precisely a denial...

Order66Survivor likes this.
  17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [face_sick]

I don't want to know what Filoni does during his spare time.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Jar Jar Binks was the Secret Buyer

Seerow likes this.
  19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, the two most annoying characters ever getting together. Good one.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    :p

I miss this stuff.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The bounties being on Jedi crossed my mind. However it would be pretty stupid for Hondo to try and collect on that directly with Dooku. Either way he may have been soliciting bounty hunters to come buy the Jedi to collect on it. Dooku heard about it and did a knock-knock joke so to speak. Two birds, one stone. What else would of prompted to Dooku to send Grievous then?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Atai Molec

He definitely craved for revenge after the Jedi rescued the Togrutan slaves and destroyed the slave facility in the Slaves Of The Republic arc (and Ahsoka almost made him fall off a ledge, that alone would be enough to set someone like him off).

Vialco and SeparatistFan like this.
  23. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    To add to that, I got the impression that Hondo was expecting to see Grievous, just not with an army.

24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Why would he not care if she was dead or alive? He seemed pretty interested in making her a personal slave (among other things [face_sick]) in the SOTR arc. I'd think he'd definitely want her alive if for no other reason, torture.

25. Palpatine's SOG

Palpatine's SOG Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.