main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What single moment are you anticipating the most?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthMateous, Nov 14, 2012.

1. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    I didn't think of this... The PT had it's share of problems with using OT characters, such as people not liking kid anakin very much, or teen angst anakin. It really wasn't until the 3rd movie that they nailed his character. I guess this sort of stuff can happen in the newer films.

IMO the droids were ruined in the PT and never needed to be there. Obi-Wan was decent but had absolutely no back-story or personality. These things mar the OT a little, I suppose.

It is a risk to toy with the OT characters once more, but I think everyone is delighted at the idea of seeing them again on-screen. Harrison Ford might look a little old to wield a blaster or something, but he can still pilot a ship, right? And of course an old, maybe even bearded Luke with robes and all is an interesting thought, to say the least. And it would be easy to bring the droids/chewie back. I guess there is a risk of over-saturation...perhaps too many characters even?

I guess the possibilities are just endless at this point for ways to screw up what already exists. Let's just hope the people in charge have a love for it.

DarthMateous likes this.
  2. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Not in Ep 7, but in either 8 or 9: Luke getting blasted by Force Lightning and being able to take it/absorb it/deflect it without even being phased like Yoda when he kindof hiccupped absorbing it.

DarthMateous likes this.
  3. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    The opening crawl, pretty much. There's a kind of sublime feeling of hope that comes along with the title flying away fromt the screen, a great sense of possibility.

DarthMateous likes this.
  4. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Luke joining the fight in the start of episode 7 saving the day when the good guys is about to be killed, jumps in wiping the floor with like 16 Silt lords.
    Show us a Skywalker in his/her prime can do.People will die happy in the cinema while screaming their heads off.

5. BosskHunter2

BosskHunter2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I have always been a fan of the space battles. The opening scene of episode III, when they pan down to the space war, was one of my favorite scenes in the saga. I'm hoping they have a balance of space and ground battle scenes. One of my main concerns is that they might focus too much on the character development and dialogue to make up for the PT. Balance is key.

DarthMateous likes this.
  6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd expect VII to focus on character development as we need to build up to a crisis that'd warrant a large scale space battle again.

7. BosskHunter2

BosskHunter2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree with you, but I definitely want the balance we had in ANH. My fear is that we get a 2 hr master/student lovefest focusing on Luke and his padawan. I doubt that it happens, but it would be my nightmare. After all, the name of the movie is Star WARS. As you can tell, I'm just nervous right now. So many unknowns.

DarthMateous likes this.
  8. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    A cool Jedi Temple style like someone said would be cool. At least Disney showed that they catered this one to Tron style.

9. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Ya I like that silence "A long time ago....."....and everytime I've been in the theatre, there is no sniffle, cough, crumpling of wrappers or anything during this silence. I love that.

DarthMateous and Echo-07 like this.
  10. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    yeah it would be nice to see those Iconic words once again and seeing the main logo go by.

11. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Most movies you go to there is sosme chatter or murmur when a movie starts. When SW starts its dead silent . . . then the cheering.

DarthMateous likes this.
  12. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    I watched 'Lilo and Stitch' the other day with the kids... It had another example of a sci-fi style disney castle logo.

13. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    God. I cannot even choose just one. I'd love to see:

1. Luke lighting up his old lightsaber for the first time.

And Definitely:
    New Planets
    Reunion of the Luke, Leia and Han.
    New Force Powers - nothing cartoony like force running. Something less showy perhaps.

14. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    Energy absorption is cool. *Luke or another new Jedi catches a lightsaber blade with their hand*

15. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I still wonder if the Sequel trilogy going to tie the EU together!

16. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Seeing the older, wiser Luke Skywalker for the first time in Episode VII. Igniting his lightsaber and fighting, even better.

17. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    If they do... I could imagine a single shot in the trailer that would make all the EU fans have a heart attack.

A pair of doors slide open to reveal a meeting room. Three Jedi look up from a table. At the center is a bearded Luke Skywalker dressed in a formal black jedi robe, to his left is a slightly younger man with a beard and longer hair clad in a green tunic, to his right is a woman who looks to be around Luke's age clad in a green jacket over a blue or black jumpsuit, she has red hair.

*EU fans faint*

Honestly, I'm looking forward for the Millenium Falcon and it's inevitable mechanical trouble. XP

DarthApprentice and DarthRelaxus like this.
  18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want them to do the Disney Castle logo with Jar Jar then walking out of the castle and getting struck by lightning. A laugh track plays, and then the classic fanfare and opening crawl begins.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  19. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    The opening crawl, of course.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I know the thread is "what single moment are you anticipating the most" but I can't choose. So:

"A long time ago in galaxy far, far away...."

The opening crawl.

The first ship in the first scene.

Introduction of the new villain.

Introduction to the new protagonists.

Introduction of Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, etc.

Introduction to the new government.

The first space battle.

The first ground battle.

The first lightsaber fight.

So pretty much everything except the end credits.

21. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    To me it's easily the first preview for the movie then I can more or less learn are they following the thrawn books, or going into The Solo twins or just a whole new plot altogether

22. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I think George Lucas should have a cameo in every new Disney Star Wars movie, like Stan Lee does in all the Marvel movies.

And before I get flamed, I'm kidding.

kainee likes this.
  23. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Finding out that R2 was the Dark Lord all along.
    [​IMG]

kainee, DarthRelaxus and Poor Greedo like this.
  24. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    i might have heart failure! =P~

25. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    more of this please :)