main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Amen, brother!

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    At first I was a little apprehensive about Disney. But I feel confident that Kathleen Kennedy with protect the brand. Contrary to you though I am excited, beyond thrilled, that we won't have to face the dulldrums without Star Wars ever again. I half-way suspect that Episode 9 son't be the last -- the ST acting more as a bridge or connective tissue to further episodes with brand new characters, heroes and villains. Also, I suspect they will start a fresh series et duringt he Old Republic simply because of the wealth of stories that can be told in that era where there were hundreds of Sith battling Jedi. IMO it makes oo much sense.

Krueger likes this.
  3. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I wonder if this will break the avengers box office record? Remember 3 years from now movie tickets can go up by about 2-3 dollars so I say yes

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I believe you're right. Look at the hype this movie is already getting approx 30 months out. By the time 2015 rolls in it will be the most anticipated movie ever. Also all those little kids who are only 2 or 3 now will be ready to see it in 2015. More people, higher ticket prices, crazy anticipation = Box Office Smash.

5. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    Not only the hype as news,conjecture, hopes continues as to what various SW fans want to see in the next episode, but just as Echo-07 states, geez it's still 30 months out.
    That and each generation that has grown up and religiously followed every episode has varying thoughts on what they would like to see. This forum is going to generate so
    many thoughts, ideas that I hope Disney advises all involved, writers, director(s) etc. to peruse this site for the many great ideas that members of this forum has contributed!

6. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I agree, I think it will be very likely that Episode 7 becomes the new box office leader.

Not necessarily contrary, though. When the announcement came out I wasn't completely surprised by the Disney part, but I was very surprised by the "new movies" part. But I've grown to be excited about it, and I think it all represents a good future for the franchise. I just hope that any continued movies beyond the ST are done very carefully so as not to feel like overkill... the release of a new SW movie is supposed to be an event. The worst, though, would be some straight-to-DVD movies like Disney sometimes does with sequels to some of their other franchises (but I doubt they would do that with SW unless it's like bonus episodes of an animated SW TV show or something).

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    ^^ Agreed about overkill. Honestly, I don't want to see any more Ewoks movies = made for TV. Movies must be big budget feature events IMO.

eht13 likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Depending on the marketing campaign this could be the highest grossing Disney film easily. I'm not sure if it'll topple The Avengers. Didn't the box office success of that movie seem unexpected? I remember when there were reports that it grossed 200 million in just the first few days, and I was like no way that's unheard of! Stranger things have happened.

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    The Avengers was a surprise for sure, but I think Episode 7 could surpass it both in opening weekend and total box office. And doesn't The Avengers count as a Disney film?

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I keep forgetting that haha. The Paramount logo distracts me every time. Well either way, it'll be close I think.

eht13 likes this.
  12. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I haven't seen Avengers yet, but let me ask you guys did Disney have a logo at the beginning? That's something that's been discussed here and I tend to doubt they will since they have owned movie production companies in the past that remained autonomous.

13. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    No, for contractual reasons that go back to Paramount's relationship with Marvel. Basically, we don't know yet whether Disney Marvel movies will have a Disney logo, because Avengers was a Disney movie in Paramount cosplay.

14. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Echo-07 I didn't know that you saw Star Wars in theaters back in 1977. Pretty cool.

16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yep. I'm starting down the other side of the mountain. It was at a drive-in too! Most people probably don't remember those. LOL

17. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I mentioned earlier in this thread that I saw The Empire Strikes Back at a drive-in. ;)

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Mine was more of a walk-in.

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    It's not cool that others of us here also saw it in the theater in '77? :p

GGrievous likes this.
  20. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
  21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw it in the theater in 1977 and managed to get a poster when it left there. (My then-partner knew the manager and projectionist and he got it for me. I still have it in a heavy cardboard tube.)

Fettcrom, GGrievous and Echo-07 like this.
  22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It's cool in general, including EviL_eLF 's experience. :p

It's just that Echo is newer and I am glad to see veteran fans of Star Wars joining the board.

eht13 likes this.
  23. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Jon Favreau and David Fincher in the Running for Star Wars?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97576

Source: Deadline
    November 30, 2012​

It's been over a week since the last rumor about a potential director for Star Wars made the rounds and to make up for lost time, there are two more names allegedly in the running. Directors Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Cowboys & Aliens) and David Fincher (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network) are apparently seeking out the job, or so says Deadline.

They say: "I've also heard Jon Favreau is panting after this job, and even that David Fincher, who apparently worked for Lucas’s ILM in a menial job as a teen, might be game for one of these new films. Unfortunately, we are getting nothing out of Lucas Land on what they call speculation. I broke a story recently that Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg will write future Star Wars installments, most likely the second and third installments of the new trilogy, I’d heard. Lucas, through Disney, denied every speck of this, but I ran it anyway. They won’t comment or clarify these things because they want to announce it themselves on their own Twitter or website or whatever they’ve got."

Favreau previously expressed interest in the job but hasn't outright said he's gunning for it, and Fincher's involvement might be simply wishful thinking due to his involvement with Return of the Jedi as an assistant camera man.

Disney is said to be planning on taking the 'Marvel' approach to Star Wars and releasing a new film every 2-3 years with some that focus on different aspects of the Universe, but they're remaining tight-lipped about all of this for now. Star Wars: Episode VII, meanwhile, will move forward with a screenplay by Michael Arndt for a release in 2015.

24. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I wish there were more drive-in theaters around... we had 2 left in the area, but one of them just closed at the end of this last season. The land has been sold and a Walmart is being built there... so we're down to our absolute last drive-in theater here in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota. I try to get to the drive-in at least once a year... but with so few around, it's not easy to do anymore.

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The movie theater that I went to see TPM and AOTC is no longer open. Actually ditto with the theater that I saw ROTS. I'm old :(