main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ok, the Fox fanfare? Necessary or not now?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by budspencer, Nov 29, 2012.

1. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    I wonder how many people think that Disney should somehow, rent the iconic soundbyte and place it in front of the movie.

Without it a new Star Wars movie would be like a whopper without its flame grill hamburger...it would not taste the same....

I think it is necessary....

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Whether it's necessary or not, you're not going to see it in the ST.

And years down the road, when you've watched the ST movies as much as you've watched the OT and/or PT, you're not going to care.

3. budspencer

Dec 23, 2010

Ouch! you should say that to the hardcore fans who wanted George wookie scalp because he made the special editions and changed a few things. U don't mess around with Some aspects of Star Wars and the fanfare is one of them.... If it had not been important it would not have been in the PT....ok technically he had no choice but still...

Doug625 likes this.
  4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    It won't be there, you can take that to the bank.

5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'm very fond of the fanfare prior to the opening music as well, but it's just the Fox fanfare, and I suspect we only like it because we're so used to it. I bet that if the movies succeed, there'll be a chorus of people claiming that the new Disney castle opening "works surprisingly well!" or something like that. Or not, who knows at this point. [face_dunno]

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  6. budspencer

Dec 23, 2010
    I know, but i can dream can i. :)

mes520 and Count Yubnub like this.
  7. budspencer

Dec 23, 2010
    Yes!Tinkerbell opening Star Wars.mmmm my childhood is destroyed now!

Count Yubnub likes this.
  8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    It's a nice bit of nostalgia to hear the Fox fanfare before the title. However, it's the least essential ingredient for a good SW film, which is fortunate, since it won't be there.

TreborSabreon and Count Yubnub like this.
  9. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Seriously. If you paid $4 billion for something, you're sure as sh** not going to put someone else's name on it.

10. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I must admit the fanfare is iconic as hell, but the LucasFilm logo wasn't always there, we got used to that, I'm sure well get used to the Disney castle.

11. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Well it wont' be there...because Fox won't have anything to do with the new Star Wars. However, we still have the Lucasfilm logo and the far far away thing :) Did they have the Disney castle at the beginning of the Marvel movies?

12. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Proposal: Lucasfilm gets its own fanfare after the Disney castle, and this new fanfare serves the same purpose as the Fox fanfare in terms of key, etc.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Not on any of the current ones, no, but that was because there still hasn't been a Marvel film released that was solely under the Disney flag. Paramount still has their name attached to The Avengers and Iron Man 3.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

cdgodin, Ulicus , FRAGWAGON and 2 others like this.
  15. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    No fanfare is so much different than Greedo shooting first.

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Um, in a way I'm glad we have about 30 months so that people can slowly and carefully make their peace with the death of the FOX fanfare. RIP

Padme501st likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I say Disney ponies up a little dough and buys the fanfare. Or just watch this video every day for a few years to get used to it

(someone in the comments does raise a good point that the Marvel flicks don't have the Disney castle infront of it, I'm guessing Lucasfilm logo only, no disney, and it will be remarkably similar yet legally distinct to the fox fanfare)

Sith_Bounty-Hunter likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, that is possibly how I'll word it...

Count Yubnub likes this.
  19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    While it did get me pumped sitting there in the theater about to watch the movie I honestly don't care if it's on future movies. I mean it won't of course since Fox will have nothing to do with the new movies. The movies are why I am there not the Fox thing. I think I'll live.

Echo-07 likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I hope Disney is wise enough to show the same exact trailers in front of the new films as we got with Empire Strikes Back! I loved how those trailers led into the announcement about where the exits are located and how the exit announcement led into the Fox Fanfare. Man, I cannot wait to see the trailer for Chariots of Fire before Episode VII... so nostalgic...

21. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I like this one better:

TheManFromMortis and DarthMak like this.
  22. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Until its carbonite-frozen clone appears and takes a new apprentice.

23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Right....

24. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    And then 15 years after that for people to gripe about it.

Echo-07, -NaTaLie- and Artoo-Dion like this.
  25. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    No one complained when MGM merged with UA and the MGM lion started appearing before Bond films. Even more drastic now that it is Columbia Pictures/Sony.