main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Disney Chief Alan Horn: Lucas "very, very involved on a consulting basis".

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by rezpen, Nov 30, 2012.

1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
  2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    This is the best news I've read about the new movies since they were announced. ^_^

3. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Disney are too smart to cater to the fanboys. They want to attract a new generation of fans and sell toys to them :)

4. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I know some people would wish Lucas was nowhere near this, but I'm happy they are still keeping him involved. I think it will genuinely allow him to do what he does best which is a big picture idea man. I think it will help stories flow together better as well. People keep taking the concept of "original story" as though it will be separated from anything we have seen thus far. I think it is more of a new story that continues what we have seen thus far.

5. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    Anyone think that part of the deal to sell Lucasfilm to Disney was that Lucas himself would have a certain amount of control over SW? Obviously, not as much as when he owned it completely, but still enough that his ideas will still be a big part of the movies?

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    "We take very seriously the obligation to make a very good movie. Kathy is a very experienced producer; George Lucas is the godfather of that franchise and very, very involved on a consulting basis, so we feel very confident."

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Good news. Lucas should absolutely be involved with Episodes 7, 8 and 9. Not so much the latter films (although a bit of involvement wouldn't go amiss), but he should definitely have a hand in the construction of the ST. I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

8. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Love to hear this. It is still gonna be George's vision. The haters will need to deal with it or move on with their lives.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't have a problem with Lucas' ideas being part of the films. His stories and ideas were never the problem, only his inabilitiy to display them on film.

10. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I wish he'd been a little more forthcoming than "soon" as to when we'll have a director confirmation.

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I think that is pretty accurate and well said.

12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I suspect one of the next two videos at the official site will finally reveal who the director is as well as what the general story arc will be, and by that I mean an announcement about the Big 3.

I don't think anyone will have a probelm with Lucas consulting. It will maintain continuity and all those little nuances we're concerned about. Basically it will be the same position he held during TESB & ROTJ -- very good news for us!

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  13. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    Just don't let him write anything detailed for script, or direct any actors at any points.

14. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I liked this reference in Wikipedia

That is something I could live with, I think that sort of minor involvement will suit George.

15. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    I think he was a lot more involved with TESB & ROTJ than he will be with the ST. He wrote the stories, co-wrote the screenplays and participated in pre-production and post-production (and I think was on the set during the shooting of ROTJ). This time around, it's probably closer to his role in TCW.

oierem likes this.
  16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I think it will mainly involve Lucas approving or not-approving ideas for how the movies are being done, as well as offering insight into how aliens & starships should look etc.

17. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    I suspect he's mostly be influencing the story development. But at this point, Kathleen Kennedy can overrule him.

18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    This is really good news. My biggest concern about these new movies is that the movies will devolve into soulless commercial filmmaking, whereas up to now they've hada more-or-less perfect balance between commercial and personal filmmaking.

19. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    Great news. With that known, the story WILL come from George.

20. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    Why would anybody do that? I don't think Kathleen Kennedy is that arrogant to think that she knows better Star Wars than the guy who made it up. If anything, she has said that George is where the story comes from.

21. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm not sure whether to be happy at this or not, George is a great big idea guy, but... the closer he gets to dictating the script and direction of the films the more nervous I get. Sometimes he just makes really boneheaded creative decisions, really.

Heero_Yuy and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  22. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I highly doubt that Lucas picked Kennedy to be overruled by her, and I equally highly doubt that Kennedy will find it her place to "overrule" Lucas, certainly on story matters.

23. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm curious, who are these generalized "fan boys" you speak of, we all come to these forums and ones like them, we're all fans does that not make us all fanboys/ or fangirls. It sounds like a label someone conjured up to set themself apart from a section of people they don't like.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Adult die-hard fans, in this case.

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I am very encouraged by this...this is indeed the most reassuring information I have heard about this whole thing so far! I like the idea that Lucas will still be involved in The creative aspect of Star Wars...sure he doesn't have to direct or write, but he still should have a say IMO in choosing how things look and Have a large part in creating the storyline...(These things are what he did best in the previous episodes IMO). Its great that they're paying close attention to making sure that the Star Wars saga is still represented in this new trilogy the way it should be.

Now I just hope That in 2015 I'm not proven naïve in believing such things.

InterestingLurker and eht13 like this.