main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.10 - Secret Weapons - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 28, 2012.

1. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I just want the Shadow Conspiracy Arc. Only arc I've ever been dying to see in TCW.

hlc88 likes this.
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So far from what we have seen it appears so.
    It will come, that is an arc this show can not skip over.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Can't help but feel Gregor is being used to spruce up what would otherwise be an eye-gouger of an arc. :(

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There have been cases like that in TCW before where something small but badass has been used to make an awful arc a little better.

Like having Wolf Pack in Nomad Droids.

5. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Same... but we are getting closer to it. Perhaps this droid arc will be entertaining. I'm not looking forward to this arc but I am determined to keep an open mind about it.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Gregor is gonna be badass

8. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    My mother and I were talking the other day about how an episode could be carried mostly by characters who spoke only in beeps and whistles. She mentioned to me half the reason R2-D2's scenes can be so good sometimes is because of how people respond to him, leaving open to the imagination what he said to them, like when he smarts off to the battle droid in the previous episode. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how they handle those interactions.

As for whether the story itself is going to be any good, of course, I'll hold judgement until I actually see it.

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  9. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
  10. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Why is it that those mechanical arm thingies touched literally every portion of Artoo's body except his rocket boosters... when they were performing maintenence specifically on his boosters. :oops:

Also, I'm getting really tired of overacting in the show. Just because a character is eccentric doesn't mean that he or she has to look at the audience and shout random words for emphasis. The show's producers are always stressing the fact that they do not treat this show as a cartoon, yet they throw in obvious cartoon stereotypes at every opportunity. I'm not against comic relief, but is it too much to ask for it to be a little more... subtle?

Edit: Has anybody noticed that the pit droid's name is (LAC)Wac-47? [face_thinking]

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Order66Survivor likes this.
  12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Great user name, that would be...

Garth Maul and Seerow like this.
  13. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    That alien (Gascon) looks to be the most ridiculous alien to appear in any Star Wars media. Interesting though to see a non-clone officer in the GAR.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    You could stomp on that little creature [face_laugh]

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  15. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    It's the design that perturbs me the most.

16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I do not believe the Disney-fying of Star Wars will be very subtle.
    [​IMG]

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    And Mickey with light saber hasn't even gotten of the ground yet...

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It is fun to create my own translation for R2 inside my head. I'm going to be making up alot of captions in this arc.

What is even more awesome is the description of the Pit Droid's personality. Clearly they are trying to say something about WAC. And I might make that sock just to ebay it. Starts at $49.99.

Watch the last episode of South Park. Gives me alot more appreciation for this, lol. xD

19. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    This better be good. I’m getting really tired of these overlong arcs, the stories just aren’t meaty enough to justify it. 4 episodes packed with droids can’t be saved by one episode with Gregor appearing, so the droid stuff better be top notch. The worst aspect of this is that our midseason break will probably be between part 2 and 3 of this arc, how "thrilling" it’s going to be to wait a month in-between episodes. This better be good.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the break will start at Part 3

21. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    ARGH! This show would be outstanding if they stopped wasting time with these idiotic child- and droid-based arcs. Prepare yourselves guys, we got an entire Jar-Jar arc coming up next...

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    no we don't :p we have Clovis after the Droid Arc

23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Sidious cannot get here soon enough.

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think alot of people are jumping the gun thinking this is going to suck just because its all about droids. Yeah the past droid episodes haven't been all that. But this one is written by Brent Friedman arc. That guy can write complexity. The guy who penned the Rakko Hardeen. This arc might explore droids the way Umbara did clones. Its been billed that R2 is going to make a big contribution to the war. Its hard to imagine what that is but I'll take it. Its foreshadowing something big is going to happen. There is a good chance this arc will setup the Clovis arc. Alot of people were freaking out about how much Young Jedi would suck and turned out most of us enjoyed it. There hasn't been anything unwatchable this season. I'm going to watch a couple episodes before breaking out the OMG ONOZ gif on this one.

25. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Don't know if this has been covered yet but is the Seppie Dreadnaught the Invisible Hand?